IGNORED

Any one flown straight to samui before?

neo1011

Thinking about flying straight to samui, I know I got to change planes at Bangkok but wondering if I have to go through immigration control in Bkk and get my bag before I get the next flight? flying with EVA airways who is using Bangkok airways for second leg, they are allowing 1.5 hrs between landing and take off which might be cutting it fine if immigration is having a slow day. Guessing samui won’t have immigration as it’s not an international airport? 

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

You have to go through immigration in Bangkok but not get your bag - you'll get the tickets for both legs when you depart and you walk fully out of transit area into the main airport but you don't check in for the next flight you just walk right through to the security gates with your boarding pass and go direct to your next flight (this is a good time to quickly grab one of those 1 month unlimited data sim cards from the operators in the airport for 1000 baht)

You'll have plenty of time to catch your connection (assuming your flight is on time)

• Like 2

“Givers have to set limits because takers never do.” - Henry Ford

"No matter how hot she is.... somebody, somewhere is sick to death of her shit" - Me

I do this all the time tell EVA that your final destination is Samui when you check in and they will check your bags through and you just pick them up on Samui.

When you land at Swampy just follow the signs for connecting flights above the walkways and you don't have to go through the main immigration hall, there is a immigration desk after you check in for you domestic connection. So much quicker than the scrum at the main immigration.

1.5 hours is plenty of time i have done it in as little as 30 mins and made my flight. Dont forget you can take advantage of the free Bangkok Airways lounge opposite Gate A2 while you wait for free wifi coffee and sandwiches (assuming its open now)? 

• Like 2