Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Samsung S10 with Thai sim? Does it work?

Sorry for the newbie question. I know almost nothing about mobile phones, except how to call with them.

Is it possible to use a European issued Samsung S10 phone with a Thai sim card in Thailand? Or do Thai networks use different frequencies then in Europe? As far as I know the phone is not simlocked.

I would like to take this old S10 with me and use it as a mongering phone during my stay in Patts early June, to read the forum, use ThaiFriendly and Line. 

I have a Apple iPhone bought in Australia, now unlocked: take it regularly to Thailand.

I buy Thai SIM card and package at BKK airport - stall puts the SIM card in, checks it is working and puts your home card in envelope so you do not lose it. Takes less than 5 minutes. Stalls are in Baggage hall and just outside.

dtac HAPPY TOURIST SIM | dtac is the one I buy. Just check the prices are current.

I use an old S8 when i am in Thailand. The mobile phone places at Bangkok airport will put the sim card in it and set it all up for you. Nothing to worry about.

Testicles

As long as the phone is unlocked you shouldn't  have a problem. Keep your home country sim in a safe place AND remember  where you put it and swap them back again while  your waiting to board your flight home.

Remember  to bring  the little tool to remove the sim card tray so you can swap it back. 

My carrier locked S10 5G works with a Thai sim.