IGNORED

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

ROIDFREAK

In October last year I had booked tickets for my family to go to Phuket. Didnt realise my father's passport was expired till going to the airport. Bought the tickets on the internet and when explained the situation to the staff at Check in they told us to cancel the ticket, go to the embassy and get an emergency passport made the next day and fly next day. We were told that upon doing this we would be refunded ALL the taxes but just lose the ticket price..Since the tickets were on special offer for £349.95 and the YQ TAX £205 and 2 other taxes £70.90, my father would only lose £75..

So he did what they advised and got a direct flight the following morning and met up with my sisters and mother in LOS.

Due to running my fathers business, I was due to fly out next week but since we had acquired a contract and it had been finalised early, I decided to go a week early too and cancel my flight and forfeit only £75. I confirmed this with Etihad's Head office and went after buying a ticket in 2 days.

Upon returning we were refunded only

Edited by ROIDFREAK

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Thanks for the heads up and for the number... that could well come in handy.

Glad you have finally got it sorted in the end... just shows that it does pay to keep at them.

I fly with eithad too and have say service is great! but as for contacting them etc. forget about it!

i am trying claim flyer miles now for 10months and they dont even reply or give ref numbers!!!

" To the brave, nothing is impossible"

sounds familiar,last trip i tried book wit them over net as it was cheapest i seen,filled in every thing credit cadr info etc.page is stallin for a good 5 mins and i get timed out. start again a minute later and flight is gone up 150 euro.fuck that.so itried wit another company got it for 20 euro less than original price of etihad.

i get call next day sayin credit card has no funds on it,i ring bank they say last payment was to etihad airways-those fuckers didnt even send me an email or any thing,i lodge money to pay for the cheaper ticket and cancel wit etihad,"yes yes sir we will refund you"...........2 months passes and many phone calls later those sneaky fuckers eventually pay up,they even left me on hold for 35 mins to see how determined i was.

but despite this im flyin to thailand wit them in few days as there the cheapest i cud get but i will never book them through their own website its actually dearer i book through etravel.ie

i had an incident with them last year when i purchased a 1 way ticket from bkk to lhr but i was fully refunded within a month plus bonus airmiles

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for your feedback in respect of your recent experiences with Etihad Airways. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you. Without wanting to make excuses I should like to explain that we are currently experiencing system problems which have caused delays in responding to our guests.

I am very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the level of service you received from our staff in Bangkok recently. We expect our people to deal with our customers efficiently and professionally. We do not like to hear and we are always very concerned when we learn that a member of our staff was perceived by one of our customers to have been unprofessional or unhelpful. I understand your annoyance, I can imagine how upsetting this was for you. I hope you can accept my sincere apology for any disappointment.

Due to personal commitments you were required to travel a day later from Bangkok which you tried to arrange via our airport office. The original fare of your booking was Q class, unfortunately this fare was not available on the following flight, our colleagues explained that they had to upsell your ticket to a higher fare. Reading your reservation it shows that they sent a request for a new fare and authorization to reissue your ticket has it was an internet booking.

I do apologise for they way this was handled, the procedure was not clearly explained to you. As a result you had to purchase new tickets on a alternative carrier. Please could you forward your passport copy and the credit card details on which you purchased online to arrange a refund of your ticket. I will liaise with my colleagues in finance to arrange accordingly.

We are very conscious you have a choice of airline carriers. To compete successfully, we have to deliver our normal friendly and professional service at all times. Your custom is important to us and I would like you to continue to travel with us. Having encountered the incidences you experienced you would have apprehensions of travelling with Etihad in the future. I can understand how annoyed and frustrated you must feel experiencing, as you did, a succession of service failures. Etihad Airways is an airline with a very particular commitment to customer service. Clearly in this instance we failed and I apologise for that.

I do apologise for any disappointment and inconvenience caused to you Mr XXXXXX. As way of a service recovery for the inconvenience you endured we would like to offer you 3,000 Etihad Guest Miles to be awarded to your account, if you wish to avail to our offer please confirm to enable us to credit your account.

Once again, we would like to offer our sincere apologies and hope that we can look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you on board Etihad in the near future when we trust we can deliver the highest levels of customer service.

Yours faithfully,

Denise Chance

Guest Affairs

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your email.

I have liaised with my colleagues from revenue accounts and enquired about the refund and what documenation is required. They advised passport copy and card number.

Your account has been credited 3000 miles.

Look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Denise Chance

Edited by deadman

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Guys, just checked my account today and they refunded me £74.00 too much :)

Initially they had refunded two taxes totalling £70.90 but didnt refund the £205 YQ tax.. After I hounded them relentlessly, they have refunded a further 279.00, that with the original 70.90 comes to £349.90 - the entire amount for the ticket where they are supposed to refund me only 275.90 :)

They also refunded

Edited by ROIDFREAK

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Guys, just checked my account today and they refunded me £74.00 too much :)

Initially they had refunded two taxes totalling £70.90 but didnt refund the £205 YQ tax.. After I hounded them relentlessly, they have refunded a further 279.00, that with the original 70.90 comes to £349.90 - the entire amount for the ticket where they are supposed to refund me only 275.90 :)

They also refunded ?349 to my father's account too..

well done roidy! make sure you dont tell em about the

Edited by deadman

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif