Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Avani or Siam@Siam?

BuakhaoBarry

Don't usually splash out on rooms when in Thailand, I usually stay in 1000-1500b a night hotels.

But for my next trip I think I'm gunna treat myself.

I'm torn between Siam@Siam and Avani.

If yous had to choose between the 2, what one would you choose and why?

Edited by BuakhaoBarry

• BuakhaoBarry changed the title to Avani or Siam@Siam?

I really like Siam@siam I've never been to Avani but Siam is cheaper I think a lot cheaper when I booked. 

Siam just has a really great pools which are nice to chill by watch the sunset while drinking from the bar (happy hour at sunset), very cool.  Never ate in their restaurant so can't comment on that. 

Rooms are nice too, service decent.  Bit out of the way but close to Soi 6. Potential companions like the idea of staying there. 

I will return there 100% next time I'm in Pattaya though maybe not the whole time because price/location. 

Edited by jaykao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is great news as I have a couple of my nights in August booked at the Siam@Siam :)

I've stayed in Siam@Siam a while ago and really did like it. Even before I stayed it was a sort of ritual to have cocktails and sunset on the top floor almost every night. 

But looking at the Avani it looks quite good, kind of like a resort. 

I had a couple of nights at Avani recently. Main downside was the lack of WiFi in my room. 

• Like 1

I’ve stayed at Avani a few times. The biggest upside is the outstanding pool, and it used to include access to a very good gym which is closed now.

I always took the rooms towards the second road bar and pizza patio that few people go to, which overlooked the pool area. I had good enough wifi, but the rooms were not really worth the money. Nice enough, but not very big. 

I would stay again if there was a promotion making the rate reasonable - because of the pool - but I wouldn’t consider it an excellent value. 

Never stayed at Siam but heard it’s very nice. Too far north for me personally, though, in terms of baht bus convenience.

• Like 3

I would choose Avani due to the many restaurants associated with Avani and the others nearby.

• Like 2

I myself am a Buakhao budget banger or  BBB for short & honestly Barry I thought you were cut from the same cheaply made cloth.

A true BBB'er doesn't go poncing round the likes of Siam@Siam or Avani.

We stay at cheap guesthouses around soi Buakhao, get trolleyed on Chang in treetown & eat undeterminable meat from the street carts with our bare hands like the savages we are.

Maybe a name change is in order, can I suggest Bourgeoisie Barry as an alternative.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

I myself am a Buakhao budget banger or  BBB for short & honestly Barry I thought you were cut from the same cheaply made cloth.

A true BBB'er doesn't go poncing round the likes of Siam@Siam or Avani.

We stay at cheap guesthouses around soi Buakhao, get trolleyed on Chang in Treetown & eat undeterminable meat from the street carts with our bare hands like the savages we are.

Maybe a name change is in order, can I suggest Bourgeoisie Barry as an alternative.

Hahaha you're right mate I am usually a BBB'er but just fancy a couple of weeks in a decent place. My hangovers fucking destroy me these days so I tend to take every 3rd day off. So wouldnt taking my 3rd days off in a nice hotel

I'll still be a BBB'er getting trollied on Chang and eating dog meat from vendors I'll just have a nicer room to stay in that's all. Slacking I know 😂

@BourgeoisieBarry, fair enough just be careful.

They say once you fly business going back to economy is a real downer.

You go & get your hi-so fix, Just remember these places are the very definition of "fur coat & no knickers".

BBB is engrained, it's a way of life, Buakhao will always welcome you back.

• Haha 1