Jump to content
IGNORED

THINKING OF A GOLF TRIP TO PATTS IN SEPT


T-Bone 12
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello Fellow PA

    Can i have the heads up on golf over in Pattaya at the moment. I have been many times in the past and played with a lot of different fraternities and always had a great time. Are there plenty of people playing at the moment? Is the cost the same? Are there any things i need to know since Covid? How busy is Patts at the moment? Thanks if you get back to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, T-Bone 12 said:

Hello Fellow PA

    Can i have the heads up on golf over in Pattaya at the moment. I have been many times in the past and played with a lot of different fraternities and always had a great time. Are there plenty of people playing at the moment? Is the cost the same? Are there any things i need to know since Covid? How busy is Patts at the moment? Thanks if you get back to me

Cost is better as most have discounted rates at the moment 

Golf bars are playing Travellers Rest Links Witherspoon's are 3 of the biggest going. All have details of golf prices etc on their websites so go Google them 

Check out the rates with the PSC 

Golf rules the only issue is your caddy wears a mask n most clubs have a plastic divider between you and them. Masks are not required in the course but expected in the club house area 

Review some of my threads below this one from when I played in March 2022. I am also going back in under 3 weeks for some more golf 

 

You will have fun in Pattaya so don't worry about how busy it is. Ain't seeing complaining about a bad time from anyone who goes

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I played eight rounds April/May and agree with Tuna Town, plenty of golf available at good rates.  Played with the three clubs he mentions and typically had a group in the 20s and had 38 players at Laem Chabang.  Crowds picked up in Patts in May with test and go lifted and would expect it to continue too.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Do people bring their own clubs when they come for a trip? I have a few friends who play and we've talked about a golf trip to Thailand so early days for that. The courses look good and its cheaper than Ausi / NZ. Just curious how easy it is to hire clubs here and if they're any good.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JimmyNZ said:

Do people bring their own clubs when they come for a trip? I have a few friends who play and we've talked about a golf trip to Thailand so early days for that. The courses look good and its cheaper than Ausi / NZ. Just curious how easy it is to hire clubs here and if they're any good.  

I have always played with Retox and now Witherspoons and they do have rental clubs.  But no idea of the condition and quality of there rental clubs as I always bring my own clubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JimmyNZ said:

Do people bring their own clubs when they come for a trip? I have a few friends who play and we've talked about a golf trip to Thailand so early days for that. The courses look good and its cheaper than Ausi / NZ. Just curious how easy it is to hire clubs here and if they're any good.  

I bring my own clubs from home 

If you are on a non low cost airline (I am assuming you are in Kiwi land ) then you have your 30 kilo of luggage to use

Bringing my clubs I go through my bag and thin it out to minimum levels 

I get rid of most of the boys n pieces I have in my bag and keep it basic 

14 clubs 20 balls umbrella some tees range finder laser etc 

Just the basics it comes to about 12 to 13kgs 

With your luggage allowance you fit in comfortably 

The main issue with the clubs is lugging them about 

 

From your home to airport 

From Swampy to Pattaya accommodation

From Pattaya accommodation to Swampy 

From airport to your home

You need to address how you are doing this 

 

I have lugged them about on trains and buses and now just drive to the airport and leave my car there 

I then hire a car at Swampy 

 

Maybe the way Indo it isn't for you but addressing these issues will solve any issues of bringing the clubs

I also wouldn't suggest renting clubs in LoS. We hired sets at Green Valley at 1000 baht and the quality was iffy to say the least. We then had to buy balls 

 

I wouldn't hesitate to bring my own clubs and would recommend you do so 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info.

I don't think luggage will be the problem, so agree that its whether I can handle lugging it round when I'm there. I'd get annoyed without good clubs, and would rather take them and go light on clothes and pick up what I need when I'm in country. 

Thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JimmyNZ said:

Thanks for the info.

I don't think luggage will be the problem, so agree that its whether I can handle lugging it round when I'm there. I'd get annoyed without good clubs, and would rather take them and go light on clothes and pick up what I need when I'm in country. 

Thanks again

I use Nam's Taxi from and to Swampy so that isn't a problem.  And I only played with Witherspoons so I left my clubs in their storage room while I was there.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JimmyNZ said:

Thanks for the info.

I don't think luggage will be the problem, so agree that its whether I can handle lugging it round when I'm there. I'd get annoyed without good clubs, and would rather take them and go light on clothes and pick up what I need when I'm in country. 

Thanks again

Generally it is pretty easy.

Put them on the baggage trolley at Swampy and push them to the taxi.

The guy at your hotel lugs them to your room for 20-100 baht tip

Then it's only a matter of getting them to a golf bar.

If you stick to the likes of Witherspoons, Links, Travellers Rest 

They are all on or just off SOI Backhao 

So it only then a matter of getting a hotel a short distance away from the baht bus 

Some bars might let you leave them on site to the next game saving you lugging them back to the room

If you hire a car either at Swampy or in Pattaya you can save most of these hassles leaving them in the boot each night 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a look at some of the golf groups which look good. I'd be keen on a few rounds if we're over for a week and they look like a good way to meet other people if we come over.

How is golf in the rainy season though? Are the coursed playable in May - July? I looked at the average rainfall and those months can get quite wet and I know how bad winter golf is where I play now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JimmyNZ said:

I had a look at some of the golf groups which look good. I'd be keen on a few rounds if we're over for a week and they look like a good way to meet other people if we come over.

How is golf in the rainy season though? Are the coursed playable in May - July? I looked at the average rainfall and those months can get quite wet and I know how bad winter golf is where I play now. 

