Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Warning about Pattaya Beer Garden

@farang1, many possible reasons, e.g.:

- he didn't see the post

- maybe he contacted OP in PM

- maybe he doesn't care (enough)

You really want to know, send him a PM.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

I can see a fellow Thai not wanting to lose face or having the "guilty" waiter lose face by running to get a manager to help the farang.

Suppose, just suppose, that the farang was wrong or caused a scene and ultimately became wrong, then the staff that went to get the manager could lose face with the "guilty" waiter, friends and co-workers.

There are plenty of ways of preventing losing face, its probably automatic for most Thais, but we have to think ahead. Sometimes I think the face issue is worried about too much. Making a mamasam/manager loose face in front of there staff is a big no no, however making a bottom end worker loose face isn't as nearly as bad. If they stole or acted badly, they deserve to loose face.

If the PBG owner is a member of this forum, then why hasn't he addressed the complaint yet?

I think he is away and he doesn't read the forum much, he mostly comes by to post updates. He hasn't responded to previous PM's from me, so i assume that he doesn't read his pm's otherwise I would have informed him of this thread.

Its always better to try to fix a problem the moment it happens rather than reporting it later. A manager or someone had to be on duty to help you out. To me, its a beer garden, I order simple easy to make fast food and beer. Why order chicken? Get pizza or a hamburger, you in Pattaya to bang girls not to eat.

I did try to fix the problem and waited for a long time for the manager to come but she never did.

To answer your question about ordering chicken, I am diabetic and burgers and pizzas have way too many carbs in it so I try and avoid that type of food. The PBG has a wide selection of food so why just stick to junk fat food when you can eat healthier?

As for my comments about stating that I would never go back to PBG; After reading the posts here I realize that I jumped the gun sort of speak and will give the place another try on my next trip. I understand the culture in Thailand and one bad apple doesn't make the whole bunch bad. My apoligies if I offended anyone with my comments. I was just expressing my experience there but I know now to overlook little things like that and just move on and enjoy life.

Pete, owner of the Beer Garden, is PattayaPete on another well-known board. You'll find him there, no pompem.

He is also on here as PattayaPete

It's really bad such things happen, I guess you just can't leave your business alone in Patts (if you can anywhere in the world). Personally I visited this place maybe 10 times last year and most of the times had some thai food too. Must say it was really good, but of course I would get mad too if a waiter took some money from me. :D

Thanks for warning.

I know this many time too. When the owner is not in the house the staff is very lazy. One time i came to a resort that i know and there was only one staffgirl. When i ask about room, she said its full. After 2 days the owner came back and ask me "Why you not stay in may resort?" i said because your staff said its full. He told me that it was never full. Some days later the stafflady was dismissed.

I can tell many many storys about this. When i go some place then at first i check the staff, if they work not lazy then everything o.k. When they lazy then i very carefully about everything.

It's a pity that such a bad apple gives a good place as PBG a bad taste. I think it's not fair to judge a good place on a few bad experiences, though the minority are good experiences. However a bad event can start to make a place or establishment make a worse place to hang out.

I thank the OP for the warning, because it's better to warn other people to pay attention to this issue then be angry to the PBG, don't give a f... and let other members feel the same problems of this place. I just sent PattayaPete a pm to warn him about the bad apples in his place as I think it's the only thing that we can do to warn him about it. If he will read this pm? I don't know, but it gives me the idea I did my part of warning him.

Regards,

Adrie.

Hey! Don't stay away from PBG! An ex of mine is working there as staff and needs your tips guys! :D

Apart from that, I've always been treated very well at PBG. Good food and drinks, reasonably priced, Wifi, newspapers, many freelancers. I've whiled away many pleasant hours there. Will surely visit again.

Of course mistakes can be made, and sometimes shit can happen. But don't let one bad thing spoil the good things.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Well said bro! An owner can't be at his work 7 days a week all year long. Give the guy a fair chance to sort out the bad influences and you'll see that the old standard of service will be there without a doubt. Once Pete will return he will take proper action to win back what was lost during his absence.

Adrie.

Hey! Don't stay away from PBG! An ex of mine is working there as staff and needs your tips guys! :D

Apart from that, I've always been treated very well at PBG. Good food and drinks, reasonably priced, Wifi, newspapers, many freelancers. I've whiled away many pleasant hours there. Will surely visit again.

Of course mistakes can be made, and sometimes shit can happen. But don't let one bad thing spoil the good things.

If this was simply a mistake, it would be one thing. However, this was outright theft, something else altogether.

@farang1, read carefully: I also wrote: 'sometimes shit can happen'. It's not the first time you do selective reading (Atlantic bar).

So Randy, which one is your ex. I spent allot of time there in Feb.

@dtyolmn, sorry, don't have her permission to give her name. But she's cute :D .

i will not go in the beer garden now,its the only way to show them the result of there actions,if everybody does the same,they will close down,good riddance to them.the boss might be away at the moment,but who ever is left in charge should have looked after you.

i will not go in the beer garden now,its the only way to show them the result of there actions,if everybody does the same,they will close down,good riddance to them.the boss might be away at the moment,but who ever is left in charge should have looked after you.

This is a very hard conclusion for someone who works very hard to make a living and is a genuine good person. Do you actually know the owner that you make such a remark after one shite thing that happened behind his back? If you would have a business and something like this happened behind your back, wouldn't you too have the chance getting things right?

Adrie.

Hi Guys

I just got back from a lovely holiday in NZ. First time home in eight years. A nice place to visit but glad to be back. Flew in last night at 1 am and proceeded to check the boards and found this post. That's why I have not replied till now.

The first thing I must say is that the behavior described by the OP is totally unacceptable to me and if I can find who the culprit was they will be fired immediately. Many things annoy me but dishonesty is something I can't stand and all the staff knows that too.

