IGNORED

Electric Clown cars at Hard Rock Hotel

Roadglide

So I’m staying at the Hard Rock with my Girlfriend and I see these parked out front. 
2A5D7764-DF2E-484F-99D8-4B65ABACD9E7.thumb.jpeg.53c7fac9ea508c3e32775610ecaef2b5.jpeg

They have 8 of these little electric cars and they are FREE for hotel guests to use, the only catch is that you have to have the car back by 6pm 

Must be solar-powered, so have to get back before the sun goes down  :)

• Haha 3

I wouldn't want to try take one on the expressway to Bkk. However, I would have no problem driving one around town.  Would be fairly easy for parking.  No sunburnt legs/neck either so seems like a practical solution to me.  If they have aircon then even better.

Edited by Kale

The future is electric.  Real men don't need a big gas guzzler to impress their girlfriends. 

Walking and bicycling shows off your legs and athleticism. 

Sitting in a car or on a motorcycle shows off your beer belly and nothing else 😂

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

6 minutes ago, LovinBgood said:

The future is electric.  Real men don't need a big gas guzzler to impress their girlfriends. 

Walking and bicycling shows off your legs and athleticism. 

Sitting in a car or on a motorcycle shows off your beer belly and nothing else 😂

Tell that to a WS Go Go girl after you bar fine her and want to walk to the room.   555

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Kale said:

I wouldn't want to try take one on the expressway to Bkk. However, I would have no problem driving one around town.  Would be fairly easy for parking.  No sunburnt legs/neck either so seems like a practical solution to me.  If they have aircon then even better.

They have AC and it blows cold air, we took it out to Silver Lake and drove around the attractions there and made it back even with the construction detours. 

They top out at 60 KPH, have a tiny luggage area behind the seats. If you had access to a charger at your condo or apartment these would be a great way to get around, especially during the hot or rainy season.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Roadglide said:

They have AC and it blows cold air, we took it out to Silver Lake and drove around the attractions there and made it back even with the construction detours. 

They top out at 60 KPH, have a tiny luggage area behind the seats. If you had access to a charger at your condo or apartment these would be a great way to get around, especially during the hot or rainy season.  

60kph is pretty low.  Most Scooters can go faster than that.  Would like to be able to go up to 100kph ideally but then you probably need a wider wheel base to avoid tipping at those speeds.  You could probably get a rooftop cargo box if you need more storage.

Fomm 2 will probably be a lot better.  First gen of most things is never that great. I would have no problem renting it for a few hours if I needed it for something.

Edited by Kale

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/06/2022 at 23:10, Arnie85 said:

Ridez test drove one a while ago. 

Similar but not the same vehicle, the ones at the Hard Rock were a lot nicer, for example no hand throttle...and are a little larger.