IGNORED

Looking for comfy and soft bed in Pattaya Hotel - price range 1-1200 baht/night

SunnyRainbow

Hi - i´ve got a few too many pounds on my stomach and issues with my back, so looking for a comfy/soft bed BUT without paying too mucb....

... and knowing the stadard in many hotels are HARD beds with minimum flexibility...

Preferred area Soi bukhaow/beach road/central pattaya.... I´ve stayed in Serenotel soi 10/beach road, and loved it for good comfy bed and rooftop pool with seaview...although small room...BUT they just pushed the prizes up 20-30% around 1500-1600 baht/night, whick is above my budget and also to expensive considering no gym and kinda small rooms....

Problem is it´s kinda difficult to test several hotel beds, because you have to check in the room and maybe bringing your luggage around... yes i could book my favorite and then look around... but this time around my leg is also constrained so less walkability - IF i was a race horse... maybe it´s time for a shoot to the head :D

Hopefully daily massages will upgrade my situation :D

Anyway, if anyone has any good suggestion I would much appreciate the help!

Thank You!!!

7 minutes ago, SunnyRainbow said:

Preferred area Soi bukhaow/beach road/central pattaya.... I´ve stayed in Serenotel soi 10/beach road, and loved it for good comfy bed and rooftop pool with seaview...although small room...BUT they just pushed the prizes up 20-30% around 1500-1600 baht/night, whick is above my budget and also to expensive considering no gym and kinda small rooms....

what dates are you looking at? use a meta search engine (trivago or google maps). i checked a few dates and saw it on Agoda for sub1000 for the dates i looked at (while it was ~1500 on most other platforms). that's why i mention it. of course it's very possible that during your dates, all prices will be >1500. but worth a try. 

otherwise: no idea, i hate soft beds, so can't help you. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

40 minutes ago, petehoax said:

what dates are you looking at? use a meta search engine (trivago or google maps). i checked a few dates and saw it on Agoda for sub1000 for the dates i looked at (while it was ~1500 on most other platforms). that's why i mention it. of course it's very possible that during your dates, all prices will be >1500. but worth a try. 

otherwise: no idea, i hate soft beds, so can't help you. 

Thx, Pete.... actually interesting when using trivago to link to Agoda vs direct at Agoda, somewhat able to get a bit cheaper prices....

Areca Lodge  Stayed there in March, Executive Suite 4E, very comfortable bed.

Rate was more than your budget but:

• You do not say what your dates are. Low season may be cheaper than March.
  • Other rooms are cheaper.

>Serenotel soi 10/beach road... too expensive considering no gym and kinda small rooms....

Areca has small gym. My room was quite big. Rate included breakfast for two.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The beds at the hotel Amber are great, although the hotel Is quite family orientated.

I'm possibly going back there In September.

Avoid Page 10, the beds are firm and the aircon is loud and badly needing serviced.

• Like 1

The Travelodge had the most comfortably bed I have had in all of Thailand.  Exceptionally nice and highly recommend the bed. I thought it might have just been me, but I had a couple of comments from girls who also noticed how comfortable they were.  But there is some road construction there now, so be a little cautious.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ptquad said:

The beds at the hotel Amber are great, although the hotel Is quite family orientated.

I'm possibly going back there In September.

Avoid Page 10, the beds are firm and the aircon is loud and badly needing serviced.

Stayed a few nights at Page 10, agree wirh firm beds… but they do have a topper, topmadras that helps a bit… oh and YES the aircon is crazy noisy even at lowest level! Lovely room, pool and restaurant though and great location!

I actually ended up at the Baywalk Residence, at beach road… a bit old and a few levels below Page 10, but they could provide me with a comfy toper, så it ended up to be the best comfy bed so far. Btw with comfy i dont mean SOFT and something you just fall deep into which can get very hot too, but something with  reactive springs AND a softer topper, so the overalll experience is responding to your needs/weight :D 

I might try ask other hotels for toppers in the future, it really makes a big differnce, if the madras underneath also is somewhat flexible and not hard as a brick!