The story as outlined by the OP does not give me enough info to identify the male waiter. Kalle did you note his name or can you tell me which section you were seated at. I've been in this morning but none of the staff knew of the incident. I'll be checking with the night staff tonight.

Sadly incidents like this are unavoidable in Thailand however you do not have to put up with it at the Beer Garden. There is always a duty manager working at the Beer Garden and they have strict instructions on how to deal with customer complaints. Our policy is so simple that everyone understands it. It is simply that the customer is always right. No ifs, no buts and no arguing. The duty managers know this policy well as I remind them all the time. They have just two options if a customer complains about something and that is to either put it right to the customer’s satisfaction or to refund any monies paid.

After reading Kalle's post I have decided to add a new clause to the customer service regime in the beer garden and that is as follows . . . if you bring a problem to the attention of the duty manager and they do not fix it to your complete satisfaction then I personally will refund double what you spent when the problem occurred. I'll be explaining this to the duty managers tonight.

We do around 10,000 meals a month and handle about 25,000 check bins each month. On the whole I am happy with the level of service and the few complaints we receive seem to be handled well by the managers. However with the amount of transactions and food involved I know we will get it wrong sometimes. While I strive to reduce the number of occasions it does go wrong I know this can not be reduced to zero. However the important thing to me is that if it does go wrong the complaint is handled well and the issue resolved to the customers satisfaction.

So I'd ask anyone having a problem at the Beer Garden to demand to speak with the duty manager. They all wear name badges which identify them as managers. If the problem is not sorted out and I'm not in the bar then email me the details or post it on any of the major Pattaya boards. My email is [email protected]. If you choose to post it on a board it is almost guaranteed to be brought to my attention. I will then make arrangements to refund double what you spent.

Kalle, I realize you did not ask to speak with the manager but I am happy to refund you 1,000 baht for your troubles. If you are still in Pattaya, PM me with a good time for you and I'll meet you at the bar with your refund. If you have left Pattaya I can either send it to you via Paypal if you have a Paypal account or bring a copy of this post with you next time you are in Pattaya and I'll sort you out.

Our guarantee to customers is printed at the back of every menu. I have just updated it with the new double refund policy. A copy is attached. Below.

Remember that good service can not be guaranteed 100% of the time in Pattaya but with the Pattaya Beer garden you can always do something about it if things go wrong. I appreciate people bringing problems to my attention so I CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT TOO.

Pete

Menu_guarantee.jpg

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Hi Guys

I just got back from a lovely holiday in NZ. First time home in eight years. A nice place to visit but glad to be back. Flew in last night at 1 am and proceeded to check the boards and found this post. That's why I have not replied till now.

The first thing I must say is that the behavior described by the OP is totally unacceptable to me and if I can find who the culprit was they will be fired immediately. Many things annoy me but dishonesty is something I can't stand and all the staff knows that too.

The story as outlined by the OP does not give me enough info to identify the male waiter. Kalle did you note his name or can you tell me which section you were seated at. I've been in this morning but none of the staff knew of the incident. I'll be checking with the night staff tonight.

Sadly incidents like this are unavoidable in Thailand however you do not have to put up with it at the Beer Garden. There is always a duty manager working at the Beer Garden and they have strict instructions on how to deal with customer complaints. Our policy is so simple that everyone understands it. It is simply that the customer is always right. No ifs, no buts and no arguing. The duty managers know this policy well as I remind them all the time. They have just two options if a customer complains about something and that is to either put it right to the customer’s satisfaction or to refund any monies paid.

After reading Kalle's post I have decided to add a new clause to the customer service regime in the beer garden and that is as follows . . . if you bring a problem to the attention of the duty manager and they do not fix it to your complete satisfaction then I personally will refund double what you spent when the problem occurred. I'll be explaining this to the duty managers tonight.

We do around 10,000 meals a month and handle about 25,000 check bins each month. On the whole I am happy with the level of service and the few complaints we receive seem to be handled well by the managers. However with the amount of transactions and food involved I know we will get it wrong sometimes. While I strive to reduce the number of occasions it does go wrong I know this can not be reduced to zero. However the important thing to me is that if it does go wrong the complaint is handled well and the issue resolved to the customers satisfaction.

So I'd ask anyone having a problem at the Beer Garden to demand to speak with the duty manager. They all wear name badges which identify them as managers. If the problem is not sorted out and I'm not in the bar then email me the details or post it on any of the major Pattaya boards. My email is [email protected]. If you choose to post it on a board it is almost guaranteed to be brought to my attention. I will then make arrangements to refund double what you spent.

Kalle, I realize you did not ask to speak with the manager but I am happy to refund you 1,000 baht for your troubles. If you are still in Pattaya, PM me with a good time for you and I'll meet you at the bar with your refund. If you have left Pattaya I can either send it to you via Paypal if you have a Paypal account or bring a copy of this post with you next time you are in Pattaya and I'll sort you out.

Our guarantee to customers is printed at the back of every menu. I have just updated it with the new double refund policy. A copy is attached. Below.

Remember that good service can not be guaranteed 100% of the time in Pattaya but with the Pattaya Beer garden you can always do something about it if things go wrong. I appreciate people bringing problems to my attention so I CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT TOO.

Pete

well said pete, look forward to having a beer with you in 3 months, the beer garden is my favorite daytime drinking hole, cant wait to get back there :Congrats1:

I'll be back in May too, look forward to the delicious thai dishes :Congrats1:

Good to see there are still people who care about their customers.

Always stop by for lunch on my visits, same next month, luv the place

good work pete,

apart from the spelling mistake on the banner :P

guarantee

Thats good customer service good on you.

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

I have never in my life experienced such a behaviour.

be prepared to witness a lot more of this if you stick around Pattaya any longer