IGNORED

Welcome Plaza Hotel

blue1878

For a long time now I've only ever stayed at the Welcome Plaza hotel on the 2nd Road.  It's a big hotel and I'd say its a fairly old hotel.  When I first started staying there it did look a bit dated.  I didn't mind this. I liked the hotel and I liked its location.  And a few short years ago they modernised most of there rooms.  And improved the swimming pool area.

Anyway I've not been to Pattaya since December 2019 (Dam Covid).  Anyway last month I booked flights for a month long trip for this December/January.  And at the moment my hotel is still closed.  In Facebook I've been chatting with the hotel and a couple of members of there staff who are Facebook friends.  And they are currently improving there rooms air conditioning.  This is great news because it did need doing.  So once this work is complete the hotel will start taking bookings.  So hopefully next month I can book my favourite room on the 8th floor

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well last week "Welcome Plaza" posted that they are reopening on the 5th July.  And they are now taking bookings.  So I got in touch and ask to book my usual "Junior Suite" for 29 nights.  They quickly replied and I managed to get my usual room at a good price.  Cheaper than the last time I stayed there in 2019.  So happy days I've now got my flights and hotel booked for December/January

• Like 1

9 hours ago, taximan said:

How much for month?

Price depends on what room you book but I've added a Facebook page to give you an idea.  Scroll down and you'll come to some prices

Welcome Plaza Hotel | Facebook

Edited by blue1878

I stayed there once a few years back and did not like, I hope they have refurbished as it needed it. my stay was blighted by the fact they had really got involved with the Chinese tour groups, not much problem at night but early morning the whole floor seemed to congregate in a couple of rooms with them all virtually shouting at each other and breakfast was a no go, you couldn't get a table even if you went later and then the kitchen had usually run out of that days breakfast quota. Another problem not limited to the Chinese in my many trips is people, particularly groups not realising when the elevator gets to the ground floor you need to let the persons get off before they try to get on.

Rant over but hence I try to stay in smaller places, I recently read a post about a guy who rented a penthouse in a high rise at great cost but had problems with the lifts servicing all the floors.

What about the Soi 15 construction in the back? They are still working behind this hotel or very close to it as far as I know.

Edited by Kale

4 hours ago, Kale said:

What about the Soi 15 construction in the back? They are still working behind this hotel or very close to it as far as I know.

that part of the soi is complete...they are working from avenue mall to buakhao now

9 hours ago, geezerrb said:

I stayed there once a few years back and did not like, I hope they have refurbished as it needed it. my stay was blighted by the fact they had really got involved with the Chinese tour groups, not much problem at night but early morning the whole floor seemed to congregate in a couple of rooms with them all virtually shouting at each other and breakfast was a no go, you couldn't get a table even if you went later and then the kitchen had usually run out of that days breakfast quota. Another problem not limited to the Chinese in my many trips is people, particularly groups not realising when the elevator gets to the ground floor you need to let the persons get off before they try to get on.

Rant over but hence I try to stay in smaller places, I recently read a post about a guy who rented a penthouse in a high rise at great cost but had problems with the lifts servicing all the floors.

Hi geezerrb most if not all rooms have now been refurbished and look nice.  I've been a regular for years,  And notice that nationality of tour groups that use the Welcome Plaza have changed over the years.  I don't think they've had chinese tour groups for a while now.  I've been there when they've had Russian tour groups staying.  And they were unfriendly.  In hotel they would not speak to non Russians.  And they were very unfriendly to the staff  In recent years they've had Indian tour groups staying there.  Now that Covid rules are relaxing and the hotel is reopening on the 7th of this month.  It will be interesting to see if they get back the tour groups.  And if they do it'll be interesting to see what nationality.

One or two of the staff are Facebooks friends and one was telling me that before they open on the 7th they were upgrading the air condioning