IGNORED

Hotel recs?

Samf

Yes I’ve read through the threads :)

Gonna be my 3rd trip but first in a decade, I stayed near Soi6 before but it was a bit loud, looking for

1. quiet so I can sleep at midnight if I want to

2. nice pool that I can swim laps in (so no Areca or Siam bay view)

3. No joiner fee

4. on or very near to the bhat bus route 

5. Not really expensive (anything at or less than $100USD a night)

thanks!

Oh boy...here come the fights....but Avani has always met all of these needs ....price varies greatly though

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Oh boy...here come the fights....but Avani has always met all of these needs ....price varies greatly though

Thanks man, hotel looks great, wish the pool is bit bigger but love that tropical feel, awesome location and price is just right!  How’s their breakfast?  

6 hours ago, Samf said:

Thanks man, hotel looks great, wish the pool is bit bigger but love that tropical feel, awesome location and price is just right!  How’s their breakfast?  

it's out by the garden and it's excellent...though a bit pricey.  You also have Casa Pascual right aross the street which is an excellent and reasonable breakfast as well.

7 hours ago, Samf said:

hey mr pool cop, I’m plenty aware of hotel pool etiquette and don’t do laps if there are others in the pool

That’s Mr Pool Cop, Sir

2 hours ago, The Danimal said:

it's out by the garden and it's excellent...though a bit pricey.  You also have Casa Pascual right aross the street which is an excellent and reasonable breakfast as well.

Cool, I think the quote I got on Agoda for 110 per day (inc taxes) includes breakfast, I’ll put this high on the list, thanks!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Samf said:

Cool, I think the quote I got on Agoda for 110 per day (inc taxes) includes breakfast, I’ll put this high on the list, thanks!

you cant beat the location IMO...10 minute walk to WS and LK...connects to mall...BR..2nd Road...etc.

26 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

you cant beat the location IMO...10 minute walk to WS and LK...connects to mall...BR..2nd Road...etc.

Btw why did you say here come the fights?  Saw the thread on guest friendliness for Avani, looks like it is GF despite what they say over email, any other reason it would be controversial?

1 hour ago, Samf said:

Btw why did you say here come the fights?  Saw the thread on guest friendliness for Avani, looks like it is GF despite what they say over email, any other reason it would be controversial?

GF issues...I have stayed there 20 times?...not since pre-covid...but NEVER had an issue...others complain about their "stated" policy...

swim up bar.....connected to decent restaurants...the list goes on and on

2 hours ago, Samf said:

I stayed there for $38 net per night, and their breakfast is pretty good. (Sorry, but rate of $38/night only possible if you stay for at least a month).

1 minute ago, h.harris said:

I stayed there for $38 net per night, and their breakfast is pretty good. (Sorry, but rate of $38/night only possible if you stay for at least a month).

Dang well i was planning to stay 2-3 weeks so 38 per night for a month is still cheaper than 110 per night for 2-3 weeks.  Did you have to email them to ask or did you get that from an OTA like Agoda?  Thanks 

40 minutes ago, Samf said:

Dang well i was planning to stay 2-3 weeks so 38 per night for a month is still cheaper than 110 per night for 2-3 weeks.  Did you have to email them to ask or did you get that from an OTA like Agoda?  Thanks 

It is a  promotion rate directly from hotel. It is called " Long Staycation Monthly rate", starting at 40,000 baht per month. I emailed hotel directly for it at "[email protected]"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, h.harris said:

It is a  promotion rate directly from hotel. It is called " Long Staycation Monthly rate", starting at 40,000 baht per month. I emailed hotel directly for it at "[email protected]"

Yup...great deal...there was always this older lady (80's) they called "Mama" that would stay there on and off for three months...every three months.