Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airport taxis

Roadglide

Does anyone know if the airport taxis on the lower level at BKK are operating?

1 hour ago, Roadglide said:

Does anyone know if the airport taxis on the lower level at BKK are operating?

yes, everything normal. 

they never stopped operating (or only for a short time), unless i'm mistaken. i think there was always at least some form of domestic travel allowed. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

4 minutes ago, petehoax said:

yes, everything normal. 

they never stopped operating (or only for a short time), unless i'm mistaken. i think there was always at least some form of domestic travel allowed. 

Thank you, Pete

are these taxis around 24/7, or just during business hours?

16 hours ago, MisterLongFace said:

are these taxis around 24/7, or just during business hours?

24/7

• Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

Quicker and cheaper way to get from Suvarnabhumi airport: my experience getting to usual hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11 -

Follow signs down lift or by escalator to station in basement of the terminal. Train ticket 40 bahts at machine or counter. Very frequent fast trains; about 20 minutes to Makkasan station.

Follow signs to taxi rank at street level. Taxi about 80 bahts to Sukhumvit Road area.

if you want to tip (it is not obligatory) give the driver 100 baht note.

• 2 weeks later...

what are the taxi rate's from suv airport to nana soi 4. Have they increased because of the fuel issues?

2 hours ago, scubaadiver56 said:

what are the taxi rate's from suv airport to nana soi 4. Have they increased because of the fuel issues?

bkk taxi(meter) rate is the same as it was in the last few years (unless it has increased very recently, but i haven't heard anything like that). 

cost to soi 4 from suvarnabhumi will depend on the traffic when you exit the express road + on soi 3.
if i had to guess, i'd say ~270 for fare + 50thb airport pick-up surcharge + express road costs (don't remember, 35thb?), so normally in the area of 350 - 400, maybe a little bit lower. 

edit: i just remembered they added a luggage charge if you come from the airport. 20thb per large bag (small bag free): https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/easy/2021603/taxi-passengers-now-face-luggage-charges#:~:text=Taxi passengers travelling to and,100 baht extra for luggage.

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 2