Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Adelphi or Amber?

swedan

As the title say, which should I book?

I'm familiar with the location, that's not an issue, breakfast I don't care about.

Prices are almost the same, I have never tried any of them.

So please, if anyone has experienced both, please inform me.

Edited by swedan

• swedan changed the title to Adelphi or Amber?

Can't comment on Adelphi, but I stayed at Amber for 3 weeks in May.  Staff were friendly and helpful, no problem having a guest over.  Front desk would call and ask if okay to send up, then call and ask if okay to leave.  hotel is in very good shape and maintained well.  Room was small, but clean and well appointed, without a doubt the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in any hotel!  Nice salt water pool. 

For the not so good, they must have been short on cleaning staff, they never got around to making my room before 6pm.  I worked around this by hanging the "Please Clean Room" tag on the door, usually was cleaned in a couple of hours.

For the bad, seems to be a quite popular place for families on weekends.  Pretty much from Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon the pool area was overran with screaming fucking kids.  And of course the little fucks would run up and down the halls screaming as well.

Loved the place during the week, hated it through the weekends!   

Edited by Catfish1950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you, I now read more reviews about family's and loud kids in Amber,

I booked 10 days in Adelphi now.

My last visit to Adelphi was in 2019, I spent 3 weeks at Amber May/June this year and three visits in December last year.

Adelphi was ok, nothing negative to say about it, in May it looked very quiet whilst Amber was quite busy. 

I agree with Catfish re the cleaning, so slow and late afternoons before the cleaning staff came around, I assumed it was due to a lack of staff.

Also, they did not want any early check-ins, "2.00pm only sir" and late check-out cost 200bht an hour so as I wanted to leave at 8.00pm I had to pay for an extra night rather than  half the daily rate. Just little niggles.

Only other negative here for me was occasional group of Indian males acting like pricks deciding to play in the pool throughout the night, shouting and screaming, as pool facing rooms acted like an echo chamber. City facing rooms on the opposite side could get quite hot during the day.

• Like 2

i stayed 3 weeks at Adelphi , on June.

I was satisfied.

A bit too few loungers at the pool. And they need  2 umbrellas more.

The Adelphi has 2 computer at the Lobby.

The Amber not. for me is this important.

Someone know, which hotel has also Laptop or computer at the Lobby ?

i know August and April.

15 hours ago, tkm said:

I was satisfied.

i know August and April.

I stay in Adelphi now, agree about the pool area, must be really cramped there during high season.

Think I like D hotel more, with the saltwater pool.

Don't know about computers there 

But no big difference.

Swimming pool is a "must have" for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2022 at 12:10, swedan said:

I stay in Adelphi now, agree about the pool area, must be really cramped there during high season.

Think I like D hotel more, with the saltwater pool.

Don't know about computers there 

But no big difference.

Swimming pool is a "must have" for me.

Agree RE D hotel and there is a computer in the lobby

I'm staying at the Adelphi in a few weeks time. Can anyone confirm if it's guest friendly? I presume (hope) it will be.

4 hours ago, LiamSutty said:

I'm staying at the Adelphi in a few weeks time. Can anyone confirm if it's guest friendly? I presume (hope) it will be.

Adelphi is definitely guestfriendly !

(I stayed there 4 weeks ago)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, piff said:

Adelphi is definitely guestfriendly !

(I stayed there 4 weeks ago)

Brill thanks!! 🤩

• 2 months later...
On 07/08/2022 at 11:07, LiamSutty said:

How was your stay there ?

On 18/07/2022 at 05:19, tkm said:

I was satisfied.

i know August and April.

Sounds like the Adelphi Patts is the same as Adelphi in Bkk on Soi 8.

Soi 8 - Bkk: Stayed there in April and would highly recommend but their pool is tiny.  Lucky it was just before Thailand fully opened up so there was literally no one around.  hotel occupancy was around 30% so many times i had the pool to myself (or my tiirak) but couldn't imagine it during peak season.  Also Adelphi in Bangers are fully furnised suits so theres no dinning area.  If you want breakfast you have to go out and pay which may or may not suit some people.

I think Adelphi's rooms are great but a little overpriced to what u could get elsewhere.

22 hours ago, docbunsen said:

How was your stay there ?

It was very good actually. The room is quite spacious with a super comfy bed. It was cleaned every single day. I can confirm that it is guest friendly. No problem taking a girl or girls back they just have to do the usual sign in with their ID etc.

It wasn't very sunny on my trip so I didn't use the pool on the roof but went up for a cheeky look and there were just a few hardcore sunbathers there tanning in the cloud. It seemed about 50% capacity at the hotel but it looked adequate enough. Not a very tall building so the views weren't spectacular. 

I loved the location. You are halfway down a soi between Soi Bukhao and 3rd road so you are a stone throw away from Tree town and not much further from LK Metro. I spent quite a bit of time drinking on Soi Pothole and Soi Lengke before venturing down to LK so I found it easier to go the top way onto 3rd road to get to them than have to deal with the hustle and bustle on Soi Bukhao.

2 free bottles of water every day too and it was a nice little balcony to have a chill and cigarette on after a shower or when you get up. 

Had no complaints at all really with the place. I'm back again in a couple of weeks and only staying at the Travelodge Pattaya because it was super cheap and I've stayed there before. 👍