IGNORED

Seeland Brewery - new Bavarian place on Thappraya. NOW THE BARREL HOUSE

Interesting and for sure will try but suspect, with live music, will be way too loud for me.

6 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Interesting and for sure will try but suspect, with live music, will be way too loud for me.

I think it has 4 floors so there should be a quiet corner somewhere :D

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...

Still nobody went there? Then I'm the first!!!

Ok, let's start with:

There are 2 Seeland Brewery on google maps, the one further up on the sea side of Thappraya Rd. is the right one.

Parking:
Everything is marked in red/white in front of the restaurant, but you can park your vehicle on the opposite side. At least today, no idea what it looks like on the weekend or in the high season.
There is also a sign directing to a car park and one or more golf carts for shuttle service.

IMG20220516193816.thumb.jpg.7694766cb78822bca732fae86488b9a0.jpg

Entrance:

No idea what the bouncers are there for. In the Hops, they keep the ladyboys away, who aren't welcome there. Doesn't matter. Speaking of Hops, I'll use that as a reference, only recently I have been back since a long time and I still like it. To come back to parking, Seeland may have an advantage.

You can also sit outside, but nobody wanted to today. Also a plus compared to the Hops.

IMG20220516193820.thumb.jpg.d76b4f720092b06f43ee5940fddf3e13.jpg

IMG20220516183255.thumb.jpg.17b0aca849f25644e9b8c6e8898cd1e3.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 2

Sitting:

Good that there are seat cushions. Otherwise the furniture looks a bit cheap. Other facilities and atmosphere: they try to be Bavarian, but somehow it doesn't quite come across as a whole. The Asians will probably notice it less.

Maybe it's because of the

Music:

The location of the band is a bit unusual, they probably tried to use the space somehow. However, a better place for the band would have been another restaurant. They would have fitted nicely into the Moon River Pub, but not into a brewery restaurant. Also a bit too loud.

IMG20220516183001.thumb.jpg.f482ab9c45542e838259c46524d8616f.jpg

IMG20220516183005.thumb.jpg.ece6378f128cc3ef34ab3d1df2b205f4.jpg

• Like 3

At times the songs put me in a rather depressing mood. It doesn't have to be an umpa-umpa kind of music, but I would have preferred some Bavarian mood music muffled from the loudspeakers and that would have totally upgraded the entire atmosphere. The music at Hops: I was too early on the last visit, but it used to be pretty good.

Service:

Nice clothes, but girls in dirndls should be built a little ehmmm... more lavishly. Push-up bra? Otherwise no special occurrences.

Beer:

There are 4 different home-brewed varieties that you can also test in the sample set. We started with the wheat beer and the lager, both in 0.4 l glasses.

Lager was a bit sour, as was the wheat beer. Not bad compared to a Leo or Singha, but the Hops wins in either case. My opinion and also that of Mrs. CampariO.

IMG20220516182212_BURST001_COVER.thumb.jpg.727e774dd95bf6a1142634fda2406d51.jpg

IMG20220516182242.thumb.jpg.e16f10c4262ecd370e18739685680152.jpg

But I'm wondering what the popcorn is for? Mrs. CO thought there had better be some bread. She doesn't even eat bread. But I had to agree with her and am already considering whether she should continue writing the review.

Later Mrs. CO wanted to try the Viennese beer. She liked it a lot, but I'm not into the dark stuff.

IMG20220516190714.thumb.jpg.7346c930123532f3da8d44100453896b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

Maybe I've been away from Germany for too long, or I didn't read the menu properly, but what came as a roast with a crust was impossible:

I agree, that doesn't look anything like the real deal. Thanks for your detailed report, much appreciated!

i'm thinking years ago and maybe 6/8 at least this place was going to be another Hopf (as it was known in the past before it was re-named Hops............. pattaya beach rd between 13/1 and 13/2 )

Edited by striderman

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2022 at 16:44, CampariO said:

Sauerkraut could do with cumin.

caraway seed, not cumin for the Sauerkraut. Cumin would be "Kreuzkümmel" in german :)

That would almost equal 195 Baht incl all fees calculated for half a liter of beer. And the Schweinekrustenbraten really looks disappointing. More like crispy pork Singapore style. Expected more from them. But this is a very early stage of the Seeland Brewery, it leaves plenty of room for improvement. I think Thomas can do better. Looking forward to see future reviews.

• Like 3

On 16/05/2022 at 17:55, striderman said:

i'm thinking years ago and maybe 6/8 at least this place was going to be another Hopf (as it was known in the past before it was re-named Hops............. pattaya beach rd between 13/1 and 13/2 )

Difficult as I’m not there, but I thought this place was on the left as you go towards Jomtien? The Hopf that was refitted but never opened was on the other side of the road and a bit further down towards Jomtien - next to the Global Top office?

On 16/05/2022 at 21:23, CampariO said:

The location of the band is a bit unusual,

IMG20220516183005.thumb.jpg.ece6378f128cc3ef34ab3d1df2b205f4.jpg

"The location of the band is a bit unusual, - - - "

Not really - music is supposed to be uplifting!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

Difficult as I’m not there, but I thought this place was on the left as you go towards Jomtien? The Hopf that was refitted but never opened was on the other side of the road and a bit further down towards Jomtien - next to the Global Top office?

traveling from pattaya to jomtien seeland brewery is on the right hand side just past the traffic lights at the top of the hill. i'm pretty sure same location as the never opened Hopf

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, striderman said:

traveling from pattaya to jomtien seeland brewery is on the right hand side just past the traffic lights at the top of the hill. i'm pretty sure same location as the never opened Hopf

Thanks. From what a friend told me and the website I’d thought it was t’other side of road and junction for some reason.

This is the building that was going to be a Hopf (from Google Earth):

image.jpeg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Rebranded and about to reopen, different name, same owners I suspect.

The just need to open their eyes, see what's working around there-Auld Rouges, Hemmingway's, Fraser's  etc. and try similar.

I was in Hemmingway's last night, packed-why? Sport, draught beers, good food, switched on staff- its not rocket science.

I was hoping someone like Robin Hood Tavern or Witherspoon's would open there.

• Like 2

On 17/09/2023 at 09:18, jimboh said:

Rebranded and about to reopen, different name, same owners I suspect.

The just need to open their eyes, see what's working around there-Auld Rouges, Hemmingway's, Fraser's  etc. and try similar.

I was in Hemmingway's last night, packed-why? Sport, draught beers, good food, switched on staff- its not rocket science.

I was hoping someone like Robin Hood Tavern or Witherspoon's would open there.

https://thebarrelhouse.co.th/?fbclid=IwAR2zG1J--kiOSh60pneqpuh5LcyVEJ2TcvjfIqEEkQDevktVjKHwtnJdqvs_aem_AXdq1GvtMr0r-KvXvJT-cjjqdJlnJBWzLD5OymHOWkijqlGnXdosMY69uyBlJZhSwnw

Not much detail yet but doesn’t look as if it will be much different?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, after VAT and Service Charge, a burger and chips will cost 560 baht. I look forward to reading numerous reviews.

IMG_6051.jpeg

On 28/09/2023 at 21:56, davidge said:

Apparently, after VAT and Service Charge, a burger and chips will cost 560 baht. I look forward to reading numerous reviews.

IMG_6051.jpeg

Hopefully i can try it soon and report back

Went there in May, had a couple of pretzels and a beer because my old LLT Nate works there. Dropped in to say hi. Middle of no where and seems just ok.

Countdown Clocks

A few offers from their website & FB page:

IMG_6067.jpegIMG_6068.jpeg