IGNORED

Business Class to BKK

JA01_

Hi All,

New to the forum but not to the Ladyboys/TS scene.  Only been to Thailand once - 5 years ago, although Ive had many TS experiences locally in the states.  My question is relating to Business Class costs.  I flew Economy on my first trip and NEVER AGAIN will I repeat that.  My legs and feet were numb half way through each flight.  Sleep was impossible.  Anyway, I’ve been looking through Premium Economy seats recently and I am thinking why not just go up to Business Class if good flights in Premium Economy are upwards of $3k+?? I will be flying out of SFO.  What would Business Class typically cost pre-Covid, compared to what it is now? I am seeing $4K - $6k rates, which on the higher end of that would be a pass.  Please advise on what I should expect and how I should go about it? 

Thanks. 

😅 I thought I was on the LB chat.  Oh well… any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

Why not use kayak to get price approximates and then go directly to the airline to book?

I always book now directly with the airlines as it’s easier to deal with them than a third party for issues.  May also get better baggage allowance.

• Like 3

Yeah I agree.  I guess my question aligns more with what I should view as a decent price, and also my curiosity towards how Business class pricing has been altered since 2020.  

Most that fly business class on the forum are involved in the accumulation of airline points and miles so they can fly biz for free or at a much reduced cost. Points can be gotten through new credit card offers and regular spending. Something to think about...

I was offered a business class upgrade on United/All Nippon Airways for an  additional $5100, I paid $850 for the economy. I may upgrade to premium economy for around $200 before my trip. 

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

46 minutes ago, forqalso said:

I was offered a business class upgrade on United/All Nippon Airways for an  additional $5100, I paid $850 for the economy. I may upgrade to premium economy for around $200 before my trip. 

Only $200 more for Premium? How? Short distance? 

10 minutes ago, JA01_ said:

Only $200 more for Premium? How? Short distance? 

Their website might have been a bait and switch.  It said upgrade to Premium Economy for $197 but I just looked at it to do so, and it wasn’t available for my ticket. I booked on orbitz, good price $850 but shitty times. Noon out of sfo, midnight into BKK.  I’ve always had the midnight departure and morning arrival into Suvarnabhumi.  I booked this United/ANA/ AIR Japan because Taipei is still iffy. 
In the past, I could get the upgrade on China Airlines for around two hundred. 

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

4 hours ago, JA01_ said:

I am seeing $4K - $6k rates,

My favorite place for checking international flight prices is bt-store.com

In the attached screen capture, you will see that the prices you found are the most accurate.  This was for a departure in mid June so that it was 30 days in advance.

I don't pay cash for flights, so I really can't help you about pre-Covid prices, buy my guess it $4k isn't a bad deal.  

There is a thread on this forum started in 2013 extolling business class flights under $2k.  So 9 years later, it is less than double.  

flights.jpg.e475918e9600a32812d85c60a664ca46.jpg

• Like 2

Already 2 threads. Here’s the one in the correct part of the forum:

As for fares, recently there has been a huge jump. They are now 50-100% more expensive than pre-Covid on most routes.

I’m locking this thread now. Further discussion can take place in the long running thread.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• davidge locked this topic