Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Warning about Pattaya Beer Garden

Hi Pattaya Pete,

I just read your reply to my posting and I have to say that I am impressed of how you are dealing with the situation. I have sent you an e-mail regarding the refund.

The reply from the owner of Pattaya Beer Bar shows me that this place is actually what I thought it was when I first started to visit the place. A safe place away from all the other crazy life in and around walking street. A place where you can go and relax and enjoy a some cold beers or some nice food. A place where you will be treated like a customer. I understand that my bad experience is not something that happens every day and the way Pattaya Pete handles the issue makes me feel that I am being treated like a customer should be treated.

I am looking forward to visit Pattaya Beer Garden again and I have also learned a lesson on how I should handle such situations in the future. Calling on the manager will be my first step when issues like this occours in the future.

Thanks again Pete!

Kalle

Great respond Kalle. I'm happy that things sorted out now between Pete and yourself and that you like to go back to the beergarden again. I hope to have a few drinks with you when ever we're both in town.

Cheers,

Adrie.

Slightly off topic but where exactly is PBG? seen it mentioned on the board several times but can't find it and it looks and sounds like a nice relaxing place to eat and chill.

For Pattayapete I checked your web site but it doesn't appear to have a "location" tab or address anywhere on it (or maybe I missed it)

Edit: ignore all of the above it is in the contact us bit.....sorry

Edited by slacko

Slightly off topic but where exactly is PBG? seen it mentioned on the board several times but can't find it and it looks and sounds like a nice relaxing place to eat and chill.

For Pattayapete I checked your web site but it doesn't appear to have a "location" tab or address anywhere on it (or maybe I missed it)

Edit: ignore all of the above it is in the contact us bit.....sorry

Cant miss it just before you enter Walking Street coming from beach road on your right hand side .Somebody outside with a sign PBG

• 3 weeks later...

Just ran into this thread and I was quite shocked to hear the kind of things that happened at PBG. Every time I go to Patts, I'm at BeerGarden almost every day (so maybe I've been there like 10 times now in the last one year). And not ONCE, did I ever face any issues (perhaps a bit slow service some times ... but I actually like that as part of a relaxed atmosphere where the staff does not want to rush us out or pressure us for more drinks). Hence, this thread disturbed me since PBG is sort of my resting place and my meditation spot after all the sensory overload of the various soi's and WS.

The beer is always chilled and me and my tilak (for the day) usually find it a very serene and quiet place to enjoy the drinks. As a vegetarian, other than drinks I don't order food there for myself, but the companion ladies usually are quite satisfied with whatever they order. Glad to see that the owner is still active on this board and making the right amends. This will still remain one of my favorite spots in patts.

Only gripe I have is ... the "single ladies welcome" message does not seem to have gotten out to the single ladies yet. I have yet to see freelancers hanging around there (which was the original purpose of this place, I believe). Perhaps the FLs feel they would be pressured into buying a beer or something while they wait for a falang. Just about everyone there arrives with a tilak or as a group of guys or in my case ... some times solo looking for a quiet place or hoping to hook up with freelancers (if any) without being hassled.

On my last trip to patts in oct/nov '08 I went to PBG almost every day for some beers and drinks....had no probs.

with either male or female staff.

It is a great place to just chill out after a hard night of partying, and to get ready for a new night of partying :P and very soon I'm back in patts again ready for some more fun filled days.

PK.... :Agree1:

• 4 weeks later...

I spent many hours at Pattaya Beer Garden last August and will be spending more hours this August, never had a problem great food and drinks and good price. Su the waitress was great welcoming us every visit if she was on duty and even remembered our names. Hope she is still working there but after a year probably not.

su_1.jpg

After reading mostly positve experiences at this place as well as the owner's stand up reply, I will say that I plan to check this place out when I visit at the end of the month.

One thing I suggest for Pete is to post the location on the front page of the website. I also didn't find the location until I saw a previous post. I just assumed the "contact us" link was a way to email or call the establishment. It also did not show up on a google earth search so perhaps you guys could take a picture of the place and post it to google to make it a little easier for potential customers to find.

