IGNORED

Mobility Scooter Rentals & Personal care assistance rental for 24/7

koolgirl1985

Hi just inquiring can you rent a mobility scooter Electric small one for disabled person in Pattaya.

I have booked a ticket from ireland to Bangkok through Emirates and have a transit in Dubai airport for only (2.30) two hours and thirty minutes. I’m traveling as always with my own scooter but if by any bad luck happens and my scooter doesn’t arrive with me to Bangkok airport and i I’m left over without it. I cannot walk and will be in a terrible condition if this happens. My whole two weeks holidays will be ruined. So alternative will be to rent a mobility scooter in Pattaya.

is there any wheelchair rental or mobility scooter rental place in Pattaya?

If I’m renting or buying a wheelchair (which can also be my alternative if cannot rent a mobility scooter) is there a personal care assistant i can hire for two weeks in Pattaya.

i hope someone in the forum can give me some info for a worst case scenario.

Thanks

Just a heads up, Thailand in general is not very handicapped friendly, most of what passes for wheelchair ramps are very steep. 

Please make sure you research your hotels and make sure that they can accommodate your needs.

Edited by Roadglide

14 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

Just a heads up, Thailand in general is not very handicapped friendly, most of what passes for wheelchair ramps are very steep. 

Please make sure you research your hotels and make sure that they can accommodate your needs.

Thanks for the advice. I have been to Pattaya plenty times and I’m aware of the ramps. I have booked my hotel as usual which is wheelchair accessible.

the only thing I’m worried is there any business whom rents mobility scooter for disabled and to get someone as personal care assistant. 

I usually travel with my wife but she will not be traveling in this trip.

And where can i buy a standard normal wheelchair, will it be Pharmacy who sells them or somewhere else.

Fascino Pharmacy in north Pattaya sells wheelchairs, both normal and powered.

Sorry, the place I knew that hired mobility Scooters (in Jomtien Complex Condo) no longer does so. Hopefully, an expat will be able to tell you of somewhere.

• Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”