Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LK The Empress

Jagaar

Stayed only one night due to change in entry requirments for Thailand, and no need for test n go. Got a good deal with late checkout through Agoda. Only glitch was the first room allocated the room key would not work, then the key would not operate the power. Back to reception for a new room allocation. Room was fine. Bed was good. Pool is great and deep . Balcony is more enclosed, but great for drying clothes. Have put this hotel on my short list for my next visit. Quiet at night 1349314796_download(1).thumb.png.b82b880897f4fccde116e9f2b7f53212.pngIMAG0008.jpg.93d692ccd786ccea4e398f761ffb4757.jpgIMAG0009.jpg.b8a122b7ca055d0c0ff2365331d3bcd5.jpg

Should have taken some photos of the room. All the ones I have may feature naked ladies however

Appreciate if more BM's could provide their experiences with their accommodation

Only ever had one lady at a time. Id was held by reception. Sometimes they entered into a log book sometimes they didn't

One girl they really checked her Id as she was only just 20. No issues at all. Extra towels were  provided by leaving a tip for the maid

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, Jagaar said:

Appreciate if more BM's could provide their experiences with their accommodation

Only ever had one lady at a time. Id was held by reception. Sometimes they entered into a log book sometimes they didn't

One girl they really checked her Id as she was only just 20. No issues at all. Extra towels were  provided by leaving a tip for the maid

Yeah, I had a nice stay of 4 or 5 nights a few years back. 4 fresh bath towels every day just by tipping the maids.

It might be worth it on your next stay to pay the marginal cost a get a room facing the sea.

My prior full review:

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

2 minutes ago, Revanchist said:

Yeah, I had a nice stay of 4 or 5 nights a few years back. 4 fresh bath towels every day just by tipping the maids.

It might be worth it on your next stay to pay the marginal cost a get a room facing the sea.

My prior full review:

Think I paid around $380 aud for 7 nights. Price has gone up considerably since then as everything opens up

I've been waiting for some commentary on LK Empress.  I've been going back and forth between spending a month in the Empress or the newly refurbished rooms at Areca.

The last time I stayed at Areca was in the Evergreen wing, and it was pretty bad, but supposedly the new rooms are nice.

From the looks of it LK Empress seems a little nicer even if the location isn't quiet as good to me.

• Like 2

I've just booked 7 days here to kick of my trip and assault on Walking St. I've booked the beach view Jacuzzi room.

I find that a beer and soak in the tub is always a nice way to kick off or finish the night.

Ill let you know how it goes but won't be there till end of July.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

From the looks of it LK Empress seems a little nicer even if the location isn't quiet as good to me.

I can agree with the issues over location, but frankly the second time you walk to LK Metro it doesn't seem so far. Even a stroll down to Walking Street isn't exhausting. And when you need transport, the baht bus is right there and there's usually a few win motocy on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 12.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Revanchist said:

I can agree with the issues over location, but frankly the second time you walk to LK Metro it doesn't seem so far. Even a stroll down to Walking Street isn't exhausting. And when you need transport, the baht bus is right there and there's usually a few win motocy on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 12.

LK is definitely not in a bad spot at all, especially if you're more inclined to spend time on Beach Road, or Walking Street.  I tend to spend more time up on Buakhao/LK Metro, so nothing beats Areca's location.  I just wish Areca would refurb the place.  I'm going to try the new rooms at Areca for at least 4 days either way, but I've pretty much made up my mind to spend the bulk of the time (a month plus) in LK Empress.  I got a Beach Front room as I do like watching the sunsets.   

• Like 3

Stayed here recently. Lots of good points, but a quite a few maintenance issues. Room fixtures and fittings/sockets hanging off, jacuzzi tap hanging off, wooden panels that hide jacussi workings falling off and very dirty under there, noisy Aircon, door chain hanging off, I even got stuck outside my room one time as the entire door chain fitting got jammed in the door as the screws were loose. Sun loungers only latch in one position, broken parasols etc Could do with a refurb in general.

On the plus side, Staff were efficient, and it's handy for Walking Street and Pattaya Beer Garden. Bit of a walk to LK and Treetown. Oh and bed was very comfy

8 hours ago, howser said:

Stayed here recently. Lots of good points, but a quite a few maintenance issues. Room fixtures and fittings/sockets hanging off, jacuzzi tap hanging off, wooden panels that hide jacussi workings falling off and very dirty under there, noisy Aircon, door chain hanging off, I even got stuck outside my room one time as the entire door chain fitting got jammed in the door as the screws were loose. Sun loungers only latch in one position, broken parasols etc Could do with a refurb in general.

On the plus side, Staff were efficient, and it's handy for Walking Street and Pattaya Beer Garden. Bit of a walk to LK and Treetown. Oh and bed was very comfy

Thanks for this. You probably just put me off a return stay here. Shoddy maintenance, esp. electric fixtures, always makes me wonder about the wiring.

6 hours ago, Revanchist said:

Thanks for this. You probably just put me off a return stay here. Shoddy maintenance, esp. electric fixtures, always makes me wonder about the wiring.

I don't like being negative over small things, as I had no major issues there, the stay was fine, but there were so many minor cosmetic issues and general lack of maintenance about the place, I'd probably not stay again. My main reason would just be location for me, as I found myself usually heading for Treetown LK Metro etc rather than Walking Street, and theres newer, fresher hotel options closer to that area.

