IGNORED

The Best Of soi LK Metro

Alex the Hedonist

I was wondering what you all think are the best places to stay on soi LK Metro are and why?

What did you like, what didnt you like...and what did you pay...photos are great too!

Personally, I have never stayed on LKMetro but may consider it in the future, its kinda a cozy little soi with all kinds of distractions (champagne, lolitas, hell club, etc)...I am a Pattaya Bay Resort guy for the majority of my stays...usually after 2-4 nights at Secrets....so that means I spend about 900 baht per night (895 at Secrets, 999 at PBR w/7th night free).

To me, the appeal of LKMetro is that its got kinda a "cozy" feel to it, lots of little laid-back places to hang out, soi Diana bars right there, pizza and 7/11 is handy...and of course, from what i have read, it seems you can get a loom for about 500-600/night off season...maybe more, not sure.

The reason I havent is that I kinda like the setup at PBR...good security, nice staff, pool on the roof, ok size room, decent appointments (king sized bed/decent tv/wifi in loom/electronic safe/balcony/blackout curtains/big shower in bathroom) and SPOTLESS housekeeping...plus its relatively new construction. I know the places on LKMetro are older buildings, but im also guessing lots of the looms there are relatively new renovations. How is the security? Are there any with pools? Do they have blackout curtains or safes in loom? A proper shower (i hate the toilet/shower combo room with no formal division)?

However, now that I am considering a longer stay than usual (4 weeks in pattaya, 1 week in cambo, then back to pattaya for another 2 weeks), I might want to try LKMetro if I can find a nice loom...again, I am a freak about CLEAN and BUG FREE accomodations...I would check out of any place that didnt meet those standards without hesitation.

So, fire away boyz...Im probably not the only guy wondering about all this as budgets get squeezed and/or stays (like mine) get longer. Please keep comments to SOI LK Metro spots....THANKS!!!

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

I've only stayed at 3som and it was very clean and cheap. 600 baht for a big room. It seems most of the bars/guesthouses on Soi Metro have very nice, comfortable storefronts with couches and tables. The Metro Apartment has a big bar with nice pool tables (free). Like you, I love the LK Metro area in that it has a very inviting and cozy feel. Also, the area has all the food, beer bars, coyote bars and gogos you'd need.

on my first trip i stay around that area( didnt like it )..so i venture out. but now returning on my 4th trip im craving that "cozyness" .. its good to just have to walk outside your room and be able to have a BJ and good grub 30sec away.. everything made EASY

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

have stayed in big comfy rooms at Metro Apartments, highly recommended 850 baht/night, and also at the Armageddon

bar. Would recommend both, although the Armageddon has the advantage of some rather cute girls on site.

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die

I have looked internet pages of metro apartments + armageddon bar and i think i might test them next holiday.

Does anybody know are those usually fully booked at may-june?

I go thailand next time 23.5.2009 and i wondering should i make pre-booking or just try to get room by walk in.

I have also read good rewiews about 3som.Does anybody know does 3som have internet pages?

Only decent places are those with a room away from the street. LK bars seem to think a "party" is just stacking a load of humungous loudspeakers in the street and blasting the whole place out 'til as late as they can get away with. It can not be avoided, which in my opinion makes it a no no.

Bloody nonsense really - I love a good racket, but indoors is good enough surely.

It ain't love, but it ain't bad.

Only decent places are those with a room away from the street. LK bars seem to think a "party" is just stacking a load of humungous loudspeakers in the street and blasting the whole place out 'til as late as they can get away with. It can not be avoided, which in my opinion makes it a no no.

Bloody nonsense really - I love a good racket, but indoors is good enough surely.

Interesting and informative comment, thanks!!! This may in fact put me off the soi...maybe I should just stick to the PBR...but I was looking forward the the neighborhood feel, dam.

If any of you have had other experiences, let me know...I usually dont return to the loom til around 2am-3am if im out crawling...im sure it has settled down by then, but I dont wana come back with a lady at 11pm for a good shag and have nothing but racket either...Im torn.

I've stayed at the Metro apartments a few times....the Irish Rovers for ten days ...the Jasmine Mansions around the corner..and the Pasadena next to Irish Rovers is still on my list.....this soi always gets quiet by one or so....once in awhile a party with outdoor speakers happens near the rock house or 3sum...The rooms and location at the Metro...Irish Rovers or Pasadena (that I wanted but were booked) were well worth the money ,with larger than average rooms and I recommend them...noise not really a problem but always ask for a larger room that's quiet....The Jasmine room was small for me and I was charged extra for bringing a 2nd girl that only stayed an hour...Even when I don't stay there I pop in to see Dennis at the Metro and play Wat a few games of pool......so I guess it remains my favorite.....Although Irish rovers was perfectly fine....and the shower room was nice big enough for three or more

Edited by guykrup

Are Metro Apartments the most "upscale" of the LKMetro guest houses? Just wondering...if not, which one do you think IS the most upscale.

