Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Day Out at Siam Rolling Hills

Tuna Town

Played here in March.

Green Fee 3600 baht.

Caddy/Cart 1300 baht.

So 4900 baht in total 

Use of PSC card was a 400 baht saving.

Had decided to play at Siam Country Club twice whilst I was in town. After playing at Plantation on the Friday Morning I had flicked another email off to Siam Country Club requesting another game. Course didn't matter as long as it wasn't the Plantation Course I had just played.

A short time later I had an offer of around 07:22 At Rolling Hills on Tuesday 

Had no drama finding the place on the Tuesday morning as I had driven past the entry to all those f them at some point on the Friday anyway 

Arrived and walked in the club house and WoW is what comes out if your mouth . Great clubhouse area which is to be expected as the course is only a few years old 

Tee off early and around in about 2.5 hours as only myself and the caddy in our group 

The practice putting green was used as I ain't making that mistake again

As for my golf game I play off 12 so was delighted with 85 off the stick around here. 

I teed off on the 10th and played the Back 9 First followed by the front 9 

First issue I had is my Garmin Golf Watch was not finding the course. Kept getting Old Course Plantation and Waterside but no Rolling Hills. What was odd was I had downloaded the Rolling Hills in the night before for offline use but couldn't get it going. 

After the first hole of stuffing around trying to get the watch working I gave up on it and had to use the course markers caddy and laser. 

Frustrating as I rely so much on that watch for distances each round it was rather off putting to not have it working 

Highlights of the round were on the 11th hitting the only tree on the back 9 555

Smashed it left off the tee and into the tree 

Didn't see another tree in play on the back 9 though the front 9 is loaded with them 

I also made the caddy really happy on the Signature Hole by not going right on the Par5 15th. The hole drops off severely to the right of the green with timber slabs acting as a retaining hole bunkers and Allsorts of carnage down there. The caddies don't like to go down there because it quite a uphill hike out of there 

The real highlight I suppose was only have the one score over bogey for the round. That some solid golf when you are keeping the doubles and above to 1 hole for the round

Lowlight of the round would have to be on the 6th a Par 5. Played the hole well. Good drive on the fairway. Iron to about 100 metres out so I am hitting in at a distance I like to hit from.

Hit the wedge pretty well perfectly weight and line wise. Only about 2 yards left of the flag. Get up to the green and I can't see my ball. I ain't thinking I have holes out but I am perplexed as I approach the green as to where my ball got to 

Eventually I see it way out about 20 metres from the cup. I have landed it on a ridge just near the hole and it has taken off. Drastically unfair but what can you do.

I am now faced with a 20 metres putt up hill of a significant level of steepness it had your attention that has to get about 18 metres minimum which is gonna break a bunch left to right as well and needs to be slowing down as soon as it gets to the top of the rise as 3 metre after the hole it drops away on that side as well. I also need to get the line right or it ain't going up the ridge 

I am perplexed as to why you would stick a flag here for pros let alone amatuer level players but what can you do ??

I have ponied up the first putt got a good line on it but have been about 6 inches short of the top of the hill. Then had to watch the ball roll back at me and then have to move my foot as it rolled past me to about 2 metres behind where I had putted the first one from 

2nd Putt I have managed to get it on a similar line but got it to stop at the top of the ridge and not roll back down but even then I was probably 30cm away from it rolling back down again. Luckily I nailed the next putt from about 10feet to walk off with a 6. I walked away shaking my head at the hole 

One thing I will say about these Siam Country Club Courses is the caddies stick to the path in the Cart. For whatever reason today if the cart path was on the left I went right and if the cart path went right I went left so my poor caddie got quite a lot of exercise in today. Even on one hole the cart path was on the left and I hit the first shot right so after a giant hike out to my ball I intentionally went left with my lay up shot on the Par 5 only to find as we drove to my 2nd shot the cart path crossed the fairway and would now be on the right side 555

Speaking of the caddie what an angel this lady was. Only 21 no boyfriend no kids from Udon Thani and quite innocentb

Obviously she ain't a working girl so I didn't treat her like one but it would be great to get treated as well as this girl treated me when you walk into a bar. 

Only been caddying for a little bit so she not the finished article in that regard but if you want someone who is good company whilst you play can recommend Da caddy No 030

The course is a great course is only 18 holes but recently opened in the last few years 

This is literally the most expensive course you will play in Pattaya but a great track and will look forward to visiting again in the future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this report. I haven't played this Siam course but it looks like a great track and one I will play in future. 

No doubles on a course like that is an excellent result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks 

It's a good course that is only gonna get better as the plant life matures 

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Great report.

Loved your description of that janky flag position of the 6th.

Can't help but compare your pics to some of the country courses I have played in Australia and the price you paid at Siam versus some of those courses in Australia seem much higher that I used to pay.