IGNORED

Udon Thani Hotel

Hi Guys

On my last visit to Udon Thani i stayed at the Charoensri Grand hotel, while in the smack center of town and everything close its not that cheap. I also checked out Charoen hotel and didnt like it and Ban Chiang hotel was soso.

Do you know of any guesthouses with good location and fair prices? some info/reviews would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

/Mike

The only other one that springs to mind is the Karin hotel.central location, Large rooms, fine but not flash in the 1000 Baht per night region if I remember correctly. Sorry, I do not know of any guest houses in Udon off the top of my head.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Irish Clock http://www.irishclock.com/index.html good rooms, good food comfortable beds in the Soi that most of the bars that were opposite Charoensri Grand hotel have moved to.

Highly recommended 850 Baht per night including 1 small English breakfast.

Al.

• 3 months later...

It's silly to spend 1,000 (or 850 baht, even if it does include a breakfast) per night for a room in Udon.

Top Mansion is very near by the modest red light district with clean, basic rooms 350/night, 2380/week.

Lotus Condotel and Mono Place are both clean, well cared for places just south of Phosri Road near Wat Po for about the same price as Top Mansion. That's walking distance to downtown, the Night Market, and a couple of discos.

Jan Condotel is over by the lake & park, opposite the museum with prices between the high and low. I've never seen the rooms but I was told it was very nice. A bit longer walk to downtown but it's an interesting and safe town to walk in.

~Sa-teef

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Thanks, just the sort of info I'm after for Oct/Nov. Any idea about "joiner" fees? Or BG fees?