IGNORED

are you looking for a beautiful home near Kalasin ?

karandy

Do you mind sharing how you own the land?  I assume it's in your wife's name?

That's a fucking sweet house for less than $80K USD.  👍

Wishing you all the best Andy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png

Hi Andy.  Can not figure out how I have missed this thread, only just seen it today!

Really hope everything works out for you, Karen and Pai, personally I think you will be better staying here, all three of you.  Any move anywhere is always expensive and can be quite an upheave for everyone.  At least staying here you know you are going to be comfortable, especially with some paid help.

The pictures you posted when you were trying to sell the house are accurate, it is a beautiful place and it would have been such a wrench to leave all that behind.  Bet it would have been difficult to find anywhere similar in any other country.  Just hope that you can keep on top of any medical issues and be able to enjoy life for many years to come. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, udontony said:

Really hope everything works out for you, Karen and Pai, personally I think you will be better staying here, all three of you.  Any move anywhere is always expensive and can be quite an upheave for everyone.  At least staying here you know you are going to be comfortable .

one of the main considerations with the move was to release a huge amount of cash tied up in visa bank accounts .

a total of over 1.2 million baht !!! that can never be touched .

ATM looking further into this piggyback visa  -at least this could possibly release 400k .K - now has the email address of the agency that can provide the necessary info ready for her imminent return .

4 hours ago, karandy said:

we therefore have decided to remain here -but with some bought in help -to reduce my work load .

That's excellent news @karandy. You have a lovely home and yard, but from the stories you've previously told on here, keeping up with all the gardening and other aspects was getting a bit much for you. I'm glad to hear you've brought in more assistance. 

Also happy to hear K will be coming back soon. 

(Were you able to talk with "Bad Badger" on YouTube since he and his English wife are on a piggybacked visa?)

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Garzan said:

(Were you able to talk with "Bad Badger" on YouTube since he and his English wife are on a piggybacked visa?)

Yes sir i had a fair bit of correspondance with him ;

unfortunately he is in quite a different position to me which made things so much easier for him .

he was married in thailand and has all the thai paperwork that goes with it -obviously we dont so we are collecting info from england which is required to further our objectives ,

we need original marriage cert which we have now -also this needs to be endorsed and verified by authorities to say that it is a genuine paper and  not forged or copied ,

this is no longer done by local authorities who hold all the original documents but by an agency who charge handsomely for the supply and verification of these documents -then they have to be approved and a seal placed upon them as do thai documentation -it all takes time -but hopefully we are well on the way .

i thought we would need this all translated into thai  for verification -but Kalasin office say no need because they have people who can read and understand english !!!

we will see .they have been known to alter the goalposts before .

wish us luck .

3 hours ago, karandy said:

one of the main considerations with the move was to release a huge amount of cash tied up in visa bank accounts .

a total of over 1.2 million baht !!! that can never be touched .

ATM looking further into this piggyback visa  -at least this could possibly release 400k .K - now has the email address of the agency that can provide the necessary info ready for her imminent return .

My so called sister Sylvia came to Thailand and piggy backed her husbands visa for eleven years, they were married in the UK, so it could be done. this was a while ago now so things might have changed!  I used my visa money to finance my health treatment and since then I have relied on paying an agent in Udon, it has worked out brilliant so far, they even do the ninety days for me and post the receipt for this to me.  In the past, the married extension to my visa was a pain in the neck to do every year, this way is so much easier but does cost a bit more.

• Like 4

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

Only just seen this and sorry to hear how things are. I used to thoroughly enjoy your previous post on your daily life especially all the projects you took on with the building and land. 
Wishing you well going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Damn, I remember you digging out that pool by hand, with a hammer and chisel, I had to hide behind the sofa whilst reading your remarkable journey. The toil you expended on your home and land was scarcely believable, but you did it! If anyone deserves good fortune and some good health it is you, I hope you are blessed with both!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Morning Guys ;

just a quick update re the house sale ----

firstly thanks for your interest in my home ,weather you are interested in buying or just browsing ,

i have had 2 serious lookers now but one in particular may pay dividends ,

it came totally by chance --i was out by the gate around a week ago and a pick up stopped and opened the windows to talk to me --the guy driving introduced himself to me -and also his wife and toddler in the seats behind .

he said he had lived in the area -10kms away for nearly 8 years and was visiting the wifes family today -he just wanted to stop and say hello -first time he had seen me out to speak to .

after a brief chat i asked him to spread the word to any mates he had regarding my house sale .

he was shocked and said he had watched my house evolve over the years and that he admired what i had achieved .

he said he had always drooled over it -he is renting in town ,

an appointment was made to view the house on tuesday last ---unfortunately he PMd me saying he had an abcess on a rear tooth and could hardly speak-so he has delayed the appointment --im waiting for a re booking -dont know if it was a ruse or not -we will have to see-but he was making the right noises -and his -her family is very close .

as promised the maintainance goes on -----the front and side fences have all been replaced already ,and in 3-4 days all the fencing to the rear will also have been renewed -depending on weather   .,   trees are being pruned formatively ,with many now coming into full bloom and looking quite magnificent -

please spread the word guys 

thankx  for taking time to read ,

20220609_174605.jpg

1 hour ago, karandy said:

after a brief chat i asked him to spread the word to any mates he had regarding my house sale .

he was shocked and said he had watched my house evolve over the years and that he admired what i had achieved .

he said he had always drooled over it -he is renting in town

As always, you do have a wonderful home with beautiful surrounding gardens. I greatly admire all that you achieved with your projects. If our building project ends up only being half as beautiful as yours, I'll be quite happy. 

