IGNORED

My Day Out at Pattaya Country Club

Tuna Town

Played here in March.

Green Fee 1830 baht. Caddy and Cart Included. 

I had planned to play at Royal Lakeside this day and had a booking. I had planned to hook up with a TG this day I hadn't seen for 3 or so years so decided to get an earlier return to town than an hour drive up to Bangkok and back would have been. I canned my booking for Royal Lakeside and decided to find something at short notice where I could get off early and be back in town early 

Turns out I seen the TG on the day before when she told me she was staying with her sponsor who was only one Soi away from me anyway and that plan got fast tracked accordingly 

Anyway I am stuck with my alternate booking of Pattaya Country Club.

The reason I picked here had nothing more to do than it started with the letter P. When I look at the courses I need to play in Pattaya I have not got to yet there is a few starting with P I not been to. Pattavia Parichat Plutalang Pattana and Pattaya Country Club.

I sent off emails to 3 of them and Pattaya Country Club Club came up with a booking 

Arrived nice and early at the course and found a brand new club house on site.

Tee Off early at 0730 with a bit of dew on the course again 

Again around in just over 2 hours and I am in having a shower at 1000

As I play off 12 and having 85 off the stick around here first time seeing it is pleasing

My caddy gave me a new nickname of "Mr Bogey" as I started off with 6 bogeys in the first seven holes and quite frankly I didn't really look like parring a hole in this stretch and the only one I did was when I stiffed a 60metre Lob Wedge to 4 feet with my 3rd shot on a Par 4

I gave myself a new nickname of "Mr Downhill Putter" because it took me 8 holes to actually get a flat putt. This course a I will give it one thing has some good slopes on the greens and I was regularly finding myself putting from above the hole.i was lucky I was playing early in the morning with some water still on the green because the same putts which were terrifying now would have been 1000x harder in the middle of the day 

Struggled on the front 9 as I was just wasn't getting going today and finished with 45 off the stick I regrouped on the back nine was a lot better with a 40 off the stick 

Highlight of the round was the Par I got on the 17th. Now this hole I got to the tee block and I am just looking at it going Fuck What Am I going to do 

Water is down the right side to catch an errant tee shot and there is a water hazard on the left that you can carry but it going to be a good shot to get over. 

Either way you got to get your distance correct and your direction correct on the tee shot as you look like you have a small amount of real estate to land the ball on 

Managed to pick a palm tree on the left and smashed it straight over it and put myself on the fairway. Then was left with a 100,metre shot with another water carry to a Pin Up in the back right corner. Slapped it on and nearly rolled the putt in but ran out of power with the putt when I had the right line 

Lowlight would have been the 9th. Walked off with a 7 on a Long Par 4 when I hit a good tee shot that just found the Fairway Bunker mainly because I hit the tee shot too well. Got out of the bunker but took a bit too much sand so only got about 40 metres up the fairway instead of the 140 metres I was after. Proceeded to put my next shot on the green but it rolled onto the fringe 

So here I am looking at a 5 on a par 4 but after chipping on and 3 putting I walk off with a 7. Throwing shots away. 

NIce course but seems to be a little bit more expensive than others of similar calibre around the place. Considering the rest are all doing Promotions due to the Covid situation I am surprised this one isn't as well. 

Caddy I had here I would recommend as well. From Chonburi province which is a surprise as you don't meet many people from there 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Really appreciate this one Tuna, playing it in May a couple times with pals on a Tuesday. Must be the only course I haven’t played near enough in town. Saying that it’s 35 minute drive. 

Can’t wait and 1850 all in is a top price. 

Edited by Clem Fandango

Pay attention to where the pin is and the slope on the green and don't get above the hole on this course would be my advice.

I putted well around here but if I hadn't of I could have easily had another 10 shots to my score from 3 putting etc as these greens are gonna punish someone not putting well 

The rest of the course but of water and OB here and there but nothing to really worry about compared to what you find in other Thai courses

1830 baht generally is not a bad price  pre Covid for this level of course but every other course is under 1500baht with a caddy n cart at the moment with a lot of them pushing closer to 1000 baht than the 1500 baht mark so it seems a little high at this point in time 

I do believe it is closer to 1200 if you are a senior citizen but fortunately I don't qualify for that discount 555

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KanoMike said:

Tuna,

What app are you using for your scores?

