IGNORED

TM30 & TM6 to be replaced?

Leo_Bia

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-grapevine-will-he-wont-he-395505

From the rumor mill
A Grapevine’s police source says an immigration working party is looking at replacing the TM30 and TM 6 forms (both address-reporting requirements) by an app which visitors will download to report their main abode in the Land of Smiles. It will be assumed that address remains correct whilst in the country, unless/until you change it. The main benefit to consumers will be to cancel the long queues at immigration check-in throughout the kingdom.

• Like 2

I remember hearing that before covid, guess they're still working on it. 555

There was talk a few years ago of completely doing away with TM6. Apparently it's not actually used for anything, just carted away to a warehouse somewhere. As for an app, something called eTM6 (on Google Play) was launched in 2019, but it never actually worked.

40 minutes ago, Fumbduck said:

There was talk a few years ago of completely doing away with TM6. Apparently it's not actually used for anything, just carted away to a warehouse somewhere. As for an app, something called eTM6 (on Google Play) was launched in 2019, but it never actually worked.

HaHa, it's still there with a 1.8 review rating...  Don't think I'll bother :wink:

On 16/04/2022 at 23:50, Fumbduck said:

I think there may be several warehouses full of paper work generated at immigration.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

• 1 month later...

TM 6 immigration forms shelved for now at airports
PUBLISHED : 15 JUN 2022

The government will temporarily halt the need for international passengers to fill out TM 6 immigration forms to ease passenger congestion at international airports.

Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said after a cabinet meeting on Tuesday this would reduce the process for foreign visitors as they were already required to fill out many forms upon arrival. It will also help alleviate congestion as international arrival numbers have increased, he added.

Gen Prayut said authorities will evaluate the outcome of the announcement and consider if it needs to be revised, especially if they are unable to trace passengers. The Interior Ministry will expedite the drafting of the announcement, which is expected to finish in a week.

Deputy government spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul said foreign travellers who enter Thailand by land or sea will still be required to fill out the form.

The move will save around 45.5 million baht a year in printing costs for an estimated 65 million TM 6 forms, she said.
Immigration police can still collect data on arrivals via the biometric systems at airports, while other travel data can be collected from airlines, Ms Traisuree said.

Thais have not needed to fill out a TM 6 since 2017.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2326293/tm-6-immigration-forms-shelved-for-now-at-airports

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1