IGNORED

nice suite Soi Honey or Soi Bukao?

Orgynizer

Hi all,

Do you have any recommendations for this request? I am looking for a nice room or suite with these requirements: It should be in the area of Soi Honey or Soi Bukao, size at least 50 square meters, more than one lady allowed and no joiner fee, swimming pool and a daily rate up to about 3000 or 3500 Baht (cheaper would not be a problem 😉). Of course the newer the better... 

Are there any alternatives to August Suites for this request?

Thanks and regards,

Orgy

• Like 2

bay breeze has a suite that looks quite large (but barely above 50sqm according to their site), is under 3k and they have a pool. i think from hearing reports that they are ok with more than 1 joiner, but i might misremember.

iirc @Rocketboy always stayed there before he moved , so either check his old TRs or maybe he can chime in here.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

No idea, sadly. But do remember to update how you come along. 

Brilliant handle, btw 😆

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The Acqua is nice, and supposed to be open now. I've stayed in the 24/7 big room before and it was good, also in the Acqua Exclusive Deluxe at 33 sq meters. Acqua also has larger suites but I've never stayed in one. 

https://www.agoda.com/acqua-hotel_2/hotel/pattaya-th.html

If you want to have a kitchen in the room the Junior Suite has one at 72 sq meters, twice the size of the Exclusive Deluxe, but if you don't need the kitchen the Exclusive deluxe seemed plenty big to me. 

Edited by Garzan

As @petehoax says, Bay Breeze on Soi Honey (now called The One hotel Bay Breeze) has one bedroom suites. There’s only 2 of them, located on floors 8 and 9. 
They consist of a seperate large bedroom, seperate bathroom on one side / wardrobe on the other and opens into a lounge room with basic kitchenette area. 
The lounge rooms have a small couch with chaise and coffee table. There’s TV’s in both the bedroom and lounge as well a air conditioners in each room. 
They also have seperate balconies on the bedroom and lounge that face towards Walking Street. There’s internal doors (4 in total) between the 2 rooms.

There’s no single lady joiner fee and more than one at a time is ok but you may have to pay for the additional. 

The pool is a little small but I’ve rarely found it busy. Some people comment it doesn’t get enough sun but personally I prefer that as it’s hot enough out of the sun IMHO. 

I usually get the suite for about 1.9k baht per night when booking well in advance via Agoda

In comparison to the Executive Suite at August Suites the BB room are noticeably smaller, and while August Suites is in a good location, personally I think BB is in a better one and the suites have a better view. 

Another option is the 1 bedroom suites at LK Residence on Soi Diana. These are about the same size as the ones at August Suites but a little more open plan with large kitchenettes. I enjoyed this room but there’s no restaurant or room service in the hotel which I found as a negative. Prices are similar to August Suites

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr No said:

As @petehoax says, Bay Breeze on Soi Honey (now called The One hotel Bay Breeze) has one bedroom suites. There’s only 2 of them, located on floors 8 and 9. 
They consist of a seperate large bedroom, seperate bathroom on one side / wardrobe on the other and opens into a lounge room with basic kitchenette area. 
The lounge rooms have a small couch with chaise and coffee table. There’s TV’s in both the bedroom and lounge as well a air conditioners in each room. 
They also have seperate balconies on the bedroom and lounge that face towards Walking Street. There’s internal doors (4 in total) between the 2 rooms.

There’s no single lady joiner fee and more than one at a time is ok but you may have to pay for the additional. 

The pool is a little small but I’ve rarely found it busy. Some people comment it doesn’t get enough sun but personally I prefer that as it’s hot enough out of the sun IMHO. 

I usually get the suite for about 1.9k baht per night when booking well in advance via Agoda

In comparison to the Executive Suite at August Suites the BB room are noticeably smaller, and while August Suites is in a good location, personally I think BB is in a better one and the suites have a better view. 

Another option is the 1 bedroom suites at LK Residence on Soi Diana. These are about the same size as the ones at August Suites but a little more open plan with large kitchenettes. I enjoyed this room but there’s no restaurant or room service in the hotel which I found as a negative. Prices are similar to August Suites

Yes, I know the Bay Breeze suites #808 and #908 and also the hidden 'suite' with the stairs in the top floor very well, but apparently Bay Breeze will be closed from mid of August and therefore this is no option for me.

Thanks to all of you for all your hints so far. Are there eventually any suites or big appartements in the new "The Edge" next to the Kiss restaurant in 2nd road? If so then this could also be a good location, right?

Not really in Soi Bukao or Soi Honey, but:

The suites in "Centara Nova" also don't look too bad for me from what I can see on their homepage etc.

Is the Centara Nova tolerant also for a third or fourth guest? And how long do you need to walk to the next Baht busses from there? Did somebody stay in suite there already, can somebody comment on this, please?

Thanks and regards,

Orgy

While I have not stayed at Centara Nova I have walked through there and even used the pool a few times.  Have no idea about size of rooms, but do like what I see.  As far as baht bus is concerned it is pretty handy as well as you can catch the lower frequency ones thru Buakhou  headed to Walking st with less than 5 min walk and it probably is not much more than that to catch the ones of 2nd road headed north.   If you stay there please let us know as may be interested in trying it out in November.  

OK, I nailed it down a little bit now:

I reserved both a "Family Luxury Suite" (apparently 60 sqm) in Areca Lodge and a "Junior Suite" (apparently 72 sqm) in Acqua, both for almost the same price, both including breakfast.

Which of these two would you prefer and why?

At the moment I tend to Acqua for one simple reason: Sometimes size matters 😊.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also got the Acqua Junior Suite along with Wave hotel pre booked for my November trip, both inc breakfast. Wave is a little pricier than Acqua but probably classier too, I haven't stayed there before so I don't really know. I've stayed at Acqua Exclusive Deluxe previously before though. Not sure which to settle for.

Obviously not intended for the OP, 1 girl only at Wave and not a huge room but thinking location and class.

Edited by slalom
additional remarks