IGNORED

Warning about Pattaya Beer Garden

Give the guy a break...................................lol.

Picking up a little spelling mistake, you guys are just cruel!!!

Good job mate. Hope you enjoyed your holiday and sorry you had to come back to this sort of thing.

It sounds like the place is doing very well and rightly so.

I'm looking forward to the day i can pop in for a meal.

Keep up the excellent work and glad you are back to sort this crap out. It was getting a bit out of hand!!

All the best mate and hope it's not another 8 years to your next trip.........................lol.

After reading Kalle's post I have decided to add a new clause to the customer service regime in the beer garden and that is as follows . . . if you bring a problem to the attention of the duty manager and they do not fix it to your complete satisfaction then I personally will refund double what you spent when the problem occurred. I'll be explaining this to the duty managers tonight.

Kalle, I realize you did not ask to speak with the manager but I am happy to refund you 1,000 baht for your troubles. If you are still in Pattaya, PM me with a good time for you and I'll meet you at the bar with your refund. If you have left Pattaya I can either send it to you via Paypal if you have a Paypal account or bring a copy of this post with you next time you are in Pattaya and I'll sort you out.

Don't you just love this guy? This is a man that truly understands the words customer satisfaction! A rare specimen in Pats, alas. Keep him in business!

Well done, Pete! Hope to catch up soon. All the best with PBG.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Great response Pete and I will definately give PBG another try on my next trip!

This is the customer service that makes PBG a place to keep coming back for many years!

My regards!

Well Done Pete.

It's really nice to see that you are taking positive steps to eliminate this sort of problem, and to ensure that the customers don't get ripped off. Many owners would just say : "Well, it's too late to do anything about it now... you should have seen the duty manager". identifying the waiter in question may be difficult... but if he's done it once, he'll try it again... of course he may have already left...

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

have never been to pattaya beer garden ,but after petes response to this problem am definately going to make a point of visiting in april ,

@farang1, read carefully: I also wrote: 'sometimes shit can happen'. It's not the first time you do selective reading (Atlantic bar).

But the shit was deliberate, not merely an error. Worse yet, there was no manager around to take the complaint. This shows poor management. Having said all this, I took a couple of dates to PBG and thoroughly enjoyed the place. Eating by sea was great, and the girls also liked it.

I love the place and Pete is a great manager, as he has aptly demonstrated. The bar and the view is excellent.

Most evenings it is the starting place for whatever I happen to be up to for the night. I love the burgers. It's hard to find a place OS that puts an egg on them... as nature intended :D

I look forward to having a beer with him again in October.

Edited by Temujin

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Top notch Pete. I'm happy that you took the bull to its horns and sorted this out so quickly. Good for you mate. I'll meet you in September hopefully to shake your hand and drink some beers with you. Hopefully the people with bad experiences will give your place another chance now as it is clearly a great place to hang out and enjoy the view.

Cheers,

Adrie.

Given Pete's response, I will continue with my original plan to take my first date to the PBG the day I arrive.

Given Pete's response, I will continue with my original plan to take my first date to the PBG the day I arrive.

What do you plan to eat and will you be having a starter ?

thats a nice reply from pattaya pete,its nice to see a reaction.it makes me reconider my earlier post,and the wisdom of it,as i had one reply back about it which was well written.

i have to say though,generally in life not just pattaya,the paying customer,often gets the sticky end and you dont get the chance to do anything about it,thats why i suggested a boycott,this story has a happy ending.

once again its good to be a member on a site which has been able to bring this problem to light,and get something done about it.

Been to Beer Garden many times-never cause for complaint and well looked after by the lovely Nok and staff-I amcertain this was an isolated incident-no compensation to you at the time of course.I have read Pete,s reply and he,s a genuine bloke-better luck next time and see you all in beergarden early May. :Whistle:

After reading Pete's response I'm seriously impressed. Thats a man with some business savy. Not only will taking care of a problem fix THAT problem, but doing it in the open makes potential customers comfortable with going to the Pattaya Beer Garden and spending money.

You've proven yourself sir, I look forward to encouraging my group of 10 to stop in PBG and have a great time.

Edited by Badger77

What a great reply from Pete . Have been 2 PBG many times & will continue 2 go there. Arriving next week see you then.

Swankston

Well addressed Pete, no one can fault your generosity.

Pattaya... hell the world needs more bussnissmen like you Pete. I have spent many

great afternoons and evenings at PBG. The staff have always treated me quite well.

The food is top notch. And the Tiger draft is as cold as you will ever get anywhere.

Damm! I need to get back. Thanks Pete!

Pete, Spot on with the reply.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

• 2 weeks later...

Pete, you really know how to turn a minus into a plus.

Great response.

What do you plan to eat and will you be having a starter ? :GoldenSmile1:

Hi Pattaya Pete,

I just read your reply to my posting and I have to say that I am impressed of how you are dealing with the situation. I have sent you an e-mail regarding the refund.

The reply from the owner of Pattaya Beer Bar shows me that this place is actually what I thought it was when I first started to visit the place. A safe place away from all the other crazy life in and around Walking Street. A place where you can go and relax and enjoy a some cold beers or some nice food. A place where you will be treated like a customer. I understand that my bad experience is not something that happens every day and the way Pattaya Pete handles the issue makes me feel that I am being treated like a customer should be treated.

I am looking forward to visit Pattaya Beer Garden again and I have also learned a lesson on how I should handle such situations in the future. Calling on the manager will be my first step when issues like this occours in the future.

Thanks again Pete!

Kalle

OK, I'm not going to wade through 7 pages of this. Here are my impressions:

Unless otherwise proven, the OP has no reason to accuse the waiter. It is very possible that somebody else, especially another customer, took the money. The place supposedly seeks to attract freelancing girls; 500 baht to them is two hours on her back with some farang plugging her she doesn't have to endure if she just lightens the amount paid by 500 baht.

NEVER walk out of ANY establishment leaving money in the bill cup! You are ASKING to get ripped off. If you are leaving and don't want the change, carry the cup to the cashier or hand it to waitstaff on the way out. A ripoff can happen anywhere, but if you turn your back on your money you're asking for one.

Cudos to Pete (who I have never met BTW) for not attempting to walk away from this event. I know how difficult it can be to respond to these things by remote control. Farang-style customer service is why westerners frequent farang-owned businesses. Or should anyway. Best wishes for continued success.

Edited by Bruce Mangosteen

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.