Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visit visa? All together 3 months.....

chang beer

I have always had non immigrant OA visa for 1 year each time there. But I just heard about this Visit visa which is good for 2 months and can be extended an additional 1 month. Total of 3 months. Have been spending time in other parts and was thinking Heck. 3 or 4 months is perfect for me. Not too long and not too short. Do I need to visit Thai embassy a head of time to sign up for this? Because I have also read that 1 month tourist visa can be extended by 2 months if you pay for the service...6200 baht.  All these different visa types are driving me crazy.

Thank you. Happy mongering

Tourist visa is 60 days, can extend for additional 30 days for 3 months total. Visit visa offering exactly the same thing, sounds like a marketing ploy to separate people from their money.

Where are you from? 

Yes, you can get a tourist visa. Valid for three months and will give you a 60 day stamp on arrival. You can extend for 30 more. 

The two months extensions are covid specific. And will likely be a thing of the past very soon.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanx Thomas and White Thai...Alright...so it's doable. But I'm an American living in Philippines so might be a problem? Do I get that from US embassy? I'm guessing yes ..You'd have to...

Happy mongering

No, you can get a tourist visa from foreign embassies/consulates. The one in Manila used to have a bad reputation, though. No idea what it would be like now. You might be able to apply online. Check their website to start.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanx Thomas. Was just there...website. US Embassy

3 minutes ago, chang beer said:

Thanx Thomas. Was just there...website. US Embassy

Try here https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ 

60 day Tourist visa can be extended only once for 30 days. The 30 days visa exempt you get when you arrive in Thailand without a visa can also be extended for 30 days only once. There are 60 day "covid extensions" which as of now are ending around May 24th. Was your previous visa for retirement or marriage/visiting family? Because you are calling it a visit visa so I'm confused.

• Like 2

My prior visas were non immigrant oa as I stayed there for 2 to 3 years per visit and renew my O.A each year. but since I split my time between Phil's and Thailand I just want 3 months per visit now. I think the covit visa for 60 days got me confused.  I discovered that I can get 2 months tourist and extend that an additional month which I knew nothing about. So the only way to get 2 months tourist visa going in is to get it from U.S embassy correct? I'm in Philippines and not in the states so. I attempted to chat with the embassy here in manila but the line kept cutting off.

Thank you.    Happy mongering

1 hour ago, chang beer said:

My prior visas were non immigrant oa as I stayed there for 2 to 3 years per visit and renew my O.A each year. but since I split my time between Phil's and Thailand I just want 3 months per visit now. I think the covit visa for 60 days got me confused.  I discovered that I can get 2 months tourist and extend that an additional month which I knew nothing about. So the only way to get 2 months tourist visa going in is to get it from U.S embassy correct? I'm in Philippines and not in the states so. I attempted to chat with the embassy here in manila but the line kept cutting off.

Thank you.    Happy mongering

Yes, since you are in the Philippines, your only option for a 60 day tourist visa is to apply in person at the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate.

E-visas have been introduced, i.e. online. No need to attend Embassy or consulate nor send your passport in the post. Simply print off the QR that they e-mail you.

Check to see if you can do this as an American citizen.

15 hours ago, penboy said:

E-visas have been introduced, i.e. online. No need to attend Embassy or consulate nor send your passport in the post. Simply print off the QR that they e-mail you.

Check to see if you can do this as an American citizen.

You r da man.. I think this might just work Penboy..just been to the website...thanx a lot. Happy mongering

3 hours ago, chang beer said:

You r da man.. I think this might just work Penboy..just been to the website...thanx a lot. Happy mongering

The website I gave you yesterday https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ is the one you use to apply for an e-visa but it says US citizens whose current location is the Philippines are not eligible to apply online for some reason and must do it in person at an embassy or consulate. Not sure why current location matters for an e-visa but that's what the website says.