On 01/07/2022 at 04:41, howser said:

I had no such issues. Sure some thing could do with a touch up here and there, but any hotel in a hot/humid climate were air-con is running 24/7 inside will have issues with moisture. my room needed a repaint of the ceiling, but no fittings were falling apart

I got a really good rate, so probably will not be able to afford it next time.

Looking for something closer to LK/treetown, with a pool and decent clean rooms. 

1 hour ago, Jagaar said:

I had no such issues. Sure some thing could do with a touch up here and there, but any hotel in a hot/humid climate were air-con is running 24/7 inside will have issues with moisture. my room needed a repaint of the ceiling, but no fittings were falling apart

It's possible I just got a lemon, but can only give experience of my room, and I held back some issues lol.

7 minutes ago, howser said:

It's possible I just got a lemon, but can only give experience of my room, and I held back some issues lol.

True. Can only report what you see. 

19 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

Anybody have commentary on the quality/stability of the WiFi?

In my room and by the pool, WiFi seemed spot on, I didn't do a speed test, but no issues at all for general browsing. Infact it was good outside the hotel too sat on the exterior steps.

• Like 3

On 03/07/2022 at 07:45, PGSTC776 said:

Anybody have commentary on the quality/stability of the WiFi?

Didn't do a speed test. Only remember maybe one drop out that lasted about 5 minutes. I didn't try and stream anything though.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my second stay in this hotel 4 weeks ago for 2 weeks, yes it is dated and there are things that are not perfect but the staff were helpful, it is guest friendly, the breakfast is good for both Thai and western choices, it is in a very good location, wifi was good but I didn't use it a lot, the hotel would have only been at 30% occupancy so yet to see how it works in high season and I agree with the above comment that the air conditioner was noisy but I slept well every night. Would I return? I am just thinking about booking my December holiday now and I think I will be returning to The Empress, she has a hold on me.

• Like 2

Getting to expensive now for me. Even the intimate up the road 5 minute walk has gone up in price 

I just spent a week there In the jacuzzi beach view room 8th floor

My comments echo the above.

Great location

Comfortable

Good breakfast selection 

Most things worked but yes AC noisy even on low setting.

However I feel it's not great value as rooms and fittings are tired and badly worn. Walls looked grotty and needed a re paint.

20220806_093740.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2022 at 15:01, Sloracer said:

I just spent a week there In the jacuzzi beach view room 8th floor

My comments echo the above.

Great location

Comfortable

Good breakfast selection 

Most things worked but yes AC noisy even on low setting.

However I feel it's not great value as rooms and fittings are tired and badly worn. Walls looked grotty and needed a re paint.

20220806_093740.jpg

Think it's like most hotels in Pattaya. they are just not maintained/refurbished until they are so worn out, they almost gut them and start again. If it was me, I would refurbish during low season closing rooms/floors off

Posted this in my TR today.  Good info to have when staying at this hotel.  

"My Baht, My Good hotel Bed.  😀😀

Decided to talk with manager about feeling the edge metal and springs when on the bed.  No settling.  

Worked wonders.  They took action and within 20 minutes had a new bed or almost new.  

Learned something new about Thailand.  They have the old style bed that you can just turn the mattress over. Most U.S. seem to have pillow top mattress that are one side.  

They turned the mattress over and redid all bedding and it is very comfortable.  Like a new mattress.  Life is good.

The up side now has about 1 1/2 inches on top of springs.  The down side had almost zero."

20220821_094955.jpg

20220821_094946.jpg

20220821_095430.jpg

• Like 2

On 30/06/2022 at 21:11, howser said:

I stayed there for 10 days in early August in a beach front room. The LK Empress clearly shows signs of wear and tear and is ageing. It exactly looked the same like in 2015.

Everything worked and was fully functional. Cannot complain about the aircon. But the furniture looked very used, the towels were a bit grey and thin, the walls need fresh paint and the carpet in front of the bed was everything but not nice and clean. The balcony towards Beach Road is not that exciting - you get full sun and noise all day. After a couple of days I got tired of the room.

Reception and staff were polite, friendly and helpful. Breakfast always fine. Location is ideal for LK Metro as well as Walking Street. The pool is too small, but overall it is a hassle free place. I booked well in advance so prices were more than fair.

Now, would I return?

Not sure, I cannot think of anything better (especially in terms of location) but would like to have something less dated and more poshy.

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked the hotel for a week from 12th -19th. Primarily i like being close the beach. 

Hope it does not disappoint. The price on Agoda seems to vary very wildly. The room I booked jumped from 1600 Baht to 1900 Baht immediately after I booked.

Location is the deal closer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, master121t said:

I just booked the hotel for a week from 12th -19th. Primarily i like being close the beach. 

Hope it does not disappoint. The price on Agoda seems to vary very wildly. The room I booked jumped from 1600 Baht to 1900 Baht immediately after I booked.

Location is the deal closer. 

Been here at Lk the Empress for three weeks with five more weeks to go.  

Requested they update various items and all fixed with a smile on their faces and a happiness.  

Great service here.  Imho.

I believe you will not be disappointed at all...

😀😀