IGNORED

Flying with injectable medication

poseidon5566

I've sorted the temperature issue and have bought a Frio bag now its the issue of airport security I don't believe its a good idea to exposed medication to xrays unless I'm told differently by the manufacture. So how is all this business handled on the thai side, im not worried about the uk side as i will have this sorted here (I think). the medication is injected once weekly so i will not be able to inject my self as proof for security     

I'm Type 1 diabetic, so insulin-injection dependent.

The only place I have had issues was in Phuket. They checked with the airline (why, I don't know), but it only took a few minutes before I was cleared.

Based on my limited (and largely unrelated) experience, I would suggest:
 - letter from Dr. detailing your need for the injectable medication
- copy of your prescription 
 - notifying the airline prior to travel
 - allowing extra time for security, just in case

• 2 months later...

no issues here.

Anything shipped can also be exposed.  Scanners are not so much Xrays any more..so no concerns about exposure or altitude.

IYKYK

I regularly carry in stock of hypodermic syringes and of medication with stick-on pharmacist's prescription notes, and I have a copy of my doctor's prescription.

Never any problems

Thai Air have put my medication into plane refrigerator for the length of the flight.

I wrap it in a cloth in sponge bag to keep it cool while otherwise in transit.