IGNORED

B2 tourist (US) visa for TGF

Sofa King High

Anyone done this for the TGF? Most reports are old and hearsay but indicate it's likely to get denied.

She has family ties but no significant employment or relationship ties.

Legit relationship (2 years)

Not p4p

Low level of English

I can sponsor her financially

Looking at doing 6 months US, 6 months Thailand for a couple years.

Five times with 3 different TG's.

All denied.

If she mentions she has an American BF she will be denied immediately and it will not matter if you sponsor her.

Then that information will be in the system forever and she will be denied forever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The last thing the embassy wants to hear is a non-relative is going to sponsor her. She needs to sponsor herself to get a tourist visa. With no money, no great job, no chance.

Can get her a fiance visa, with intention to get married. But that's a long drawn out process.

• Sad 1

On 28/05/2022 at 20:50, LASportsNut said:

Five times with 3 different TG's.

All denied.

If she mentions she has an American BF she will be denied immediately and it will not matter if you sponsor her.

Then that information will be in the system forever and she will be denied forever.

Fuckkk, man. That's rough. Wonder why having an American boyfriend is a bad thing.

Did you do everything yourself or use some sort of lawyer/agency?

A Thai national will have to get a B2 visa on their own merit, and even if they own land, have a respectable job, etc, it's still hard to get.  Having a American boyfriend means nothing to the US Embassy.

I got to know an Australian immigration officer quite well, when he was one of my clients when I worked in financial services. I had a TG at the time and was considering applying for a fiance visa, and in conversation I asked him how difficult it would be. 

He said to expect it to be very difficult, because the immigration department has a bias against Asian women, especially from Thailand and the Philippines. The department will never admit publicly to a bias,  but it definitely exists, due to the high instances of things not working out when they arrive in the country.

He said getting a visa for someone based solely on a relationship, is always going to be much harder than obtaining a visa for employment or study, because relationships often break down. And when they see an application where the guy is around 50 years old plus, and the girl is half his age. They just assume the chances of that relationship working out is close to zero, and the application will often automatically get rejected, just on that basis alone.

But by far the biggest issue they have he said, is as soon as some Asian women are granted permanent residency visa, they will sometimes leave the relationship almost immediately. And then claim single mother government state benefits, for her and her children, then they become a drain on the public purse forever.

That's just what I was told about how Australia looks at visa applications from Asia women, I would guess that the U.S would be just as tough, if not tougher, for the same reasons.

Edited by Farangkie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sofa King High said:

Fuckkk, man. That's rough. Wonder why having an American boyfriend is a bad thing.

Did you do everything yourself or use some sort of lawyer/agency?

i finally got one over but prefer not to say how.  LOL

I will send you a DM/PM.

• Thanks 1