Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Day Out at Siam Old Course

Tuna Town

Played here in March

Green Fee 3600 baht.

Caddy/Cart 1300 baht.

So 4900 baht in total 

Use of PSC card was a 400 baht saving.

Had decided to play at Siam Country Club twice whilst I was in town. After already playing twice I was thinking about where to spend my last round at. I had been having a good trip with a lot of moderation on the sex booze etc side of things so thought if I am spending 1500 baht to play golf I might as well spend 5000 baht to play a nice track instead . 

It no different than going to a beer bar or an Agogo to Bar Fine

So I hit Siam Country Club up to see if I could get a game at either Siam Waterside or Siam Old Course. 

Email reply came back and I had the opportunity to play either course on the Friday morning at the same time prior to 0730. Figured I would take on the Siam Old Course 

I was up early for golf as per normal and had a good Thai friend staying with me overnight. She needed to head to Bangkok with her daughter this day so I dropped her off at a nearby hotel where her daughter was staying and I headed off to golf 

Arrived and was a little bit surprised to find an older style club house jammed up against the hill but once inside you realise it has been modernised and has the full bells and whistles inside 

The day I played here at Siam Old Course was only 2 weeks after the LPGA event was held on the course so the course was in beautiful condition 

Tee off early and around in about 3 hours as only myself and the caddy in our group.

Was a great run on the first 9 but slow on the second nine as was held up nearly every hole 

The practice putting green was used and it was a very steep green 

As for my golf game I play off 12 so was unimpressed with 90 off the stick around here. I just couldn't get things going and when I did the horse had bolted. 

Teed off on the 10th and just had a run of Mr Bogey until the 14th when I hit my tee shot left into the trees. No real concerns as it just had some grass amongst the trees. Couldn't find the fucker so back to the tee to play 3 and walk off with a 7. That the type of day I was having 

Ended up with 48 on the back 9

Followed it up with a 42 on the front 9 to salvage some pride

Highlights of the round was the birdie made on the 2nd. Not a long par 4. Got the tee shot away  on the fairway and ended up 60 metres out. LW out of the bag and knocked it to 4 feet and rolled in the putt.Happy Day

Also on the front 9 I hit two great shots in on the Par 3s and walked off with Pars

Lowlight was the brain fade on the 18th a Par 5 .Hit a tee shot away iron up the fairway and iron at the green over the flag . Pin just happened to be at the front and I ended up in a cunt of a spot just over the green. I stood there analysing the slope the fringe and where the ball could go and hard right leaving it short if the green appeared options. I forgot to take into account chipping it off the front of the green as an option. Proceeded to chip and just rolled it down the slope downhill past the hole and off the green so I got to chip back on from in front of the green. Cardinal sin of golf committed. Chip on and end up on the fringe.This time chose to putt and 3 putts later I am walking off with an 8. Bit frustrating when I have approached the green the first time  thinking of a birdie putt and I am getting a triple bogey 

The course is a great course and am keen to go back and have another crack as I feel I can score better. Today wasn't my day but I will be back 

After golf I had a bit of drama after having my shower I couldn't get into my locker. In little more than a towel covering my fat arse I had to go see the Locker Room attendant for assistance. Apparently the mailbox key for my condo wasn't the correct key to open the lockers here. Who would have known.

As it was early in the day and the TG wasn't expected back to late in the arvo decided to have a beer and some food at Siam Country Club. Bowl of Fries and One Beer for plenty of baht later and I was on my way 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

To be clear, I do not go to Pattaya to golf, but did have the good fortune to follow a fellow Canadian around that course on your final round of the Honda Open a year before Covid messed up the world and it was a great experience.  Those prices seem high, but compared to similar offering in NA it is not too bad - if you like to work up a sweat in other ways.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rioman said:

To be clear, I do not go to Pattaya to golf, but did have the good fortune to follow a fellow Canadian around that course on your final round of the Honda Open a year before Covid messed up the world and it was a great experience.  Those prices seem high, but compared to similar offering in NA it is not too bad - if you like to work up a sweat in other ways.  

The price is the dearest in Pattaya. That isn't in dispute 

People are paying it though so can't say it is overpriced. 

Being that Pattaya is a tourist destination it obviously helps having a constant supply of people prepared to cough up.

Compared to what else is available in Pattaya for golf it is obviously an expensive day out at one of these Siam Courses but I looked at it as a splurge. 

Going forward after I have knocked off all of them from the bucket list I will probably cut it back to 1 splurge a trip 

• Like 4

A nice touch to add pics of the clubs' ball marker. I like to collect them too.

Keep up the reviews. Great work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ClockWise said:

A nice touch to add pics of the clubs' ball marker. I like to collect them too.

Keep up the reviews. Great work.

Thanks but this will be my last review for now 

9 Rounds played in March so 9 reviews done.

Back in June for another visit and will hopefully get another 8 to 10 rounds in then 

As for the ball markers that's my collection quickly emptied from the jar I store them in 

I only have markers from courses I have played. I have played approx 150 to 200 courses in my lifetime but don't have a marker for all courses as some were not available to purchase when I played there 

I don't have any markers from a course I have not played at though. So no markers from Famous Courses I have never set foot on.

I find the markers in LoS ridiculously expensive as most of the time in my country I would pay 100 to 200 baht for a marker but unfortunately in Los you can pay 400 to 600 baht for a marker 

IMG20220421234220.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the golf report! It is expensive, but for 4+ hrs of “relaxing” entertainment, I see it as a good deal. 

8 hours ago, alphageek said:

Thanks for the golf report! It is expensive, but for 4+ hrs of “relaxing” entertainment, I see it as a good deal. 

Considering many of us will spend well over 5k baht paying a BF and a ST for a stunner for 5 minutes of fun then 4 hours around the golf course is a right bargain

Edited by Tuna Town
  • Like 2

@Tuna Town Many thanks for the post mate. I have only played Siam country club old course once - a few years back and the day after the LPGA event…it was some sort of sponsors day and I got an invite from Mark who owns Golf Asian. Top track.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

4 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

@Tuna Town Many thanks for the post mate. I have only played Siam country club old course once - a few years back and the day after the LPGA event…it was some sort of sponsors day and I got an invite from Mark who owns Golf Asian. Top track.

Agree it's a very nice course. Even though I was playing at about 12 days after the LPGA had finished I don't think it would matter when you played there you are gonna get a solid test of your game. I will be keen for a return bout as I felt I just didn't play well this day and was a little bit off the pace. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Siam Old course in my opinion is an excellent course, always in fantastic condition and a joy to play.

Yes it's expensive for Pattaya but it is a world class venue. The LPGA choose Siam for a reason.

Some of the caddies are good golfers too. My mate and I have treated some of them to rounds at other courses in the area. Fun days out.

Thanks for the review and the photos. You captured the beauty of the holes perfectly.

15 hours ago, Rikamaroo said:

Siam Old course in my opinion is an excellent course, always in fantastic condition and a joy to play.

Yes it's expensive for Pattaya but it is a world class venue. The LPGA choose Siam for a reason.

Some of the caddies are good golfers too. My mate and I have treated some of them to rounds at other courses in the area. Fun days out.

Thanks for the review and the photos. You captured the beauty of the holes perfectly.

Thanks for the feedback