Thanks

Garmin Golf App.

If you buy a Garmin Golf Watch you can then bring up the course you are playing. 

It will have pictures of the hole and distances 

After each hole you can enter scores and details like tee shot direction putts penalties etc 

This can then be reviewed on the app later.

As you have an account these details stay saved regardless of phone change or any other issue.

The watches are not cheap but they are a great little golf gadget to have as I am packing the S62 which cost about 18000 baht when I bought it 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you enjoyed the course and 85 is a decent effort on a course you have never played before.

I played this course for the first time in March this year. Previously avoided it as heard bad reports about it. I was pleasantly surprised. Think they have invested in improving it over the last few years. 

Well worth a round in my view. I will be returning on my next visit.

Great photos again. Thanks for posting.

Sports day was 1,280 baht when I was in town, Jan - April. They did also introduce an annual 500b card (now 1,000baht) which gets you the price of 1,280 rather than the 1,830. 

15 hours ago, Rikamaroo said:

Glad you enjoyed the course and 85 is a decent effort on a course you have never played before.

I played this course for the first time in March this year. Previously avoided it as heard bad reports about it. I was pleasantly surprised. Think they have invested in improving it over the last few years. 

Well worth a round in my view. I will be returning on my next visit.

Great photos again. Thanks for posting.

It not a bad track all things considered and they have a newish clubhouse it appears so could see there had been some work going in 

15 hours ago, penboy said:

Sports day was 1,280 baht when I was in town, Jan - April. They did also introduce an annual 500b card (now 1,000baht) which gets you the price of 1,280 rather than the 1,830. 

They did have discounts to 1280 but it wasn't for the day I played and the other one they did was based on your age and I ain't old enough for that discount 

1 hour ago, Tuna Town said:

They did have discounts to 1280 but it wasn't for the day I played and the other one they did was based on your age and I ain't old enough for that discount 

We play there quite often but on the discounted Sports Days.
I think their slightly higher prices are down to it being closer to town than most courses. 

• 1 year later...

Played here in August on a Wednesday.

Had been quite a week with back to back to back events Sunday Monday Tuesday with the SCM so by the time I got to he course I was pretty jaded 

Green Fee 2280 baht Caddy and Cart Included 

Tee off early as only myself playing and around in about 3 hours 30 mins. Lots of golfers on the course so no quick game here

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 and shot a 91 today which is Ok but I blame my caddie for such a high score

My caddie was only a trainee caddie. As for her caddie skills they are non existent. Wouldn't rate them for a second. 

But she had me thinking about other stuff all around the course. Showing me her piercing and tattoo collections through the round and watching her cute little body I wasn't really concentrating on what I should have been 555

Highlights of the Round was finally a Birdie on the 2nd hole. Tee shot away 2nd up on the green. Caddie gave me zero help with the read. Actually gave me a wrong read. Anyway stepped up and nailed my putt from 25feet 

Lowlight was the 8 on the Par 5 11th.

Poor tee shot got me in trouble by finding a fairway bunker. Hacked out. Left me in a bad spot. Put the next one into another fairway bunker. Then into another. Chipped on two putt. 

Poor caddy had a lot of raking to do 555 

As for my game it was a little bit ok little bit poor but I was pretty burnt out and on fumes and the caddie was making my dick hard for some reason 

Driver solid but not great 

Irons were an improvement again 

Wedges were ok today 

Fairway Woods Went great

My chipping was ok 

My putting was Ok but this is a cunt of a course for putting 

Lost Ball tally was 1 on the 6th tugging a tee shot left into a hazard

Nice track. Great clubhouse. 

About a 30 minute drive from Central Pattaya

Oh to be playing with the sun on my back,I played my home course yesterday,had to call it a day after ten holes ,it was just too wet puddles everywhere and the ball would just bury in the mud and 5/10 temporary greens