Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Central Boutique Hotel on a Budget 600 Baht a night

j_omm

I just recently arrived back in Pattaya about a week ago..I have been here too many times to count and I do like staying in places reasonably central..

The  hotel I am staying in at the moment SUMALEE hotel in Soi Honey not so far from Central road is a really good deal.

The rooms have big KIng Size beds ,Really tastefully furnished with antique teak wooden furniture ,Guest Friendly and I am paying 600 Baht a night.

When I first arrived I was staying at Honey Inn,The room I was given was really noisy and a bit dated and I was being charged 750 Baht a night.

Pre Covid I stayed at Sumalee hotel a few times then it was 1000/900 Baht a night

I was informed if monthly 14.000 baht..

Most cheaper places rooms are a bit tired or jaded but not this place.

I am putting this out there because some really nice people run the hotel but don`t have much idea at all about marketing,

And I am sure a few people looking for good hotel deals would benefit too

20220625_202159.jpg

20220625_202244.jpg

20220625_202316.jpg

• Like 1

@j_omm this looks ideal for me, I'm coming for 2 months in Nov, Google's not giving any contact info, do they have an email ?

Hi Baxidar.. I will ask them for their email address/Line ID..They are not so tech organized here.There is a little balcony from the room its just a small balcony though also a nice roof top area

43 minutes ago, j_omm said:

Hi Baxidar.. I will ask them for their email address/Line ID..They are not so tech organized here.There is a little balcony from the room its just a small balcony though also a nice roof top area

It looks like some kind person a bit more tech savvy than they are could enter their place into Google Maps. 🙂 

Yes the rooms do have balconies ,They are small balconies but at least a balcony.The hotel itself is relatively new was built in  2017 so still has a very clean feel to the rooms.

That is an insult to the word "balcony". Why oh why is Thailand so poor at this(?) 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hi Angsta.

They aren`t on any booking site as far as I am aware,,There is another similarly named place on booking sites I think its Sumalee Residence but can easily see from the pics its not this one.

I asked last night if they have an email address and a Guy that stays here a Latvian said just come ??

Ie no email address,To be honest the hotel is great ,the management of it next to hopeless this being why you can get a really nice hotel for 600 baht a night.

I could not even find the place on Google maps and they only have a small sign saying Sumalee hotel.

But if coming into Soi Honey from Second road its not too far up on left hand side

9 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

That is an insult to the word "balcony". Why oh why is Thailand so poor at this(?) 

It's a french balcony 🤣

@j_omm just had a look on Google maps & sumalee residence which is in a small dead end side soi next to soi honey is all that comes up.

They really should get a line ID or email though, I think quite a few bm's would be interested especially at the monthly rate.

This place looks so familiar. I'm sure a friend of mine has stayed here before. Has it changed name over the past few years? I'm sure it used to be called something else.

Sumalee hotel is right on Soi Honey they said nmr 11..

The 2 pics below are the front of the hotel and TBH it does not really even look like an hotel and no big signs out either.

I have mentioned that a medium sized banner would be good advertising in front of the hotel which they said they would be putting up in a few days time.

I will also mention about a dedicated Line Account and an email account for the hotel.

I don`t think its ever had another name they were years building the new hotel and that was finished in 2017 so not really been opened that long

20220628_213633.jpg

20220628_213645.jpg

Already mentioned this in another thread, I have never stayed there but probably would have if not for the condo I have booked for November.

Doubt it may be classed as a "boutique hotel" more of a guesthouse but found it interesting, its in an "alley" just off Buakhao near the action street end, the rooms look decent and some have balconies, its a no through side road so no traffic noise (something I would think could be a problem in Soi Honey?) 4 weeks was under 12k. It can be found on Booking.com. I will be checking it out in November.

If this is the place I think it is(almost right across honey from the scenery hotel?) was it not a massage place back 4-5 years ago?  I did stay at both scenery and bayshor one on end of honey and thought they great locations.  That price does sound pretty good too.  

6 hours ago, rioman said:

If this is the place I think it is(almost right across honey from the scenery hotel?) was it not a massage place back 4-5 years ago?  I did stay at both scenery and bayshor one on end of honey and thought they great locations.  That price does sound pretty good too.  

Just checked street view after OP posted the outside sign, you are correct, next door to scenery hotel is a tailor shop (momi) & sumalee is directly opposite.

You have to zoom in but the sumalee sign OP posted is visible, think the massage shop with a similar frontage is next door although it's hard to tell as it's closed.

This hotel couldn't be more central, but is on the quieter end of honey, a very good find by the OP.

On 28/06/2022 at 23:39, Thomaz73 said:

Its the best way to discourage smokers from booking.

On 29/06/2022 at 13:39, Thomaz73 said:

Enough room for a plastic stool. Lean up against the wall and all is bliss.

The great balcony mystery is just one of those things, like why it can be so hard to find a modest room with a  jacuzzi.

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

@j_omm just wondering do sumalee charge for a 2nd guest? I have trouble luring 1 back nevermind 2, but I'm sure some BM'S would like to know if there's an extra charge.

Hi Baxidar,I just spoke with the people managing the hotel their comment was you could have 2 guests back, up to you how strong you are lol..No charges for extra guests

Yes hotel is in Soi Honey in quieter end opp Scenery hotel now closed.

I think an earlier poster has it confused with another place as it`s not down an alley and definitly not a guest house .And monthly rate is 14.000 baht nightly 600 baht

I have stayed in many hotels and my description as  Boutique hotel, but at a budget price more apt.

We are working on an email address ...

Will post as soon as I get this sorted.

But if anyone is in Pattaya just rock up to the hotel and check out the place for yourself..