IGNORED

Finally a non-stop flight from North America to Thailand

Whalley

Starting December 1 Air Canada will begin Boeing 787 Dreamliner non-stop flights 4 times per week between Vancouver & Bangkok.

EE6939E7-5AED-4174-8F92-30FE0D79C91C.png

0251A02E-F4CC-4CDB-915D-7D067E7C73D8.png

B6D82206-5421-4181-9A3A-8C4176C7F30D.png

If you can get a direct flight to Vancouver then this looks pretty good. Unfortunately for me I have to fly to Toronto then Vancouver with 4 hr layovers in both airports and it costs more. I haven't booked my next flight to BKK yet, so I will give it a good look.

Right now I'm looking at JFK to Hong Kong at 16 hrs with a short hop to BKK and this flight is 16 hrs too. So, maybe.

Edited by Ziplee

Toronto is by far the biggest hub in Canada.

With a departure time of 23:00 from Vancouver it will connect well with most US destinations.

7795ACFC-7D7E-423F-8410-745842AEABC1.gif

Edited by Whalley

It would take my flight to one stop which is really nice. 

Looking to book the first flight on Dec 1st the pricing is not too bad.

Back in the day there was a direct flight from New York to bkk with Thai airways.  Couldn't have been profitable as it was discontinued after a couple of years. I loved it!!!

43 minutes ago, Olderhand said:

Back in the day there was a direct flight from New York to bkk with Thai airways.  Couldn't have been profitable as it was discontinued after a couple of years. I loved it!!!

There was also one from Los Angeles to Bangkok non-stop as well. Never took it, as it was about double the price of a 1 stop. Seemed like a waste of money to avoid a 1 or 2 hour transit.

https://www.ryt9.com/en/prg/42185

I took the old LAX-BKK flight once on Thai Air.  I'm OK with 18 hours in the air since I can sleep on planes, but some guys would be pretty miserable being stuck on a plane for that long.

I'll definitely check this out since Hate that Japan or Korea transit. 

There also was supposed to be a direct from LA to Vietnam, which would be cool for a multi- stop trip.

1 hour ago, Richmond72 said:

I took the old LAX-BKK flight once on Thai Air.  I'm OK with 18 hours in the air since I can sleep on planes, but some guys would be pretty miserable being stuck on a plane for that long.

They got rid of this flight right when I started traveling to LOS (first trip was January 2012).

Figures.

• Like 2

Transiting in the US is a nightmare with the extra security and shitty airports so very happy to have this option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richmond72 said:

I took the old LAX-BKK flight once on Thai Air. ......

I also took it one time. Hated it.  Wide awake for the final 14 hours of the flight. Miserable even in Prem Econ. I'll gladly take the break in TPE.

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I also took it one time. Hated it.  Wide awake for the final 14 hours of the flight. Miserable even in Prem Econ. I'll gladly take the break in TPE.

3 hours ago, Richmond72 said:

With Vancouver being about 1500 km closer to Bangkok than LA-BKK, the flight is not as long.

On 29/06/2022 at 20:27, Whalley said:

Toronto is by far the biggest hub in Canada.

I'd be more impressed if they had a direct YYZ to BKK flight.

BTW, the news is all about how messed up Air Canada is at the moment with delayed and cancelled flights at YYZ.  How could they possibly know that after 2 years of lockdown people would want to travel?

I took the old LAX-BKK flight once on Thai Air, too. Did it one  time just because it was the longest flight I'd ever taken. Yes, it was a damn long time in the air.

The Thai stewardesses asked all the Thai's sitting next to each other in the window seats row if they wanted to change aisles so they'd have nobody sitting next to them. There were empty rows for the Thai's, none for the farang. Didn't ask  farang if they'd like more room, to sit without someone next to them. I chalked it up to Thai's  not comfortable speaking English with the farang so why ask them. Will Never fly Thai again anyway.

• Like 2

Hearing about all these 18 hours flight makes me feel kinda glad that my home is only 2 hrs away from Bkk.

And yet I haven't been back home since 2019. Sigh

3D & 2D CAD Design Services : https://noblecad.wixsite.com/noble-design

FB @NobleCAD

Background4.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2022 at 04:03, Noble Design said:

Hearing about all these 18 hours flight makes me feel kinda glad that my home is only 2 hrs away from Bkk.

And yet I haven't been back home since 2019. Sigh

If I was 2 hours away id be be planning long weekends like once a month haha

2 hours ago, Bobby G said:

If I was 2 hours away id be be planning long weekends like once a month WEEK haha

I fixed it for you.....  :Laugh1:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bobby G said:

If I was 2 hours away id be be planning long weekends like once a month haha

Well more than 10 years ago I was coming to Bkk on Fridays and going back home on Mondays every 2-3 months. Flights were so cheap back then (to and fro 3,000 baht). I would be having breakfast at home and having lunch at Bkk.

I didn't really need to go to Thailand that often since it's so close a lot of Thai ladies were working in my country and so were lovely Indonesians, Filipinas, Vietnamese etc.

• Thanks 1

3D & 2D CAD Design Services : https://noblecad.wixsite.com/noble-design

FB @NobleCAD

Background4.png

• 1 month later...

Air Canada?? Their moto has always been "We r not happy until every passenger is un happy" Eva, Korean, JAL, China Air, anyone but AC.

On 30/06/2022 at 11:46, Rocketboy said:

Canada ain't really North America....just saying my Canadian friends! 555

6BABF3FA-DB39-47B7-92FF-E279227315CB.png

1 hour ago, Soda11111 said:

6BABF3FA-DB39-47B7-92FF-E279227315CB.png

What I didn't know that! 555

Of course I do, learned way back in elementary school geography!

Six people got the joke and one is confused!

Maybe you thought I was serious! :)

Screenshot_20220821-094826_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, stan jonathen said:

Air Canada?? Their moto has always been "We r not happy until every passenger is un happy" Eva, Korean, JAL, China Air, anyone but AC.

Could not agree more. I recently flew business from New York on a long haul flight and it was a terrible experience. Took forever to check in at the airport, terrible food on the flight, the lounge experience also quite underwhelming. Hopefully never again!

16 hours ago, stan jonathen said:

4 hours ago, tptp76 said:

Could not agree more. I recently flew business from New York on a long haul flight and it was a terrible experience. Took forever to check in at the airport, terrible food on the flight, the lounge experience also quite underwhelming. Hopefully never again!

And yet Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking from Skytrax, which in 2021 gave Air Canada awards for the Best Airline Staff in North America, Best Airline Staff in Canada, Best Business Class Lounge in North America, and an excellence award for its management of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Go figure?

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/air-canada-recognized-with-multiple-awards-for-people-and-products-as-it-rebuilds-global-network-and-welcomes-customers-back-810937656.html

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/about/media/awards.html#/

Edited by Whalley

8 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

What I didn't know that! 555

Of course I do, learned way back in elementary school geography!

They teach geography in school in the US?  😀😀😀