IGNORED

Anybody Flown EVA Out Of Vancouver, Canada?

ScottyG

Hey there.

Just wondering if any of my fellow Canadians have flown EVA out of Vancouver to Bangkok. If so, what did you think of their equipment/service? ie. comfort, quality of food.

Done EVA twice over to Thailand. Went once from Seattle and this past October from Vancouver. Both times it was 747. Seattle was the combi (cargo and passenger) and Vancouver was 747-400.

Flew Evergreen Deluxe class both times. More legroom, and seat reclines farther. Also the seating is 2-4-2 across, rather than 3-4-3 in cattle class.

Food - on a scale of 10, I would give it a generous 4. Comfort - 8/10. The seating was nice with the extra leg room, however it was not as comfortable as I would expect.

Customer service (I was caught in the airport takeover, so my flights were all messed up) I would rate as a big fat ZERO. Unable to get through to anyone at all. My sister who is a travel agent back in Canada had to call them 3 times in California to sort things out. They stiffed my two travel companions for hotels and taxis in Taipei due to the schedule changing and did not provide them with hotels or meals. I raised a stink when I got in to Taipei and they reluctantly gave me a hotel room and a gracious 6 US dollars towards meals for 22 hour layover.

Overall, will not fly with them again.

Edited by fritzzzzz35

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

I only fly EVA from YVR, maybe 20 times now.

Best schedule, fares about average, excellent service without attitude. No rude, fat, leathery Air Canada-style attendants. Never had a pompem in the air or on the ground and they get you to BKK about noon local time.

Food? What airline has good food except when you pay through the ears. I'm there to fly to Thailand not eat.

Edited by johnnyk

Agree with the negative comments on EVA I used them last year with the upscale economy, wider seats and 2 4 2 configuration but the extra $ was not worth it. The Staff do what is required and nothing else. I tried it once after being a loyal Cathay passenger for a lot of years, have booked this years flight on Cathay from Van through HongKong the staff on CP really help in making the trip more enjoyable it is long enough without surly staff. MHO

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Agree with the negative comments on EVA I used them last year with the upscale economy, wider seats and 2 4 2 configuration but the extra $ was not worth it. The Staff do what is required and nothing else. I tried it once after being a loyal Cathay passenger for a lot of years, have booked this years flight on Cathay from Van through HongKong the staff on CP really help in making the trip more enjoyable it is long enough without surly staff. MHO

Funny, I guess there are no 100% sure things.

I've always had good and friendly service on EVA but two trips on CP I found them mechanical, reminded me of Lufthansa robots.