...This may in fact put me off the soi...maybe I should just stick to the PBR...but I was looking forward the the neighborhood feel, dam...

If you're happy with the PBR, why not stick with it ? It's only a 6-7 minute walk to LK Metro (for most people anyway).

Or you can try the rooms at Canterbury Tales, just around the corner in Soi Chaiyapoon. Very handy for Soi LK Metro and also the

bars of Soi Buakhoaw and oasis A Go Go. :CumOnFace:

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die

If you're happy with the PBR, why not stick with it ? It's only a 6-7 minute walk to LK Metro (for most people anyway).

Good question...and I will be staying at the PBR for at least 2 weeks of my stay...and in fact, there is an alley you can cut through that makes it a very quick transit between PBR and soi Diana.

But, since I am staying for several weeks this summer (with probably 1 week spent going to cambo), I thought I would try staying on LKMetro just to sample it...just for a change of pace...I started out (virgin trip 3 years ago) staying on soi 13 and that was nice cuz its so central to everything, but the hotels there are a bit older which is why I switched to PBR, I like new n fresh...which is why, IF there is a fairly new remodel on LKMetro with decent ammenities, I will try it. Not sure if I want to give up the pool though and Im not big on wandering over to use the pool of another hotel (like Areca).

I might also try a week in that new hotel over on like soi 2 (forget the name) just to try that area as in all my trips, ive never gotten past Soi6.

Just thinkin...

Cheers, and thanks for everyone's comments, Alex

I have stayed 4 weeks at Metro Apartments, it was a good place to stay at, but i don´t have anything to compere to.

Always heard good things about Metro Apts., and Dennis the owner is a good guy as well.

For the money though, I like Liquid Lounge, the rooms are nicely sized and look brand new with all the perks, mivrowave, fridge, kitchen area, tv/dvd, side entrance for privacy. Daniel's rooms are a great deal on the longer term stays too. Both places are booked pretty well in advance, so put your reservation in early though, even a few months ahead to guarantee a spot is my advice.

Are Metro Apartments the most "upscale" of the LKMetro guest houses? Just wondering...if not, which one do you think IS the most upscale.

Without a doubt the best rooms by a very wide margin are at "The Rockhouse"! :Anger:

Without a doubt the best rooms by a very wide margin are at "The Rockhouse"! :Anger:

Having stayed there too, the rooms are nice sized, but for the cost, you would get the same room, more updated with more amenities for about 7-9k less per month at LL.

on my first trip i stay around that area( didnt like it )..so i venture out. but now returning on my 4th trip im craving that "cozyness" .. its good to just have to walk outside your room and be able to have a BJ and good grub 30sec away.. everything made EASY

You should be able to get this anywhere you stay in Pattaya.

I believe that a few of the bars in LK Metro do have seome very nice rooms. Not having a swimming pool shouldnt be a problem. There are hotels nearby and the hotels are normally happy to let non-guests use there swimming pools. It's only if you try and walk away with one of there towels that there is a problem

Interesting and informative comment, thanks!!! This may in fact put me off the soi...maybe I should just stick to the PBR...but I was looking forward the the neighborhood feel, dam.

If any of you have had other experiences, let me know...I usually dont return to the loom til around 2am-3am if im out crawling...im sure it has settled down by then, but I dont wana come back with a lady at 11pm for a good shag and have nothing but racket either...Im torn.

I stayed at the Irish Rovers in Feb Alex and the soi can be noisy but they do have a policy after midnight that the sound goes down, but then the other bars dont seem to adhere to this, i.e The Storm Bar which I think has now changed to the Billabong Bar this is a 24 hour open bar and they were very loud early hours, If I stay Rovers again I would ask for a back room not facing the soi.

Then I made the mistake of BF the girls from the bar where I was staying making it difficult to bring back new ladies, I wont be doing that again, maybe a reason for me to choose another place locally unless the girls have changed by next January/February.

Having stayed there too, the rooms are nice sized, but for the cost, you would get the same room, more updated with more amenities for about 7-9k less per month at LL.

This is so far out of the ballpark as to be laughable!

1/ The monthly rate for the largest room at LL (44 sq.metres) is 14000bht +elect +water approx 2500-3000 bht = 17000 bht per month.

