IGNORED

View Talay 6, 21/ 807, anyone stayed there?

Sloracer

Just a long shot. Has anyone stayed in 21/807 and can provide some feedback.

I'm looking to rent this studio for a few weeks but the photos aren't very detailed. Appreciate any info.

Is this the condo you are talking about? I haven't stayed in this specific room, but I have rented similar ones from Honey's on that floor. This looks pretty similar to their other offerings. Personally, I wouldn't choose it, because it seems to lack a proper desk, and the kitchen area is really tiny. Listing says "microwave" but I'm not seeing one (usually on top of the fridge). If you have specific questions about the room, contact them in English through their web site. They usually respond within a day or two. I've made special requests in the past (office chair, internet router in the room, large floor fan, etc.) and they sorted it out.

In general, VT6 is a great place to stay. Amazing sunset views (Walking Street side), mall next door, and conveniently located not far from WS, LK, and other fun areas.

https://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/21807-walking-street-side/

• Like 3

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

1 hour ago, tokyojoe2010 said:

Is this the condo you are talking about? I haven't stayed in this specific room, but I have rented similar ones from Honey's on that floor. This looks pretty similar to their other offerings. Personally, I wouldn't choose it, because it seems to lack a proper desk, and the kitchen area is really tiny. Listing says "microwave" but I'm not seeing one (usually on top of the fridge). If you have specific questions about the room, contact them in English through their web site. They usually respond within a day or two. I've made special requests in the past (office chair, internet router in the room, large floor fan, etc.) and they sorted it out.

In general, VT6 is a great place to stay. Amazing sunset views (Walking Street side), mall next door, and conveniently located not far from WS, LK, and other fun areas.

https://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/21807-walking-street-side/

Thanks that's. It was booked for the period I needed so I now have another vt6 condo booked.

I have stayed in vt6 before and liked it, just wasn't sure about that condo, some have quirks.

• Like 1

please share any other condos if you have gone thru , would be helpful for my trip in aug. thanks 

47 minutes ago, i_love_3somes said:

please share any other condos if you have gone thru , would be helpful for my trip in aug. thanks 

I stayed in one pre covid which I liked but i can't remember the number and didn't see it on the Honeys Web site this time. I'll be at vt6 1st week august week in August, happy to report back, and happy to check a place out for you if needed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

I stayed in one pre covid which I liked but i can't remember the number and didn't see it on the Honeys Web site this time. I'll be at vt6 1st week august week in August, happy to report back, and happy to check a place out for you if needed.

me too going thru honeys web site . rooms which i like are booked during my stay (thats what's its showing on the site)

12 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

me too going thru honeys web site . rooms which i like are booked during my stay (thats what's its showing on the site)

Always better to email them and confirm, some say they are booked on the site for some reason but actually aren't. 

Do VT6 condos get noise problems from nearby bars? 

28 minutes ago, quietguy77 said:

Do VT6 condos get noise problems from nearby bars? 

the bar areas around there are mostly dead now.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

1 hour ago, praf974 said:

the bar areas around there are mostly dead now.

Thanks, but I'm looking at next January/February so hopefully Pattaya will be more lively then.

I was just wondering if VT6 condos on higher floors would be quiet enough to sleep. What were they like before covid?  

8 minutes ago, quietguy77 said:

Thanks, but I'm looking at next January/February so hopefully Pattaya will be more lively then.

I was just wondering if VT6 condos on higher floors would be quiet enough to sleep. What were they like before covid?  

yes, they're fine. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, quietguy77 said:

its lively now .. but not around VT6 .. MIT complex has been bulldozed and leveled.    The complex beside soi 10 is almost deserted as everything has moved to soi buakhao / treetown etc.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Dancewatchers are having problems. I e-mailed them and they responded immediately and said they would get back to me. No response. I used there form to make a res and no response again. I see many good reviews about them, but I'm getting worried. Any suggestion ? I'm coming over in a few weeks.

On 18/07/2022 at 15:05, i_love_3somes said:

I booked with honey and they tried to make me pay extra for using credit card. Do not prepay and ask to see the room first and you if you don’t like it grab your bags and move on. 

• Like 1

i have not received any  answer from them yet . 

18 hours ago, Cuckold said:

I booked with honey and they tried to make me pay extra for using credit card. Do not prepay and ask to see the room first and you if you don’t like it grab your bags and move on. 

I’m looking to book a room at VT6, but Dancewatchers insisting on pre-payment, or at least a 9,000THB deposit. Is this normal? Everything else I’ve looked at is free cancellation 

13 minutes ago, boydio said:

I’m looking to book a room at VT6, but Dancewatchers insisting on pre-payment, or at least a 9,000THB deposit. Is this normal? Everything else I’ve looked at is free cancellation 

a deposit is normal and is lost if you cancel.  This helps weed out the flakes etc.  I dont know if any VT6 condos that lets you book a room in advance without a deposit.