It looks like a great place to "get away" and I look forward to visiting!

I spent many hours at Pattaya Beer Garden last August and will be spending more hours this August, never had a problem great food and drinks and good price. Su the waitress was great welcoming us every visit if she was on duty and even remembered our names. Hope she is still working there but after a year probably not.

su_1.jpg

She is still there.

I have been following this thread and the manner in which Pete has handled this incident and his policies are exactly the type of place that I want to spend my hard earned money at.

I will most definitely be eating and drinking at the PBG. Keep up the professional service Pete. Well Done.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally love the Pattaya Beer Garden. I think I must go eat there at night once or twice a week. The view at sunset is by far the most stunning from the tables overlooking the bay. When you are sitting with your special someone while the wind gently blows making her hair gracefully cascade across her beautiful face is truly something to be remembered.

I particularly am fond of a little server there named Meow. She remembers me and she is very discrete. She appreciates any tip and she is very attentive to out every need from drinks to food. She even brings to me a cool rag if I am hot. She does this without me even asking. I must admit I am a bit spoiled with Meow and the rest of the staff at Pattaya Beer Garden.

Sorry if I sound a bit biased. I know we all have unfortunate incidences with various places at one time or another. This is not a reason to boycott these guys for the incompetence one or two servers. I imagine if you approach management or the owner they will make retribution for the actions of the wayward staff.

i wouldnt even leave the money on the table in the uk (anyone could spot it and swipe it)! if the waiter has come over and left without the payment i would have taken it over to the cashier myself .. although not being able to pay and leave a restraunt quickly when i want is one of my big annoyances and would have made a point of having to sort out payment myself (minus tip) , this really embarrases them in posher restraunts having the customers walk over to the till with their bills.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

...After a while the male waiter that had taken our food order came and took up the money and counted them. He remarked that we had put in 20 baht for tip, smiled and put the money back in the bin. Then he left. I was wondering why he had taken up the money and then just put it back again and left the bin on the table as it was clearly ready for beeing taken to the cashier. But I should soon learn the reason for it.

I assumed that everything was in order and me and my girlfriend was walking towards the exit of Pattaya Beer Garden. On our way out one of the waitresses came running after us and claimed that there was only 20 baht in the bin.

I normally wait until the waiter has taken up both the bill and the money, acknowledged in some way that there is enough money, walked off to the cashier and come back with my change. I then decide whether or not to leave tip.

By walking off and leaving the money in the bin....well anyone including another waiter (other than the one you dealt with) or even another customer could have tampered with the bin. You didn't see that male waiter take up the 500 baht did ya? So how do you know it was him?

Rogue employees can be found in any establishment all over the world and these things will happen from time to time over the years.

Pete

What a great response

It seams that you have turned a very negaitive comment into one that will drive your buisness

Lets hope that you follow this up and deliver what you say.

It will make you one of the top spots, will def come and visit this december when im out

Good luck and with a buiness attitude like that your onto a winner

“The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single stepâ€

Pattaya is that first step

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-cartoons/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-cartoons/skins/5.jpg&text=Pattaya%20here%20i%20come%20%0DLadys%20beware&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2009&month=11&day=4&hour=10&minute=48&second=54&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

Its always better to try to fix a problem the moment it happens rather than reporting it later. A manager or someone had to be on duty to help you out. To me, its a beer garden, I order simple easy to make fast food and beer. Why order chicken? Get pizza or a hamburger, you in Pattaya to bang girls not to eat.

thats a silly comment,if its on the menue they are entitled to order,also i would prefer a thai to cook me chicken rather than a burger.imo

If the problem is not sorted out and I'm not in the bar then email me the details or post it on any of the major Pattaya boards. My email is [email protected]. If you choose to post it on a board it is almost guaranteed to be brought to my attention. I will then make arrangements to refund double what you spent.

This may just open the floodgates..... :)

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, The Pattaya beer garden is one of the best establishments in Pattaya and I have been there and will be back on my next trip. Pattaya Pete is a great host and the FLB has not been the same since he move on.

This post shows how well he has turned a negative into a positive, keep up the great work Pete

Hey guys, where is the Pattaya beer garden. I know it is on Walking Street, but where?

