IGNORED

Best/easiest way from Pattaya to Hua Hin

filipef

Right now, or in near future, what is/will be the best/easiest/cheapest way to go from Pattaya to Hua Hin (and back)?

I intend to have my base in Pattaya but i would like to go to Hua Hin, maybe stay there 2-3 days to look around, feel the atmosphere, etc, and go back.

I understand the ferry is not working, right?

Best: taxi

Easiest: taxi

Cheapest: buses

Pretty sure the ferry is unlikely to start up again.

There used to be a bus from Pattaya to Hua Hin but don’t know if it still runs? If not, you’d have to change in Bangkok. Guessing 5-6 hours???

Another guess, but 2000-2500 each way for a taxi??

I know some BMs have done the journey fairly recently so, hopefully, they’ll answer.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Taxi for me.   Pre covid.  BKK to Hua Hin was 2500.    

There is a bkk to HH train but effectively you need a taxi each end which is a pain and it’s always seemed too hard to book on line.  

I took the suicide bus one year but never again.    Had to get to a special bus station first and lost a few years of life during the trip.    

Taxi for me.

I drove to Hua Hin as a stop over on my way to Phuket  a year and a half ago. I have no idea as to what a taxi charge would be, but if you have a Thai DL you might want to consider comparing prices vs renting a car. Having your own vehicle could be an advantage in exploring the greater Hua Hin area.

I think the 5-6 hour estimate is a little light. I would guess a little longer. hmm - just checked Google Maps and it says 4.5 hours, but that is at midnight. The construction impact on the highways that are the Southern bypass of entering Bangkok were a problem when I did it. Maybe that has changed.

Also, if anyone reads this and thinks about making a bike ride, motor bikes are not allowed on the better highways that will pop in Google Maps. A bike ride would be longer and a phone mount on your bike for GPS purposes would be recommended for a trip like this.

Also, to the OP, consider what area of Hua Hin yu want to stay in as this does affect your car rental decision. My TGF used to live in Cha Am, so we stayed a little North of Hua Hin. There are some great hotels there. The Sheraton looked very nice and one could use points there.

Just in case anyone is interested, here is the link to the overall Phuket Trip that I did.

i traveled from Pattaya to Hua Hin in two stages . first a cheap bus to  Bangkok and stayed a night there and then next day

a taxi to Hua Hin. its not a cheap way of going there but it makes it comfortable and by western standards its not that

expensive.

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I drove to Hua Hin as a stop over on my way to Phuket  a year and a half ago. I have no idea as to what a taxi charge would be, but if you have a Thai DL you might want to consider comparing prices vs renting a car. Having your own vehicle could be an advantage in exploring the greater Hua Hin area.

I think the 5-6 hour estimate is a little light. I would guess a little longer. hmm - just checked Google Maps and it says 4.5 hours, but that is at midnight. The construction impact on the highways that are the Southern bypass of entering Bangkok were a problem when I did it. Maybe that has changed.

Also, if anyone reads this and thinks about making a bike ride, motor bikes are not allowed on the better highways that will pop in Google Maps. A bike ride would be longer and a phone mount on your bike for GPS purposes would be recommended for a trip like this.

Also, to the OP, consider what area of Hua Hin yu want to stay in as this does affect your car rental decision. My TGF used to live in Cha Am, so we stayed a little North of Hua Hin. There are some great hotels there. The Sheraton looked very nice and one could use points there.

Just in case anyone is interested, here is the link to the overall Phuket Trip that I did.

driving is not an option for me. I am used to drive on the right side of the road and the few times i've tried driving in Thailand were not good for my heart condition....

But thanks!

Easy enough to take a bus from Pattaya to the BKK airport, then switch and get on a bus for Hua Hin.

• Like 3

Nams taxis do Hua Hin for 3000B. Last time I did Patts - HH I left at 5am to beat the traffic 4hrs total pre Covid but in March 2022 I left from the airport BKK at 11am & the traffic was not too bad.

https://www.namstaxiladydrivers.com/services

www.sugarcanemafia.com

1 hour ago, pattayagolf said:

great VIP Bus from Foodmart bus station now started again from 18 April

large seats, only 23 seater coach

Get seat numbers 1, 4,7 , 10, 13 for an individual seat if you are alone

Can be booked 2 days in advance, takes about 5 hours

Departs daily Pattaya-Hua Hin 10.30 am

Returns Hua Hin - Pattaya 11.00 am

Price 426 b one way

So that must be this one.

https://airporthuahinbus.com/pattaya-to-hua-hin/

5 hours on bus , I think I’ll manage that cos I have done Noi Khai to Pattaya bus which was over 10 hours journey, a torture .  

4 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

s plane an option?

There are no commercial flights available at present. I did the road trip Pattaya to Hua Hin  2 years ago - took 8hrs due to road works! I would think the roadworks less of an issue now.   

I used the ferry twice which was really comfortable. Unfortunately no longer an option.   

• Like 1