Geez Andy!

Only just found the thread. As you have a well earned spot in the top tier of 'genuinely good guys' on PA, I first wish you good health.

No, nothing here ever follows a straight path to resolution. We accept that as part of experiencing Amazing Thailand.

I'll hold a good thought for you and your 2 ... and keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers

Edited by AngelCty2Nit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

Good morning Gents ;

another brief update re our house ,

the Belgium gentleman who is very keen has come through with an offer ,

he has calculated his savings from various sources and with a loan from a private company he has come up with an offer of one million baht ,that is his max -

i think you can anticipate my answer -i wished him well and good luck in finding somewhere for both him and his family .

he said he will build on family land -- his wifes mothers which he has got to buy -its in a rice field some half a kilometer past our village in the middle of no where .-He says it will need 250 to 300 lorries of soil to level up first .then he thinks he will be able to build a 3 bedroom double story house for around 500 k !!! good luck sir 

labour prices are a lot stronger right now due to a lack of able willing bodied guys -used to be around 250 per day -but now in personal experience of needing help these prices have doubled to around 500bt per day for the more skilled workers ,general dogs bodies are still asking 3-400

someone in Pais village has just has a small 3 bed built -the rooms are 3mts x3 mts for the bedrooms stairs so narrow only one can go up or down at once -outside kitchen was extra so was outside pathways and aircon extra too 

this was 2.2 mill  finished -to a reasonable standard --land size 20 talang wah !!!-not  a single piece of garden -

the ironic thing is its built on pais land --it was loaned to a friend to use many years ago by her mum as they had fallen on bad times --lost their house gambling dice .

so technically the house is Pais as she has the chanote for the entire plot, the falang who built it didnt know until after the house was built -he thought it belonged to the mother in law ,

the other interested gent will have a shock when he returns to Thailand  -he has sent money for a deposit on our place if it is what he wants when he has viewed upon his return in 2 months time .

in her wisdom his wife partner -girlfriend has used this money to buy a plot of land -again in Pais village -2 doors up from Pai --36 talang wah -she wants to be very close to her family only a few doors further up --the falang wanted a big garden with trees and loved the idea of  a pool .the plot is on the main cross roads in the village and has 2 concrete electric posts on its boundary .

doesnt sound good to me -i hope they do not have to many problems when he sees what he-they have bought -the land has already been cleared and filled .!!!

the moral of my story is dont count your chickens before they hatch .

i continue daily to renew the fencing all the way around the property and carry out any minor updates -repairs or touch ups 

thanx guys for reading 

please spread the word ,

Andy

DSCN0046.JPG

Thank you for your good wishes sir ,

the effort of soaking does seem to have helped significantly.

-only one of the last round of replacements has had to be replaced again this year --i have sussed the main reason they eat into the wood -they get in between the bark and the main stem and make their tunnels protected by the bark-this time i have gone to the trouble of skinning all the posts along with soaking so i hope that they will last even longer !

10 hours ago, karandy said:

labour prices are a lot stronger right now due to a lack of able willing bodied guys -used to be around 250 per day -but now in personal experience of needing help these prices have doubled to around 500bt per day for the more skilled workers ,general dogs bodies are still asking 3-400

Just during the time we've been working on our build, metal costs have gone up noticeably--rebar, structural beams, etc. 

Yes, good luck to him on his project. Now having some first-hand knowledge of my own on getting things built in Thailand, my opinion is that he'd have been miles ahead buying your property instead. But, some folks won't believe someone telling them the stove burner is hot, they have to touch it themselves (involvement in a building construction project up in the village.) 

14 hours ago, Garzan said:

Just during the time we've been working on our build, metal costs have gone up noticeably--rebar, structural beams, etc. 

Yes, good luck to him on his project. Now having some first-hand knowledge of my own on getting things built in Thailand, my opinion is that he'd have been miles ahead buying your property instead. But, some folks won't believe someone telling them the stove burner is hot, they have to touch it themselves (involvement in a building construction project up in the village.) 

Thanx for your comments and observations -

the voice of common sense and reasoning yet again sir .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon guys ;

just to keep you all updated on things ,

Pai has started to feel a fair bit stronger this last week or so and is starting to smile again .

i have spent many hours this last week building a new wall at her home to make her property more secure ,unfortunately a dog next door started jumping the existing fence so i have now constructed a solid wall along the boundary where he was getting in -28.5 mts long and 1.8 mts tall .he savaged one of her cats which obviously didnt help in her current situation ,i feel for the lass -she is an angel ,i hope she doesnt have to suffer as her illness progresses .

sorry i digress.

the fencing all the way around my  property is now complete and looks good ,

mowing has now begun and after the first cut all over the lawns are looking magnificent .very surprising after they were just red ground only a month ago .

the ornamental flowering  trees have looked an absolute picture too this season ,i will post pictures when i fathom out how to do ---last postings were on camera and easy to post via dongle -but camera is kaput so have to fathom out how to install from-telephone .

had a new interest from someone who has visited and loved the place -but he was honest with me and said that it was to big for him + 1 -he was an elder gentleman and didnt think he could cope with the up keep ,so the search continues ,

the original gent has messaged me and wants to bring his family -11 in total --he says he doesnt want to buy as he doesnt have enough money but he wants to show the family what he is striving to build and take photos to show what he wants -i said i was busy ATM and would contact him -he may be waiting a while !

the gardens in general are looking really quite special after a long drought during songkran -mother nature is wonderful and displaying herself beautifully pics will follow hopefully 

thank you for taking time to read -please spread the word --

regards to all -Andy