IGNORED

Taxi from Don Muaeng Airport to Pattaya

zen88

Does anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi from a stand at this airport to Pattaya, without arranging it in advance.

Any ideas on price?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, zen88 said:

Does anyone know how easy it is to get a taxi from a stand at this airport to Pattaya, without arranging it in advance.

Any ideas on price?

Thanks.

1200-1800....usually not easy as they won't want to go that far...but some will.

MUCH better to set up in advance...you don't pre-pay ever...and you will get MUCH better rates...there are tons of known taxi services mentioned here as well as ones that aren't.

Good luck!

Edited by The Danimal
  • Like 2

Mr T’s website is showing 1500฿ DM to Pattaya. 

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Taxi's make you pay the tolls too.

A scheduled driver has the cost built in.

• Like 3

Minibus from airport carpark (walk right after exiting main entrance for 50 metres) about 50 baht to Suvarnabhumi, then Airportpattaya bus from gate 8 ground level 130 baht to Jomtien, stops Pattaya Nua, Klang and Tai.

It’s a complete pain in the arse from DMK. Grab and Bolt can’t come to the main pick up area and (or wouldn’t last week anyway) and the official stand is more expensive and a pain in the arse

recommend booking with Nams and arranging where you will meet in advance  

Edited by Gonetothedogs

6 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

recommend booking with Nans and arranging where you will meet in advance

I'm betting this should be Nam's taxi. Best service around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

18 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

It’s a complete pain in the arse from DMK. Grab and Bolt can’t come to the main pick up area and (or wouldn’t last week anyway) and the official stand is more expensive and a pain in the arse

11 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

I'm betting this should be Nam's taxi. Best service around.

She doesn’t quote to Don Mueang on her website and I recall her saying a while back that drivers didn’t like going there. Still worth asking.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

There is an organised taxi rank now at Don Muang (used to be a shambles) to get a taxi. Do not know how much to Pattaya. Guess about 2000 bahts.

33 minutes ago, 4niceight said:

Minibus from airport carpark (walk right after exiting main entrance for 50 metres) about 50 baht to Suvarnabhumi, then Airport Pattaya bus from gate 8 ground level 130 baht to Jomtien, stops Pattaya Nua, Klang and Tai.

Check timetable  Jomtien-BKK airport bus: does it suit you? Could be lengthy trip. And when you got off the bus you have still to get from the bus stop to your hotel at extra cost. Plus your baggage.

Bell Bus used to run from BKK airport to Pattaya bus station, where you switch to minibus on to your hotel door. About 250 bahts. When I was in Thailand in March the service was suspended because of Covid.  Has it restarted yet?  Bell Travel Service

Easiest and fastest is  Nams taxi, if you can get an advance booking. From Suvarnabhumi the fare is 1200 or 1400 bahts depending on car size, plus your tip of usually 200 bahts. Need to check price from Don Muang.

25 minutes ago, davidge said:

She doesn’t quote to Don Mueang on her website and I recall her saying a while back that drivers didn’t like going there. Still worth asking.

If that’s the case then I don’t blame them. It’s the last holdout of the Bangkok taxi mafia 

12 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Grab will pick you up at Departures.  I landed in from CM last week and there was no issue at all with me doing that.

Mind you I was going into town not Pattaya.

I'm not quite sure how much info Grab drivers get about the fare - if I ever were to order a grab so far, I'd tell them before they came.  Give them the oppurtunity to cancel as some might see it as a good oppurtunity - others are going to be super bitter about having to come 2 hours back to BKK with an empty load.

Years ago I arrived at Don Muang airport in Bangkok; think I'd flown there on AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur.

Took bus the short distance to Mo Chit bus station. From there got bus direct to Pattaya bus station.

See  Mo Chit Bus Terminal Bangkok - Northern Bus Terminal in Bangkok - Go Guides (hotels.com)

12 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Years ago I arrived at Don Muang airport in Bangkok; think I'd flown there on AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur.

Took bus the short distance to Mo Chit bus station. From there got bus direct to Pattaya bus station.

See  Mo Chit Bus Terminal Bangkok - Northern Bus Terminal in Bangkok - Go Guides (hotels.com)

I did this in July 2018 and found it a slight hassle .I had a large case, having flown in from Laos, and the bus from DM didn't go all the way to Mo Chit. No one on the bus spoke English and I was put onto another bus with some sign language to help. At the bus station the bus dropped me off and I was somehow in an indoor market which seemed like a maze until I found myself in the bus station! in 2019 doing the reverse journey from Pattaya to DM using Nam's taxi service.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone.

I contacted Nams taxi, she quoted TBH 1500.

Looks like the best option, as long as they turn up at the meeting point, as I won't have a Thai sim to call them when I arrive.

Same as people do for BKK, just arrange for a taxi to pick you up at DMK,  its very simple & cheaper than just getting a taxi at the airport itself

Everytime I have arranged for a taxi to pick me up at either BKK or DMK, they have been waiting at the arranged location for me