I was there the month of May and played M/W/F every week.  Got rained on two times but finished the round after the rain passed, and got rained out after 9 holes once.  Pre Covid I was over 4 or 5 times a year, been rained on some but the only time I've been rained out was this May's trip.  Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't let rainy season dictate my trips.

Edited by Catfish1950
left out something
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That gives me a bit of hope. Having a golf trip works best in the southern winter, ideally in July / August so good news that the weather isn't that much of a factor. I hate playing on a wet course as my golf game relies on a hard track and a fair amount of roll 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/07/2022 at 19:54, JimmyNZ said:

That gives me a bit of hope. Having a golf trip works best in the southern winter, ideally in July / August so good news that the weather isn't that much of a factor. I hate playing on a wet course as my golf game relies on a hard track and a fair amount of roll 😁

When you arrive in Thailand you notice this thing at Suvarnabhumi as you leave called the heat which is great at drying shit out.Most nights it is 26-27C at night and 33c during the day so shit don't stay wet for long 

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain in Thailand as you can play golf soon after the showers as the courses dry out lightening fast anyway

If you are unlucky you might get bunkers with some casual water 

A lot of the time it rains in Thailand at night anyway and you can play golf the next morning and don't even know it rained  

Rainy season you also tend to get showers in the arvo as the heat gets up during the day and you get storms at 3-5 pm just as you would have seen in Summertime in Oz 

Not wishing to promise you perfect weather but the odds are in your favour most days 

Last trip I had two golf games effected by rain.

One at Green Valley raised in my thread we were undercover for around 1 hour due to a storm but still completed the round 

One at Phoenix which I ain't written about yet. We had 5-6 showers and stayed off the course at one point for around 30 mins. Still got the 18 holes in though and the sun was out when we started and finished 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain in Thailand as you can play golf soon after the showers as the courses dry out lightening fast anyway

Music to my ears! I'm likely yo be travelling in the wetter seasons and this was one of my biggest questions re golf. I don't mind getting a bit wet or having a round cancelled on me, but I hate the boggy courses after a lot of rain. Really puts me off playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't been on the site for a while but thanks for all the feedback. 7 or 8 weeks and i'm over there to watch the grand final and 5 rounds of golf and 10 black haired 50kg beauties😀. I won't do the A grade courses this trip but just pop off Soi Bauchau and find bars that have courses i like with heaps of other punters. Generally you find like minded people on golf courses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, JimmyNZ said:

Music to my ears! I'm likely yo be travelling in the wetter seasons and this was one of my biggest questions re golf. I don't mind getting a bit wet or having a round cancelled on me, but I hate the boggy courses after a lot of rain. Really puts me off playing. 

You don't get a lot of run on courses in LoS. They ain't hard n fast like you find in Summer time in Oz.The grass just tends to swallow balls when it lands and slows them right up 

But they don't turn into a boggy mess after a bit of rain.

Getting wet while playing in Thailand ain't that much of a problem as it is still hot so it ain't a cold n miserable experience 

Biggest issue is the rain can come down that hard you don't want to play as everything is getting wet gloves grips etc 

Trust me when I say the rain can be impressive in its velocity in Thailand 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

You don't get a lot of run on courses in LoS. They ain't hard n fast like you find in Summer time in Oz.The grass just tends to swallow balls when it lands and slows them right up 

But they don't turn into a boggy mess after a bit of rain.

Thanks for the info. I'll take the trade-off and just focus on hitting long and straight! What could go wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JimmyNZ said:

Thanks for the info. I'll take the trade-off and just focus on hitting long and straight! What could go wrong. 

Three putting the green 555

 

 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are going to play more than a couple times I’d definitely just take clubs.  Easy enough to rent, but worth the pain in the ass hassle to have clubs you typically play with.  I played with several groups, but did leave my clubs at Links over 1/2 the time and no issues.  I did see Travelers had six day a week golf scheduled for August, so things are definitely picking up.  Prices look to have crept up slightly, but still very reasonable.  I’ll be back late October for a couple weeks and look forward to playing there again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • For those that don't know, I did Friday meetings before many years ago,  I feel like we are missing a regular meeting for members,  I am aware guys meet at PA affiliated bars. But I want to start meeting people again, I'm inviting the guys following my YouTube also.

      The meetings is a chance to get to meet each other,  I plan to be at every meeting, I also have Dean from Dive bar that has offered to help out with a crawl after.
      The meetings will be  Monday  6 pm - 8 pm each week.  (The improvised bar crawl will commence at 8 p.m.  Dean will make his own plans for that.)

      Due to low numbers of people in town, I will start the meetings in our bars to help our girls and managers, please check back often incase things are changed.  I will be sharing the love around town later, but Soi 6 is first on my list (including bars that are friendly competition)   
      If bar owners want us to have a meeting at their bar,  they need to have a minimum of 10 girls.  I'm not dragging people to empty bars for favours.
      Please help us invite other members, it takes a while to get momentum.
      Monday 6 pm - 8pm  (then bar crawl after)
      21st March - Playpen Soi 6
      28th March - Night wish bar Soi 6
      4th April - Toy Box bar Soi 6
      11th April - Repent Soi 6
      18th April - where angels play Soi 6
      25th April -  (next bar we have open)

      2nd May - (next bar we have open)
      9th May - Cooters bar soi 6 
      16th May - Hot shots bar Soi 6
      23rd May - (next bar we have open)
      30th of May - Lust soi 6 
      6th of June - Illuzion
      13th of June - (next bar we have open)

      I look forward to meeting people again.
      • 115 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.