IGNORED

EVA LHR-BKK

Bazle

I wouldn’t book until they are actually operating the route as they’ve announced the restart at least 3 times before, taken bookings, then cancelled the plans.

It would be great if they do actually start again though.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 minute ago, davidge said:

I wouldn’t book until they are actually operating the route as they’ve announced the restart at least 3 times before, taken bookings, then cancelled the plans.

It would be great if they do actually start again though.

"True dat" - had EVA cancel my flights three times in the past two years - until they actually have planes completing the promised routes I would not by an advance tiket.

I spoke to their London office yesterday….the 1st July restart is still provisional apparently.

They are a good airline with better than average service. They fly direct to BKK from LHR, which is always a bonus. 

As indicated by the OP, Eva are taking bookings for LHR-BKK from July.

3 days a week. Sunday/Tuesday/Friday out of LHR (2135, landing at 1505 as before). Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday out of BKK (1250, landing at 1925 as before).

I just hope they actually do start flying again this time.

Approximate fares:

£3300 in Biz

£1575 in Premium Econ

£665 in Economy 

(I looked at a 4 week stay in July)

As just posted in this thread: 

Taiwan has extended the ban on transit until late September. Although LHR-BKK flights are direct one of the reasons for previous cancellation of the route was lower passenger numbers because of the transit ban.

12 minutes ago, davidge said:

As just posted in this thread: 

Taiwan has extended the ban on transit until late September. Although LHR-BKK flights are direct one of the reasons for previous cancellation of the route was lower passenger numbers because of the transit ban.

Yes if I remember right after stopping at BKK the Eva flight would then go onto Taiwan.The 3rd July for Eva on Skyscanner still showing but  not sure if they keep that one.Would like to use them again but as commented already maybe best to wait until they are actually running the service.

Yesterday saw a Youtube vid of a guy that flew out around start of April on Thai airways from LHR.He commented the plane was nearly full which hopefully means the route can be profitable for the airlines.

8 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Yes if I remember right after stopping at BKK the Eva flight would then go onto Taiwan.The 3rd July for Eva on Skyscanner still showing but  not sure if they keep that one.Would like to use them again but as commented already maybe best to wait until they are actually running the service.

There were always quite a few passengers from Taipei on the flights back to LHR as well as on the flight out. They also have flights from other countries (eg Australia) that connect to the LHR one. I’m guessing the BKK leg alone isn’t really a huge moneymaker for them. BA haven’t bothered starting the route again either even though the flights were full the time I used them.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220407-taiwan-to-move-away-from-zero-covid-strategy-minister

This story suggests that, as of 7th April 2022, Taiwan is dropping their zero covid strategy.

The fact that they have extended the transit ban for another 6 months seems to contradict this.

Am I missing something? The transit ban is for another reason?

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

10 minutes ago, purescience said:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220407-taiwan-to-move-away-from-zero-covid-strategy-minister

This story suggests that, as of 7th April 2022, Taiwan is dropping their zero covid strategy.

The fact that they have extended the transit ban for another 6 months seems to contradict this.

Am I missing something? The transit ban is for another reason?

This is why I was surprised (and disappointed) by the news.

Taiwan is opening for tourists....but not for people who stay in the airport for 2 or 3 hours!  5555 

Makes no sense to me.

22 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

This is why I was surprised (and disappointed) by the news.

Taiwan is opening for tourists....but not for people who stay in the airport for 2 or 3 hours!  5555 

Makes no sense to me.

Taiwan has not set a date for opening to foreign tourists either. Info on who can visit can be found here.