IGNORED

Tasty Meals 100B or Less

Fired Up Paul

Thanks for this, sounds like a good feed…..I’m feeling more buoyant than I have for a while about a visit to Patts this year.

I guess you’ve had to hunt around for cheaper meals after the extortion of a week ago.   

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, 1080B said:

100B prices.jpg

Thanks for the good review, the food looks good, I just might have to try them out.

Does BF 300 mean barfine? 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been there several times and cannot fault the food. Gael is a scream.

image.png

1 hour ago, 1080B said:

9 Food Coffee and Drink

Where it is: Soi Boomerang (pretty much diagonally opposite Hideaway - if you find Hideaway, you can't miss it)

What it is: It's a small Bar and Restaurant. The Bar Closes at 8-9 or later depending on customer demand.
Restaurant closes at 7pm, thought that can sometimes be stretched if you are a regular and probably always with prior notice.

Ambiance: There are around five high bar stools at the bar and 4 or 5 tables inside. Think outdoor bar more than higher end air conditioned restaurant. Still much more comfortable than the food court at Treetown with generally better prices.

The Food: A variety of Thai dishes, most between 50-80B. My go to is the Garlic Chicken, with rice. The food is always freshly cooked and the wait is normally short.

The Staff: Gael is the host and she is a scream - she always has a smile on her face and is very quick to joke. So is the Cook, just a slightly toned down version.

The Drinks: Drinks are dirt cheap making this a great place for pre-big night out dinner and drinks.
Smoothies are also a highlight and you can also get almost - barista level coffee - Gael's Uncle is a Barista... but he is in BKK 555

Be On The Look Out For:
If you order a traditionally spicy meal and want the spice reduced, be specific as not spicy can be interpreted as 5 chillis instead of 7.
So specify eg, "No Chilli's", or "1 Chilli", etc.

Not to rain on your parade (it is a nice report)

Is that Rib Shack still open in that area...?

7 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Not to rain on your parade (it is a nice report)

Is that Rib Shack still open in that area...?

At Hideaway.

image.png

2 hours ago, regyai said:

$49 for a smoothie (even with two bananas) is a bit strong

I love the smoothies ... 49B not dollars.

Otherwise get a SML for 50B... hard to find them for that price outside of 7/11 or supermarkets.

2 hours ago, regyai said:

$49 for a smoothie (even with two bananas) is a bit strong

If the $ is the Liberian its bloody cheap😋

To me in Pattaya, Terminal 21 food court has the best quality food at lowest price, taste better than these popular street stalls and even cheaper. And most importantly looks very clean. I can always have a meal, usually 2 different food items for 100 less, after so many times eating there at all different stalls all different food, still no need of imodium.

On 16/04/2022 at 20:15, asksenya said:

To me in Pattaya, Terminal 21 food court has the best quality food at lowest price, taste better than these popular street stalls and even cheaper. And most importantly looks very clean. I can always have a meal, usually 2 different food items for 100 less, after so many times eating there at all different stalls all different food, still no need of imodium.

good call. even including 10 baht each way for the baht bus its still great value. can get 2 items, water, and pay the baht bus for 100baht. and ITS AIR CONDITIONED! 

I just ate there Terminal 21 food court today, went to the Malay roti shop, I had a bowl of Malay chicken soup(very tasty soup with potato and chicken legs), a chicken briyani rice, and 2 plain roti for 100 baht less. Very tasty, I was so full, had to walk the mall 3 rounds to burn it off.

Edited by asksenya
  • Like 1

GREAT thread! 

Sadly, I generally spend like a 2-week millionaire, but it's great to see some quality low-priced options!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, asksenya said:

I just ate there Terminal 21 food court today, went to the Malay roti shop,

I like to have the Fish n Chips for 40 Baht and then follow it up with an original roti for 12 Baht - sometimes I will have an ice-cream (10 Baht, 1 Scoop, 15 Baht 2 Scoops).

The Roti is to die for!!

T21 Fish n Chips.jpg

On 16/04/2022 at 08:27, 1080B said:

9 Food Coffee and Drink

Where it is: Soi Boomerang (pretty much diagonally opposite Hideaway - if you find Hideaway, you can't miss it)

What it is: It's a small Bar and Restaurant. The Bar Closes at 8-9 or later depending on customer demand.
Restaurant closes at 7pm, thought that can sometimes be stretched if you are a regular and probably always with prior notice.

Ambiance: There are around five high bar stools at the bar and 4 or 5 tables inside. Think outdoor bar more than higher end air conditioned restaurant. Still much more comfortable than the food court at Treetown with generally better prices.

The Food: A variety of Thai dishes, most between 50-80B. My go to is the Garlic Chicken, with rice. The food is always freshly cooked and the wait is normally short.

The Staff: Gael is the host and she is a scream - she always has a smile on her face and is very quick to joke. So is the Cook, just a slightly toned down version.

The Drinks: Drinks are dirt cheap making this a great place for pre-big night out dinner and drinks.
Smoothies are also a highlight and you can also get almost - barista level coffee - Gael's Uncle is a Barista... but he is in BKK 555

Be On The Look Out For:
If you order a traditionally spicy meal and want the spice reduced, be specific as not spicy can be interpreted as 5 chillis instead of 7.
So specify eg, "No Chilli's", or "1 Chilli", etc.

Agree, this place has to be one of the best food bargains in town, good portion size and quality food at dirt cheap prices. And I've learnt instead of saying not spicy, to saying no chilli. 

IMG_1021.jpeg

Edited by Syco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 22/04/2022 at 18:03, asksenya said:

I just ate there Terminal 21 food court today, went to the Malay roti shop, I had a bowl of Malay chicken soup(very tasty soup with potato and chicken legs), a chicken briyani rice, and 2 plain roti for 100 baht less. Very tasty, I was so full, had to walk the mall 3 rounds to burn it off.

Thank you for this post! I have been watching the Asok Terminal 21 food court videos on YouTube and was hoping that the Pattaya one had a similar restaurant as Larmoon Biryani. I hope that this one is still around when I visit in December.

• Like 2

I had a Michelin star meal today for 60Bt in BKK, see my TR for more details.

• Like 1

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

4 minutes ago, slalom said:

Where's Soi Boomerang?

Dog leg Soi that links Soi Buakhao and Soi 15. Behind The Avenue near Centara Azure hotel.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 minutes ago, slalom said:

Where's Soi Boomerang?

going south on buakaow it's on the right just before the junction with Soi 15.

if on Soi 15 heading towards the avenue shopping complex it's first turn on the right by the hideaway bar/restaurant.

boomerang is an L shaped soi. named after an aussie run guest house on the angle of the L now Naughty Club or naughty something

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 1080B said:

a great Italian Style Pizza joint - which, of course will cost you more than 100B

Perhaps if you settle for a bottle of Aqua minerale :) but a great place indeed. 

• Haha 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png