5 hours ago, boydio said:

Very normal. Dancewatchers, while expensive compared to other agents are 100% trustworthy and all their rooms I have stayed in have been quality. All agents will ask for a deposit as if you cancel, they may not be able to rent it again on short notice and will lose money. Some book years in advance with Dancewatchers for their more popular rooms. Honey will at least refund some or all of it or allow you to use it towards another booking.

• Like 1

Taking a new hotel in Pattaya at VT6 and they sent this interesting email after booking.  This is just FYI.  I hear the coffee house is very popular.  Finding check-in might be a small adventure though.  My expectations are low, so hopefully the hotel/condo will surprise.  Anything else to expect?  Since this is a condo does that mean no maid/laundry/trash service?  

View Talay 6 Condominium by Honey sent you a message:

Thank you for booking with Honeys. We look forward to welcoming you. View Talay 6 Pattaya Beach Condominium is located on 2nd Road, immediately before Central Festival Shopping Centre. Check-in at Honeys Property, next to The Coffee House by Honey, located on the 3rd floor in View Talay 6,towards the swimming pool. Number 243/21. We are required to have a copy of your passport on check-in. Check in is from 2 P.M. on your arrival. If you require a check-in well before 2 PM we would recommend that you reserve for an extra night as we are generally full, especially during the high season. However, we will always do our best to accommodate, you can leave your bags with us whilst you wait. If possible, please advise us of your estimated time of arrival. In the event of check-in later than 10 PM, the keys will be with security on the 3rd floor next to the lifts. There are lifts on the 2nd floor if you require. If you require a taxi, please advise us of your flight details and number of passengers/bags. The cost is 1,400 baht inclusive of motorway tolls. If you have any questions,please do not hesitate to ask. Any problems,please call us on 038-416-856 or 090-9746011. Best Regards, Honeys. www.honeyscoffeehouse.com View Talay 6 Pattaya Beach Condominium 243/23 Second Road Pattaya Chonburi Thailand 20150 Telephone 038-416856 Address in Thai: อาคารชุดวิวทะเล 6 ถนนพัทยาสาย 2 อยู่ข้างเซ็นทรัลบีชพัทยา

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Taking a new hotel in Pattaya at VT6 and they sent this interesting email after booking.  This is just FYI.  I hear the coffee house is very popular.  Finding check-in might be a small adventure though.  My expectations are low, so hopefully the hotel/condo will surprise.  Anything else to expect?  Since this is a condo does that mean no maid/laundry/trash service?  

Thank you for booking with Honeys. We look forward to welcoming you. View Talay 6 Pattaya Beach Condominium is located on 2nd Road, immediately before Central Festival Shopping Centre. Check-in at Honeys Property, next to The Coffee House by Honey, located on the 3rd floor in View Talay 6,towards the swimming pool. Number 243/21. We are required to have a copy of your passport on check-in. Check in is from 2 P.M. on your arrival. If you require a check-in well before 2 PM we would recommend that you reserve for an extra night as we are generally full, especially during the high season. However, we will always do our best to accommodate, you can leave your bags with us whilst you wait. If possible, please advise us of your estimated time of arrival. In the event of check-in later than 10 PM, the keys will be with security on the 3rd floor next to the lifts. There are lifts on the 2nd floor if you require. If you require a taxi, please advise us of your flight details and number of passengers/bags. The cost is 1,400 baht inclusive of motorway tolls. If you have any questions,please do not hesitate to ask. Any problems,please call us on 038-416-856 or 090-9746011. Best Regards, Honeys. www.honeyscoffeehouse.com View Talay 6 Pattaya Beach Condominium 243/23 Second Road Pattaya Chonburi Thailand 20150 Telephone 038-416856 Address in Thai: อาคารชุดวิวทะเล 6 ถนนพัทยาสาย 2 อยู่ข้างเซ็นทรัลบีชพัทยา

Have your ride drop you off at the VT6 driveway off 2nd Rd. Walk up the wide outside steps into the 3rd floor corridor through the big doors into a long hallway with low key shops, rental offices, laundries, etc. Honeys is on your left just past the elevators. Security guard is at his desk by the elevators. You can arrange daily maid service for a fee with Honeys. Honey’s coffee shop is pretty laid back and has a small terrace to relax on. Very easy.

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

VT6 is a condo but definitely treated like a hotel by some rental agencies that don't follow the minimum one month rental law. Very easy to find the Honey's check in, just keep walking after the security desk/elevators on the main floor/3rd floor and you'll see their laundry/coffee house, restaurant and check in counter all on the left. The security guards are nice enough and will help you too if you need it.

I've stayed in VT6 five or six times, each time with Cando Properties. It looks like their website is not functioning now, so maybe they are out of business. I stayed at VT2 in Jomtien several times with Dancewatchers, and their service was really good, but they were much more expensive than anybody else. It may not matter to you, but I always wanted to stay for 3 months, and I'd have to pay at least 10k more/month with Dancewatchers for comparable units.

VT6

Great rooms great views great location but all the charm of staying in a gigantic Russian apartment complex.  

Much better places to stay IMHO

eg

Page 10

March hotel

Whitehouse Condotel

Residence Garden

Baybreeze (Junior Suite)