Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Landmark or Sofitel?

slalom

Hi Guys

I've got provisional bookings for both Landmark & Sofitel both are 100% free cancelations. I've previously stayed at Sofitel but not Landmark, can't decide which to keep and will appreciate input from members who have stayed at either/preferably both hotels.

7 nights duration,

Sofitel Luxury Room (standard room actually) including breakfast £561.24     bht 24500

Landmark Premium Club Room with breakfast and club room benefits £810.18   bht 35300

Thanks in advance.

Can't speak to the rooms at either, but the Landmark reportedly has one of the top steak restaurants in Bangkok, Rib Room & Bar.

If you chose to stay there, it would be worth checking out for a special meal.

I had the best meal of my life there, but it wasn't the food; it was the company - 4 close friends of mine (one of whom has since passed), and I've never laughed so hard in my life. To this day, we still laugh about the conversation that night.

• Like 1

I’ve stayed at Landmark a few times on my trips and I haven’t had any issues. I like the restaurant downstairs and the gym is great. For me it was always easy access to Nana too. But I can’t speak for Sofitel however there’s a recent review to help.

I have never stayed at Sofitel,  have stayed at Landmark several times out of several close to Nana. The main reason has been the Huntsman Pub  - you can go there if you stay elsewhere, I know, but its a great place to spend an evening before Nana. They used to have a terrific band and you can get a descent dinner. I have also had enjoyable conversations with total strangers, some Freelancers go there and sit by the bar. 

Gym and Pool is OK, as mentioned by another poster there is a recommendable steak restaurant , however I did not eat there. 

As said , you can frequent the Huntsman and stay somewhere still OK at a lower rate.  I don't think it matters to the Nana girls that you stay there or elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Laid Back Larry said:

I have never stayed at Sofitel,  have stayed at Landmark several times out of several close to Nana. The main reason has been the Huntsman Pub  - you can go there if you stay elsewhere, I know, but its a great place to spend an evening before Nana. They used to have a terrific band and you can get a descent dinner. I have also had enjoyable conversations with total strangers, some Freelancers go there and sit by the bar. 

Huntsman Pub comes up as "Closed Until Further Notice."

I had heard the Sunday Roast is excellent there and hope to check it out on my next trip, assuming it reopens before then.

Thanks for your input guys, I think I'm gonna go with Sofitel, I'm thinking an extra ~£300 for the Landmark's club benefit's probably isn't worth it. 

On 25/04/2022 at 11:24, Laid Back Larry said:

On 25/04/2022 at 15:01, Luv2Phuket said:

Huntsman Pub comes up as "Closed Until Further Notice."

I had heard the Sunday Roast is excellent there and hope to check it out on my next trip, assuming it reopens before then.

Bad news, Larry - I messaged the Landmark on FB and asked when the Huntsman Pub may be reopening.

They replied that it is permanently closed:

Good Morning sir, really do apologize The Huntsman Pub is permanently closed sir we looking forward to welcome you in our several restaurants in hotel sir

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Bad news, Larry - I messaged the Landmark on FB and asked when the Huntsman Pub may be reopening.

They replied that it is permanently closed:

Good Morning sir, really do apologize The Huntsman Pub is permanently closed sir we looking forward to welcome you in our several restaurants in hotel sir

Better go to Pattaya then............:)

• 4 months later...

Sadly, I don't think the plans are for the Huntsman bar in the Landmark to reopen as a bar. Heard a rumour that the refurbishment is to change it into some form of restaurant. Hope it's not true, anybody have any more info?

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to book one of the corner rooms for January, do all of these rooms face towards the Marriott side, or do any face the tall building which Is above the Kasikorn bank.

I would hate to book the above room expecting a great view of BKK only to find a massive tower block messing the view up.

I did book the corner room back In January, but it was unavailable and was upgraded to the suite.