IGNORED

Mobile mechanic to fix car in Pattaya?

thetrader

Sorry if this in the wrong forum, mods just change it please.

I am in farrangland for 7 weeks and my GF has a problem with her car (smoke and smell coming from engine -  can not drive for 1 week now - engine have problem) - her words. She can't move or drive the car so someone has to come to her to sort it out.

Obviously she is not mechanically minded and I am not there at the moment - so any reccomendations for mobile mechanic to come look at her engine and give a quote to fix it - without being scammed?

She just wants to ring up any "thechnician" come get car and fix it and pay (me pay).. Obviously as a farrang I want value for money and honest job.

I would have thought contacting the main dealer for your car would be the better option.....maybe not the cheapest but surely better than any old somchai looking at it?

• Like 2

If nobody here can 100% vouch for 1 specific mechanic, then I agree with petermik to contact a trusted dealer, kinda difficult to know who you can trust and avoid being scammed/getting poor work.

Thanks for answering guys but the situation is that it is her car that is 14 years old and really not worth taking to a main dealer for a big expense. If the cost to repair is more than the car is worth then I would rather put the money towards another car for her - hence looking for a mobile mechanic to get a quote to repair first.