Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Whats better Citadines/Grand President/Holiday Inn on Soi 11.

tdot112

Which is better?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pick 1

• Citadines
    • Grand President
    • Holiday Inn

Hey guys, i'm looking for any recent info on these hotels particularly the Citadines. Has anyone stayed here recently, looking to book for a trip late August.

If you have stayed at Grand President or the Holiday Inn on the same Soi, can you let me know how they compare, especially w/ ease of bringing guests and facilities.

I'm looking at soi 11 because the location is close enough to Nana and nightclubs too🙂.

I dot know if grand president is open . I saw a lot of construction when I was there in January but before that if tower 2 you can bring as many guests as you want. Last I stayed was the Mercure . Good hotel and guest no problem with two 

I used to stay at GP a lot 10-15 yrs ago, liked it, although it was looking a bit tired, not sure if it has been renovated. But good size rooms and lots of mirrors….

Citadine is newer, quite good, but small rooms

On 19/07/2022 at 22:50, Encora said:

I used to stay at Grand President a lot 10-15 yrs ago, liked it, although it was looking a bit tired, not sure if it has been renovated. But good size rooms and lots of mirrors….

Citadine is newer, quite good, but small rooms

Grand President  has renovated rooms in Tower Two; that was on my last stay pre-Covid. Maybe more now. GF.

Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok is bit cheaper. Shower over bath is not for me.

Holiday Inn is comfortable but right at end of Soi 11, fair walk from Sukhumvit Road.

Mercure Sukhumvit 11 Accor  is excellent. Discount for Accor card holders.

8 hours ago, slalom said:

Non of those actually, not sure why you specifically mention only those hotels since there are better hotels on soi 11. 

What other hotel would you recommend on soi 11 and why? I'm open to suggestions. 

Travelodge- budget hotel

Eleven Hotel- mid range hotel

There you are, I've given you two recommendations instead of only one that you asked for. 😀

Why? read reviews on booking sites.

Stayed at the S31 it is across the road from the holiday inn soi 11

I stayed at the Aloft pre covid. I'd call it a pretty decent hotel maybe 3 star hotel. Kinda top of Soi 11. Would consider staying there again but it is a little incline up hill walk going back to the hotel.

1 hour ago, burgher said:

I stayed at the Aloft pre covid. I'd call it a pretty decent hotel maybe 3 star hotel. Kinda top of Soi 11. Would consider staying there again but it is a little incline up hill walk going back to the hotel.

Soi 11 uphill? No it isn't.

But look City Chic.

Soi 8 Adelphi. Looove it

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info guys. Ended up booking citadines on Sukhumvit 11. My flight arrived 8am, got to the hotel around 10 to drop of my bag cause check in is 2pm. They just copied my passport, handed over room key and said it ok you check in now sir. So far so good PXL_20220825_041537891.thumb.jpg.20758f33787eeb64bce04a20eeae0638.jpgPXL_20220825_041558250.thumb.jpg.1f9cb33002fafcb651edf1446cfc1bb9.jpgPXL_20220825_041537891.thumb.jpg.20758f33787eeb64bce04a20eeae0638.jpgPXL_20220825_041551212.thumb.jpg.602d4b4b5bd32d125a7f8eb211a033d5.jpg

PXL_20220825_041604265.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Yea have always liked staying at citadines. Little different after covid  though...all staff have changed , not  as friendly and they won't reserve a room that you might know and like, even if you paid in full for the booking  

Their tuk tuk service used to run to Terminal 21 but now only drops u off at the sukhumvit Rd end  of soi 11...Nana bts

Still if u want a room with a kitchenette, this is the place . Otherwise Holiday Inn express at the end of the soi is much better value.  Citadines seems to have a price hike