IGNORED

I'm buying a condo, looking for opinions on a few areas/properties

Danbrooks2k

1 hour ago, 1080B said:

Even then, a lot of "final selling prices" are manipulated to minimise transfer fees so it's actually even harder to get real data.

I've heard land office don't play those games and won't allow fees to go below original sales price. If buying in a hot market maybe be able manipulate numbers down to original price floor.

2 hours ago, jetdoc said:

I've heard land office don't play those games and won't allow fees to go below original sales price. If buying in a hot market maybe be able manipulate numbers down to original price floor.

My point is that what the land office will accept and what the buyer actually pays can be two different numbers - so any published sales figures are likely to be inaccurate and NOT a good basis for try to determine a fair price.

13 hours ago, Danbrooks2k said:

Yeah Grand Avenue is overpriced. I loved my 3 weeks there except for the old German prick in the orange shorts that sat in the same chair all day every day mad dogging me because I brought in a Ladyboy... I seriously considered "accidentally pushing his old ass in the pool" 

He slammed the outer door to the sauna in my face as I was exiting one day... i will say, he was brave for being 90.. I look like an ex convict and he looks like a spicy bowl of soup might give him a stroke. It just goes to show that no matter how fancy the condo, a miserable prick can ruin your day.

FWIW been a couple tall LB regularly coming in and out of Bldg E...not sure if they are staying there or just for somebody's pleasure...haven't seen them have any issues...but they could probably take half of the old dudes monopolizing the pool.

Edited by The Danimal

12 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

FWIW been a couple tall LB regularly coming in and out of Bldg E...not sure if they are staying there or just for somebody's pleasure...haven't seen them get have any issues...but they could probably take half of the old dudes monopolizing the pool.

The old German dude was the only person who was rude and shitty. Everyone else held the gate open, smiled and acted like adults. The day I took Dina from the massage place right up the street to the pool is probably what set him off. Maybe next time I will bring a Jew and a black girl and see if he has a heart attack. One day he was right out the front gate screaming at some poor guy just standing there on his phone. I really had to stop and consider how much trouble I would be in for slapping the shit out of him... just one time. I would hate to buy a place and be forced to deal with a prick like that.

I guess renting first is a good idea, might save me from jail or deportation. I don't care what you do... don't wake me up at night with loud noises or prevent me from my daily comings and going and I could care less who you bring into the building. I have seen Tennants or condo owners think they were the morality/fun police... must take a big set of balls to make shit your personal business that has nothing to do with you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1080B said:

My point is that what the land office will accept and what the buyer actually pays can be two different numbers - so any published sales figures are likely to be inaccurate and NOT a good basis for try to determine a fair price.

I was referring to "to minimize transfer fees" part - sorry

• Like 1