2/ The monthly rate at the Rockhouse is 19,350 ALL INCLUSIVE! This is approx 2500 bht dearer than LL and NOT 7-9k less than you stated! The Rockhouse rooms are 50% Larger and far better equiped than LL (Large screen tv,enormous shower and in room wi-fi)!

Where you come from in stating that the LL rooms are more up-dated and more amenities, god alone knows as the only difference in amenities is a microwave.

I know what I say is true and not plucked out of the air like your figures, as I stayed with Danny & Lee for a month last November in a large room and am also very familiar with the Rockhouse rooms.

I consider Danny,Lee and Alex all as friends and have no axe to grind, I do not know why your comparision of the two is so very far away from the facts (although I have my opinions), but can assure members that my figures are the correct ones and both establishments are excellent value. :Anger:

Edited by routeman

Then I made the mistake of BF the girls from the bar where I was staying making it difficult to bring back new ladies, I wont be doing that again, maybe a reason for me to choose another place locally unless the girls have changed by next January/February.

The place I stay only has a few bargirls working on the street (Soi 13) at night. As it happens, they are right next to my hotel. There is one I always see that I would like to go with. But I know better. I know that since I have to pass by the place every time I bring a girl back, taking that girl would cause me nothing but problems in the long run.

I've stayed at the Metro apartments a few times....the Irish Rovers for ten days ...the Jasmine Mansions around the corner..and the Pasadena next to Irish Rovers is still on my list.....this soi always gets quiet by one or so....once in awhile a party with outdoor speakers happens near the rock house or 3sum...The rooms and location at the Metro...Irish Rovers or Pasadena (that I wanted but were booked) were well worth the money ,with larger than average rooms and I recommend them...noise not really a problem but always ask for a larger room that's quiet....The Jasmine room was small for me and I was charged extra for bringing a 2nd girl that only stayed an hour...Even when I don't stay there I pop in to see Dennis at the Metro and play Wat a few games of pool......so I guess it remains my favorite.....Although Irish rovers was perfectly fine....and the shower room was nice big enough for three or more

Hi'guykrup',

Many thanks for your kind comments, and your recommendation, very much appreciated..We have 1 particular room, with a bathroom, that can hold up to at least 15 girls and 1 falang, that is thai-logic, and some others, as you say, three or more.

Cheers.

Pat. :Circle_Sharks:

Posted Image

Simon +66 (0) 874406060

Josh +66 (0) 820889263

Fun Golfing days /Bar Crawls to The Darkside and Banchang/ Hotel / Bar / Diner

Email : [email protected]

http://www.the-i-rovers.com/

Up to date happenings and Live Sports Schedule add us on Facebook

LIVE WEBCAM http://lk-metro.com

VOTED BEST LIVE SPORTS BAR IN PATTAYA

i-rovers often Copied NEVER Equalled

All room enquirys please email: [email protected] LK METRO WEBCAMS HERE www.lk-metro.com

I too can say that the Rover is a good deal on LK Metro, the service is great (ask Pat about Ban Chang trips on Sundays). A friend of mine stayed at Metro Apts, they were nice too.

This is so far out of the ballpark as to be laughable!

1/ The monthly rate for the largest room at LL (44 sq.metres) is 14000bht +elect +water approx 2500-3000 bht = 17000 bht per month.

2/ The monthly rate at the Rockhouse is 19,350 ALL INCLUSIVE! This is approx 2500 bht dearer than LL and NOT 7-9k less than you stated! The Rockhouse rooms are 50% Larger and far better equiped than LL (Large screen tv,enormous shower and in room wi-fi)!

Where you come from in stating that the LL rooms are more up-dated and more amenities, god alone knows as the only difference in amenities is a microwave.

I know what I say is true and not plucked out of the air like your figures, as I stayed with Danny & Lee for a month last November in a large room and am also very familiar with the Rockhouse rooms.

I consider Danny,Lee and Alex all as friends and have no axe to grind, I do not know why your comparision of the two is so very far away from the facts (although I have my opinions), but can assure members that my figures are the correct ones and both establishments are excellent value. :GoldenSmile1:

GOOD POST MATE, WELL CORRECTED.

Pasadena may have the most upscale feel to the lobby...but the Irish rovers and the Metro both have very decent lobbies and rooms.....This last trip I stayed out on soi 3 near 2nd road at the Siam guest house....very near Big C, many beer bars...short walk to the beach or Soi 6...like you I was interested in that part of the city....the accomodations were very reasonable, I did like the area...the owner became a friend (a board member Simon P) but I still found myself riding my motor bike (the bhat bus is useless because of the one way streets) back to the LK Metro area....although I did have Soi 6 a lot closer to comfort me.....