IGNORED

Tourist visas to Thailand free from your home country until June 20

Mr.DreamTransport

Just figured I would let you guys know that all Tourist visas being issued in the states, single or multiple entry, at this time are being given out free of charge until June 20th. So those of you coming in on tourist visas, it'll save you a little bit of green if doing it at home instead of waiting to get to LOS. The embassy said it was the same for everywhere when applying in your home country to help encourage tourism, so check to be certain it just isn't the states thats doing the freebies.

They have also reduced the costs on some of the other visas, for specific costs and visa types, check with your local Thai embassy.

Hope that helps a few of you guys out.

Do you mean that we will have to pay for a visitors visa?

I mean that tourist visas, even multiple entry will be free of charge at the Thai consulates in our home countries until June 20. So as far as Visa on arrival, not sure about that.

Is there an opening date for your new beachfront hotel yet ???.. Does it have a name ??

Ive not seen any new builds along the Jontiem beach area, where is it located ??

Edited by gordy

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

You could always do 'visa runs' from the hotel once its up and running.. :Crazy1:

:NoNo3::Insanity::ThumbDown1::SoWhat1:

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

this news came out about a month ago...

http://www.ftnnews.com/content/view/5132/32/lang,english/

I'm glad to see they are following through on it and the news is spreading....thx

Edited by SoCo MoFo

Eat. Down. South.

This is quite handy for those that want to open a bank account with a bank that insist on a 90 day visa as the minimum requirement.

Pity for me they didnt move more quickly on this...........wasnt it "promised" in ealy Jan that the fees would likely be waived

I had to pay for mine for a trip in Feb/March

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Good news, but the Thai consulate in Hull is only offering the concession on single entry tourist visas (with confirmed return ticket).

This is only relevant if you are staying longer than 30 days, since you don't need anything if you are only staying that long.

You could always do 'visa runs' from the hotel once its up and running.. :)

Think about how intelligent you just made yourself sound. Doing a visa run, when we're talking about visas issued in peoples home countries.

If your going to try and insult someone, at least make the insult seem feesable, or at least more in line with whats actually being said.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the embassy applied for a triple entry 60 day tourist visa and no charge :)

Save me $110 I can spend in Thailand instead :)

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

I went to the Thai consulate in Cardiff, Wales middle of February.

Renewed my "Multi-entry, 90 day type "O" visa". Asked if free told "No" so a 100 quid was handed over.

Informed that since the running cost's of the Honuary Consulates were paid by the visa fees then the Thai goverment would have to re-imburse the Consulates. They said the Thai goverment representatives in the Embassy in London, never replied.

If they are doing the free visa thing then good.

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

Think about how intelligent you just made yourself sound. Doing a visa run, when we're talking about visas issued in peoples home countries.

If your going to try and insult someone, at least make the insult seem feesable, or at least more in line with whats actually being said.

Good for you mate.

I think the free bit is for tourist visas only, friends of mine last month got free double entry visas in Vientiane, I am back to UK next month but need a multi non immigrant so I expect I will have to pay.