Edited by SunnyRainbow

I think the Hilton has the softest beds I've slept in in Pattaya with maybe Deep Blue Z taking second place.  The issue with Deep Blue Z is the air con blows on to the bed from overhead, and it's a weird central system where it's either off, or on full blast with no middle ground.

As has been mentioned most of the 3-5 star places will have a topper you can request.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2022 at 07:39, PGSTC776 said:

I think the Hilton has the softest beds I've slept in in Pattaya with maybe Deep Blue Z taking second place. 

Mytt beach has even softer and comfier beds than the HiltonHilton is also not really in that price range.   I stayed in the Mytt Beach standard room late last year and  earlier this year for around 1,200 baht per night but not sure what the rate is now.

• Like 1

My solution was to buy a mattress topper a few years ago in Thailand when I was on holiday. And when I went home, the hotel would store it for me until I came back.

Can get something like this from Lazada and order the first day you arrive,or even before you arrive, can be delivered to your hotel within a day or two .

Gives you the freedom to choose whatever hotel is best, without worrying about the place having a rock hard bed.

IMG_1297.jpg

Edited by Farangkie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Farangkie said:

My solution was to buy a mattress topper a few years ago in Thailand when I was on holiday. And when I went home, the hotel would store it for me until I came back.

Can get something like this from Lazada and order the first day you arrive,or even before you arrive, can be delivered to your hotel within a day or two .

Gives you the freedom to choose whatever hotel is best, without worrying about the place having a rock hard bed.

IMG_1297.jpg

Hehe… was actuaqlly thinking about that but wondring how to store when leaving, escpecailly if renting a condo….so if you do get the hotel to storage it i´m guessing you mean to stay at that same hotel again :D but yeah very cool idea!

3 minutes ago, SunnyRainbow said:

Hehe… was actuaqlly thinking about that but wondring how to store when leaving, escpecailly if renting a condo….so if you do get the hotel to storage it i´m guessing you mean to stay at that same hotel again :D but yeah very cool idea!

Don't necessarily need to stay at the same hotel again, just go and pick it up from the hotel you left it with. I did that when I stayed at a different hotel the next time, and there was no problem.

No reason why you couldn't do the same at a condo, the reception or the security guys would be able to put it in their storeroom for a small tip.

• Like 2

Best advice I can give is to do a google search for "hotels pattaya".  That brings up a google maps search showing prices and location.  Select a general area and click on the places in your price range and read the reviews.  If they have proper mattresses instead of hard ones the reviews almost always mention that.

I know it sounds like a PiTA to do it this way but there are just waaaay too many options in Pattaya, which is a good problem to have.

Edited by Kale

April Suites had soft mattresses when I stayed there in 2018. Not a bad location either. On a very quiet side soi off 2nd road. Just cut through the back of August Suites and it'll take you out on central road almost directly opposite the start of Buakhao. Nice rooftop pool, it's in your price range too. 

4 hours ago, BuakhaoBarry said:

April Suites had soft mattresses when I stayed there in 2018. Not a bad location either. On a very quiet side soi off 2nd road. Just cut through the back of August Suites and it'll take you out on central road almost directly opposite the start of Buakhao. Nice rooftop pool, it's in your price range too. 

Okay, msut have changed for the worse, was my first hotel in june 2019 and pretty stiff madras back then!

Just now, SunnyRainbow said:

Okay, msut have changed for the worse, was my first hotel in june 2019 and pretty stiff madras back then!

Maybe I'm not as fussy as the OP. Stayed on much harder mattresses in Pattaya than April Suites. I spend my sleeping hours intoxicated though so I'd probably sleep on a Kitchen floor if I had to 

On 04/07/2022 at 22:11, Dr. Vino said:

Thinking about staying at Acqua hotel. Anybody know if they have soft beds. Most of the hotels I have stayed in Pattaya have hard beds which cause me back problems.

The bed's In the Acqua are fine, but most of the rooms are very small.

Comfiest soft huge bed I stayed in recently was at Harry's Place on Soi Honey. Had a big deluxe room with balcony for only 600 baht per night where I stayed for a few nights only. The bed was much comfier than the hotel I stayed at for the rest of my holiday, which was 1200 baht a night. 

Edited by cheetzie
  • Like 1