IGNORED

Whats the strangest hotel you have stayed in?

Dr Winston and I went to Buriram and we needed to get a hotel with our ladies... on arrival to the hotel, we thought we had gone to the wrong place, eventually we were told by the owner, that these pieces of work, were our rooms. Designed by children at a local school. I was impressed with it, as Thais tend to copy rather than be original.

The Slug

IMG_5298__Medium___2_.jpg

IMG_5299__Medium___2_.jpg

IMG_5300__Medium___2_.jpg

The Shoe

IMG_5302__Medium___2_.jpg

The TV

IMG_5303__Medium___2_.jpg

The Tree Stump

IMG_5304__Medium___2_.jpg

They're pretty cool rooms !!!!

Just goes to show Thais CAN be inventive when they put their minds to it (but i bet they DID copy the idea from somewhere else)

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Fuck me - that snail hotel room's going to take some toppping!

What is that green square thing - looks like an oven? Speaking of which, was it hot in there or does the 'cement & more cement with no window' architecture keep it cool?

I stayed in some Cave hotels in Turkey which were pretty cool.

goreme%203.jpg

Fuck me - that snail hotel room's going to take some toppping!

What is that green square thing - looks like an oven? Speaking of which, was it hot in there or does the 'cement & more cement with no window' architecture keep it cool?

I stayed in some cave hotels in Turkey which were pretty cool.

goreme%203.jpg

The square thing was meant to be a TV.

I stayed in the shoe, so I cant comment on the slug!

Theres a hotel in Tree Houses near Sattahip right on the beach. Sizes vary from 2 persons to 8 persons.

Will get some pics next time I pass.

Is that the one near all them nasty ass karaokes?

Is that the one near all them nasty ass karaokes?

Thats the one but at 3000 a night its not got nasty ass customers - at least not until you and BigHairSlay get up there!!

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...
Thats the one but at 3000 a night its not got nasty ass customers -

At 3000 a night, I am suprised they have any customers.

That hotel was a real nice surprise. It's actually at Phra Khong Chai just outside of Burriram. The location is great for a visit to the nearby Khmer ruins at Prasaat Hin Phanom Rung and at 350 Baht a night it's a steal! It's called the "Rin Chon Hotel". it's a bit hard to find so I've attached a GPX file with the exact co-ordinates on it. Once you've unzipped the GPX file you can either drag it into Google Earth and it will zoom in to it's location or you can load it into a GPS unit via the computer software. RinChon.zip BTW, we had a great night in "The Slug" :)

Here's a few of my pictures of the Rin Chon hotel.

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

we had a great night in "The Slug" :)

I would just like to point out, the doctor is refering to with his lady, not with me :)

Room #309 at the P.72 Restaurant & Bar. The "room" was actually the fire escape area at the end of the hall that had been sectioned off with a sliding glass door, plus another sliding glass door inside sectioning off the bedroom. Curtains blocked off people's view into the room from the hallway.

Neither the bedroom sliding door nor fire escape sliding window would close all the way so you couldn't lock them - meaning anyone could have easy access to your room from the fire escape.

But the location was great; you're right across from the Lucifer Disco sign with a great view of Walking Street right below. Cost was only 650B.

-Smelly

P_72_bar.jpg

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Room #309 at the P.72 Restaurant & Bar. The "room" was actually the fire escape area at the end of the hall that had been sectioned off with a sliding glass door, plus another sliding glass door inside sectioning off the bedroom. Curtains blocked off people's view into the room from the hallway.

Neither the bedroom sliding door nor fire escape sliding window would close all the way so you couldn't lock them - meaning anyone could have easy access to your room from the fire escape.

But the location was great; you're right across from the Lucifer Disco sign with a great view of Walking Street right below. Cost was only 650B.

-Smelly

Looks like a nightmare.

• 1 month later...
That hotel was a real nice surprise. It's actually at Phra Khong Chai just outside of Burriram. The location is great for a visit to the nearby Khmer ruins at Prasaat Hin Phanom Rung and at 350 Baht a night it's a steal! It's called the "Rin Chon Hotel". it's a bit hard to find so I've attached a GPX file with the exact co-ordinates on it. Once you've unzipped the GPX file you can either drag it into Google Earth and it will zoom in to it's location or you can load it into a GPS unit via the computer software. RinChon.zip BTW, we had a great night in "The Slug" :D

Here's a few of my pictures of the Rin Chon Hotel.

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

Wow.

I never thought i'd see that shoe thing again.

I went there with me ex-wife to be. No one was on duty apart from some crazy guy in a booth selling booze and we eventually gave up and stayed somewhere else.

Wish we'd hung on for the owner now.

Wow.

I never thought i'd see that shoe thing again.

I went there with me ex-wife to be. No one was on duty apart from some crazy guy in a booth selling booze and we eventually gave up and stayed somewhere else.

Wish we'd hung on for the owner now.

That's interesting. When we turned up we spoke to a very pleasant, sober woman who even offered to cook us up a meal. I'm sure you would agree that it's a fascinating hotel. I think that it would be a lot more popular if it wasn't for the location, being slightly out of town and not visible from the main road etc.

That's interesting. When we turned up we spoke to a very pleasant, sober woman who even offered to cook us up a meal. I'm sure you would agree that it's a fascinating hotel. I think that it would be a lot more popular if it wasn't for the location, being slightly out of town and not visible from the main road etc.

Yeah.

I really liked the location. Nice and quiet with a lake to the side if i remember right.

But i can see it can't help business.

We only found the place because the driver new about it.

Thinking back now, I let the girlfriend talk to the thais and she was notorious for being sly.

It maybe the guy was fine and she just didnt' want to stay there... :(

• 2 months later...

The worst - Hot Springs hotel in Ranong.

Close to the hot springs in Ranong, approx. BHT 350,- per night, tiny room 2 x 3 m, NO windows, ceiling fan. Not recommended for people suffering from claustrophobia. Understandable I felt no need to take any pics at that time.

The classiest alternative - Four Seasons Tented Camp, Chiang Rai http://www.fourseasons.com/goldentriangle

I stayed there together with my GF for 3 nights in 2007.

Classy design, top location on the riverbanks and excellent service. A perfect place if you want a romantic stay and something different. I loved the copper bathtub (see pic from their web site). Not cheap, but it’s was worth every Baht I spent.

If you are visiting this place during winter time, I recommend to bring long trousers and a sweater as it can get quite cold during the nighttime.

Chaing Rai 20071108.jpg

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.