Never trust anything that can bleed for 5-7 days and still live!!

Life is not the amount of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/28.jpg&text=Until%20I%20am%20balls%20deep%20in%20some%20Thai%20pussy%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=0&day=28&hour=19&minute=15&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

Its always better to try to fix a problem the moment it happens rather than reporting it later. A manager or someone had to be on duty to help you out. To me, its a beer garden, I order simple easy to make fast food and beer. Why order chicken? Get pizza or a hamburger, you in Pattaya to bang girls not to eat.

No disrespect intended here but why the hell should he not order chicken? It's on the menu for a reason right? Are we at the stage now where we as consumers have to not order certain foods because it is too difficult for the place to get it right?

I love the beer garden and eat and drink there regularly. However the service is slow and the staff do not keep a watchful eye on the customers so it is difficult to get them to "fix a problem" or to even order another drink. It all comes back to management not enforcing basic rules of business. Staff are there to provide service to the paying customer and to do this they need to be available at all times to help the customers.

This is an ongoing problem at the beer garden and needs to be addressed if the business wants to survive and prosper.

Simple solution is to train your staff properly and have a manager walking around ensuring all customers are being looked after and are happy.

Very sad to see another post like this but criticism can give the management the opportunity to improve their business.

Will they finally wake up and fix this problem or continue to bury their heads in the sand?

Rant over.

Its actually just before Walking Street on the right hand side, there is usually someone holding a sign right beside the beer bar complex right at the end of beach road.

This is my favourite chill out place early evening, great food and staff resonable prices.

One guys problem won`t put me off this place and the owner has said he will out that right!

No disrespect intended here but why the hell should he not order chicken? It's on the menu for a reason right? Are we at the stage now where we as consumers have to not order certain foods because it is too difficult for the place to get it right?

I love the beer garden and eat and drink there regularly. However the service is slow and the staff do not keep a watchful eye on the customers so it is difficult to get them to "fix a problem" or to even order another drink. It all comes back to management not enforcing basic rules of business. Staff are there to provide service to the paying customer and to do this they need to be available at all times to help the customers.

This is an ongoing problem at the beer garden and needs to be addressed if the business wants to survive and prosper.

Simple solution is to train your staff properly and have a manager walking around ensuring all customers are being looked after and are happy.

Very sad to see another post like this but criticism can give the management the opportunity to improve their business.

Will they finally wake up and fix this problem or continue to bury their heads in the sand?

Rant over.

i have been here only 2 times so i have not had too much experience here. for me, i think the place is great for the view, but, like you, i also found the service to be very slow snd the thai dishes that i ordered were not that great.

i will return, but only for drinks and the view.

i wouldnt even leave the money on the table in the uk (anyone could spot it and swipe it)! if the waiter has come over and left without the payment i would have taken it over to the cashier myself .. although not being able to pay and leave a restraunt quickly when i want is one of my big annoyances and would have made a point of having to sort out payment myself (minus tip) , this really embarrases them in posher restraunts having the customers walk over to the till with their bills.

One solution is to do what I do. Ask for the check bin and pay up before you finish your meal. The server typically comes over to check on you while your dining anyway, so that's a prime time to ask for the check and then pay up.

That way when you're done eating, there's no reason to wait around. Just chow down and go.

1/

just a quick one for everyone and that is watch the real hustle on tv in uk

and they actually show you how this con is done

the waiter comes to check your bill and the money and then swift of hand

pockets the big notes and puts the small change back in

so to everyone that is in a bar/club/go go if anyone checks you bin /bill

make sure you check it straight away in there presence

this will then stop situations like this happening

2/

i always use pbg when in pattaya and never had any problems and the food and staff

excellent as far as im concerned i will continue to do so

and the way this situation has been handled by the manager

just goes to show that there are still people who care about their customers

so now we have two falang owners that care about their customers

1/ pbg

2/ nld1

well done guys :P

maybe we can get a topic up with

astablishments you can trust

and those you cannot trust

with comment from customers

we will soon see the ones that dont go down the tubes