IGNORED

Female Russian tourist brutally assaulted while jogging at Mabprachan reservoir in the Pattaya area

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

43015.jpg?v=1652943004

Bang Lamung, Chonburi — A 38-year-old female Russian tourist was brutally assaulted while jogging at the Mabprachan reservoir in Bang Lamung. Around 9.30 p.m. yesterday, May 18th, Pol Lt. Col. Chatchai Rakcheub from the Nong Prue Police Station responded to a physical assault of a female Russian tourist who was reportedly jogging at the Mabprachan […]

Female Russian tourist brutally assaulted while jogging at Mabprachan reservoir in the Pattaya area
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

What the hell happened to a very safe Pattaya? More and more incidents everyday it seems. 

Personally, I blame youtube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This seems not a good trend.    I used to think Patts and BKK were safer late at night than Melbourne……I’m reconsidering.   

mind you, you probably won’t find me jogging around a lake.

Lads. There's nothing new here. There's also no uptick if you compare to Patts in full swing. Shit happens everywhere in the world. And, for my money, and given what this place is about, I'm amazed at how safe it is. I guess that's why these stories have such impact (bit similar, perhaps, to the Ko Tao stuff that was blown out of proportion.)

Edit: Let me elaborate a bit: A person was assaulted on a jog (haven't read the details. But betting they are scarce.) That has no connection to the other recent hot story of an idiot assaulting someone in a gym. Nor has it the slightest (known) connection to LBs snatching stuff from people along the beach (which, again, has been a common thing for ages.)

Edited by Thomaz73
More info
  • Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

28 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Lads. There's nothing new here. There's also no uptick if you compare to Patts in full swing. Shit happens everywhere in the world. And, for my money, and given what this place is about, I'm amazed at how safe it is. I guess that's why these stories have such impact (bit similar, perhaps, to the Ko Tao stuff that was blown out of proportion.)

Edit: Let me elaborate a bit: A person was assaulted on a jog (haven't read the details. But betting they are scarce.) That has no connection to the other recent hot story of an idiot assaulting someone in a gym. Nor has it the slightest (known) connection to LBs snatching stuff from people along the beach (which, again, has been a common thing for ages.)

So, are you saying these crimes were always happening, but we just never heard about it?

That's possible I guess. 

Edited by WhiteThai

LB's stealing necklaces on Beach Road, also Thai men on Motobikes snatching them; in addition many Indian guys getting a Police Report for their insurance...😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

20 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

So, are you saying these crimes were always happening, but we just never heard about it?

No. I heard about it. Long before living here. Idiot farangs getting into fights. Various levels of problems with muggins or worse by locals. But, again, considering the nature of the place, I always felt it was blown out of proportion. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

That's possible I guess. 

Somewhat true. The only crimes we hear about are the ones that get reported to the police with an official report made and if they are also considered "newsworthy" I guess.

49 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

(haven't read the details. But betting they are scarce.)

They are saying attempted sexual assault, but got overpowered, not a robbery as no valuables were taken. Woman covered in blood and a long blood trail from where she was attacked. Pretty brutal. 

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Woman covered in blood and a long blood trail from where she was attacked. Pretty brutal

Right. Terrible! I wasn't trying to say otherwise. It's more about the frenzied reaction. Like there's some sort of connection to other recent stories. 

There are horrors happening anywhere under the sun. But, again, I feel remarkably safe here.

• Like 2

Feel sorry for the lady, but you'd think that a female tourist in a foreign country would have some realisation of the potential danger she could be in. She couldn't have picked a worse place for a female to jog alone,  just look at the pic above, and where she was attacked.

I've seen almost the exact same surroundings, but as a police crime scene photo, where a  woman has been attacked, raped or murdered, on multiple different true crime programs on the Crime and Investigation channel.

38 minutes ago, Petesie said:

LB's stealing necklaces on Beach Road, also Thai men on Motobikes snatching them; in addition many Indian guys getting a Police Report for their insurance...😐

yeah i saw a necklace snatch in soi diana ...............2 on a motorcy with the shotgun passenger as the snatcher in the year 2000. nothing new but still rare here to a lot of other countries.

18 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

Feel sorry for the lady, but you'd think that a female tourist in a foreign country would have some realisation of the potential danger she could be in. She couldn't have picked a worse place for a female to jog alone,  just look at the pic above, and where she was attacked.

I've seen almost the exact same surroundings, but as a police crime scene photo, where a  woman has been attacked, raped or murdered, on multiple different true crime programs on the Crime and Investigation channel.

Maybe so but victim blaming is never the way to go. Article points out she has jogged that way many times and never an incident. Maybe she felt safe like many other do/did in Pattaya, even in an area like that.

Edited by Ohyesuare

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

Maybe so but victim blaming is never the way to go. Article points out she has jogged that way many times and never an incident. Maybe she felt safe like many other do/did in Pattaya, even in an area like that.

Get your point, but everyone should take precautions to protect their personal safety,and not invite any potential incidents that may happen. Especially lone females.

36 minutes ago, Dutcher said:

Jesus Christ that's brutal,  that poor girl.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

We often take our wee dog for walks along the lake; there is a lot of people living wild in the woods.

Daytime is usually safe as there’s lots of walkers & cyclists around but I’d be wary at night…yet to see a CCTV camera there…

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

22 hours ago, Farangkie said:

Get your point, but everyone should take precautions to protect their personal safety,and not invite any potential incidents that may happen. Especially lone females.

Yes Pattaya has a shitlode of local male lowlifes. They have the motive and the means to screw you over one way or another. Do not give them the opportunity.