IGNORED

Koh Samui advice...

asianbrizz

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, but I've been in Thailand almost a decade now. Moved from BKK to Koh Samui about a year ago, and I'm loving this place. It's a beautiful island holiday away from the hustle and bustle, but there are still some pockets of nightlife here and there. Even with COVID ripping through Thailand, there are good spots for ladies here, and if you like your ladies a little more tanned, this is the place to be. 

Chaweng has a couple of great spots: Soi Green Mango (unofficially named after the Green Mango bar, at one end of the soi) has beer bars and a bunch of spots where you can play pool, and even a disco or two in the back. Not far away, Soi Reggae is a small strip of beer bars that are starting to get busier by the week...COVID slowed everything to a crawl, but things are picking up and you can find great fun in these spots in Chaweng.

If you prefer the southern tip of the island, there are a number of great spots in Lamai, along Soi Had Lamai. Beer bars, lots of place with pool tables, and a couple bigger spots with live bands. There are also two spots with circular, open-air bars built around a bar in the center, in traditional Pattaya style. One spot with a few bars behind the McDonald's on Soi Had Lamai, and one more spot about 100m south of that. 

Kph Samui is quiet, but if you want an island getaway with a bit of nightlife thrown in for good measure, it's a great location. There is lots of good food all over the place. You'll likely need to ride your own motorbike, but it's fairly easy compared to BKK or Patts...no traffic lights to speak of, and a large ring road encircles the entire island (which you can circumnavigate in less than 2 hours). There are taxis and songtaews, but a motorbike is certainly my recommendation.

I'm happy to help anyone who wants more information or advice, so hit me up here or by private message. If you make it down and want to meet up for a Sangsom, we might be able to arrange that, too.

Welcome aboard my man! 

Full disclosure: I think I might be responsible for this lad now looking around this so-called gentlemanly forum.

Also, I'm not sure I would ever have achieved monger status if it wasn't for hooking up with this Bangkok legend.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 11:34, asianbrizz said:

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, but I've been in Thailand almost a decade now. Moved from BKK to Koh Samui about a year ago, and I'm loving this place. It's a beautiful island holiday away from the hustle and bustle, but there are still some pockets of nightlife here and there. Even with COVID ripping through Thailand, there are good spots for ladies here, and if you like your ladies a little more tanned, this is the place to be. 

Chaweng has a couple of great spots: Soi Green Mango (unofficially named after the Green Mango bar, at one end of the soi) has beer bars and a bunch of spots where you can play pool, and even a disco or two in the back. Not far away, Soi Reggae is a small strip of beer bars that are starting to get busier by the week...COVID slowed everything to a crawl, but things are picking up and you can find great fun in these spots in Chaweng.

If you prefer the southern tip of the island, there are a number of great spots in Lamai, along Soi Had Lamai. Beer bars, lots of place with pool tables, and a couple bigger spots with live bands. There are also two spots with circular, open-air bars built around a bar in the center, in traditional Pattaya style. One spot with a few bars behind the McDonald's on Soi Had Lamai, and one more spot about 100m south of that. 

Kph Samui is quiet, but if you want an island getaway with a bit of nightlife thrown in for good measure, it's a great location. There is lots of good food all over the place. You'll likely need to ride your own motorbike, but it's fairly easy compared to BKK or Patts...no traffic lights to speak of, and a large ring road encircles the entire island (which you can circumnavigate in less than 2 hours). There are taxis and songtaews, but a motorbike is certainly my recommendation.

I'm happy to help anyone who wants more information or advice, so hit me up here or by private message. If you make it down and want to meet up for a Sangsom, we might be able to arrange that, too.

Thinking of heading to Koh Samui for a few days, but bringing "talent" with me.

Are the nightlife spots enough to keep a TG happy?

Neither of us have any interest in diving, so I was concerned we (well....SHE! 555) would be bored out of our skulls, even with a short trip of about 3 days.

I am petrified of motorbikes, so what is the taxi/songtaew situation like? Is Bolt or Grab available?

5 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Thinking of heading to Koh Samui for a few days, but bringing "talent" with me.

Are the nightlife spots enough to keep a TG happy?

Neither of us have any interest in diving, so I was concerned we (well....SHE! 555) would be bored out of our skulls, even with a short trip of about 3 days.

I am petrified of motorbikes, so what is the taxi/songtaew situation like? Is Bolt or Grab available?

Just go to Chaweng, more than enough to keep you busy there. The nightlife is good, especially around Soi Green Mango

7 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

Just go to Chaweng, more than enough to keep you busy there. The nightlife is good, especially around Soi Green Mango

I haven't been there for a long while but chaweng entertainment areas are easy to navigate on foot. If you don't handle bikes then rent a car for the day and tour around the island, there are lots of nice places to visit.

Some rental places will let you return the car at airport so if you do the rental at the end of the trip you can avoid the cost of taxi.

I remember when I was in Phuket the cost of renting a car for one day was cheaper than the taxi trip from the airport.