IGNORED

My Day Out at Siam Plantation Club

Tuna Town

Played here in March.

Green Fee 3600 baht.

Caddy/Cart 1300 baht.

So 4900 baht in total 

Use of PSC card was a 400 baht saving.

Had decided to play at Siam Country Club twice whilst I was in town. Despite being a 4900 baht day out had already decided to splurge. I had contacted the course a month or so out to find out about getting a game as a single player and they had told me single players off before 0730 and to book within 1 week of tee off.

Being as I wanted to get back into town early on the Friday for other festivities I decided this would be the day to play at Siam. I clicked an email off whilst on my way to the Airport to go to Thailand requesting a booking and said I was happy to play any of the courses as I hadn't played any. Siam Country Club replied a few minutes later offering me a tee off time at 0732 at the Plantation Course which I accepted 

Had a quiet night on the beer and slept alone so I had a good sleep and was up early as I was looking forward to this a lot . Had a bit of a drama finding the place on Google Maps as it sent me down a road that looked like a place a serial killer would take you. After 10 mins of fucking around turns out it was the correct road 

Arrived and walked in the club house and WoW is what comes out if your mouth . Great clubhouse area 

Tee off early and around in about 2.5 hours as only myself and the caddy in our group 

The practice putting green was used and it paid off as it was probably my best day putting all trip with 29 putts for the round

As for my golf game I play off 12 so was delighted with 84 off the stick around here. This did turn out to be my best score of the trip which is pleasing as my worst was a 92 so there was some degree of playing close to my perceived ability most days 

The putting was going well today which made up for some not so well played shots. The old adage drive for show putt for dough was in effect today and it is pleasing because my putting is something I have worked really hard on the last 15 months 

Highlights of the round was the birdie made on the 8th. Caddie had dared me to get a birdie on the hole and I obliged smacking the tee shot to 10feet and then rolling a bender in. Happy moment as me and the caddy had worked out the line together on the putt and I delivered hitting the right line and pace and two feet out I am watching my caddy knowing this putt is dropping. Happy Days

Also on the Par 3 12th hit a great shot to 15 feet which I lipped the birdie putt out 

Lowlight was the brain fade on the 13th.Hit a tee shot in the rough and a great 4 iron back on the fairway. Probably the best 4 iron I have ever hit. Crunched it and shaped it how I imagined Then though let's go the 4 iron again and which was a real fucking dumb idea as it was a hero shot with a water carry and water right. Hit it into the water hazard which was a giant canyon full of Jungle, snakes and Drop Bears  

Speaking of snakes after taking my drop at the hazard I pitched on with the wedge and walked to the green whilst the caddy drove the cart up. When I arrived the caddy had marked my ball. 

As I walked up the green I was studying the slopes when I noticed this little thing about 30 centimetres long with its head up and ready to dance .

Now I am not a big fan of snakes anyway but it turned out my caddy was less of a fan as she started screaming and hid behind me as I putted out the hole

Attached is a couple of photos of the little snake.

Did see another one about 1metre big this day on a tee block sunning itself but we were whizzing past on the cart path 

The course is a great course and part of 27 holes. I played the Tapioca and Pineapple Courses. 

I missed out on playing the Sugarcane 9 which my caddy reckoned is the most beautiful of the courses on site and has the Signature hole. After Golf spoke with staff about getting another game including SugarCane but no luck as it was closed for Maintenance work for the rest of the month so another trip we will try again 

This is literally the most expensive course you will play in Pattaya but a great track and will look forward to visiting again in the future.

IMG20220318090419.jpg

IMG20220318090427.jpg

IMG20220318090533.jpg

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Really enjoying your series of reviews. Over in May and will get 5/6 games as normal.

33 minutes ago, Clem Fandango said:

Really enjoying your series of reviews. Over in May and will get 5/6 games as normal.

Thanks

Got a few more to do in coming days 

Thoroughly enjoy your course reviews.  I'll be in Thai in June and hope to play a few times a week.  Thanks!

Your caddy is correct sugar Cane is probably the best 9 holes of golf on the Eastern Seaboard. Great reports thanks

20 hours ago, Wedge said:

Thoroughly enjoy your course reviews.  I'll be in Thai in June and hope to play a few times a week.  Thanks!

Thanks 

I am back myself again in June and planning on tearing up some more courses 

9 hours ago, Harve said:

Your caddy is correct sugar Cane is probably the best 9 holes of golf on the Eastern Seaboard. Great reports thanks

Thanks 

Hopefully can get a run on it on June to confirm

Great report!

Looks like a traditional design which I used to love when I played.

Reminiscent of some you would find in the sandbelt of Melbourne or a Peter Thomson design you can find dotted around Australia.

Pricey though!!

1 hour ago, 1080B said:

Great report!

Looks like a traditional design which I used to love when I played.

Reminiscent of some you would find in the sandbelt of Melbourne or a Peter Thomson design you can find dotted around Australia.

Pricey though!!

There are some Peter Thompson designed courses around Pattaya though this ain't one of them. 

I was a little bit concerned when I arrived as this course has it has held LPGA tournaments so was expecting something ridiculously hard for the amatuer player which you sometimes find 

But no this course is quite playable for your mug golfer.

As for the cost definitely not cheap but I had planned to splurge twice this trip on playing at Siam so I looked upon it as no different than taking a TG from the Agogo instead of at a Beer Bar 

Same thing but costs more but you are at least expecting a more premium experience 555

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice report! I played this course around 12 years ago and found the greens lighting fast with ball rolling off some of the greens when missing putts.  Generally i played well but putted badly.  

23 hours ago, bundy said:

Nice report! I played this course around 12 years ago and found the greens lighting fast with ball rolling off some of the greens when missing putts.  Generally i played well but putted badly.  

If anything I didn't really have a lot of problems putting on this course.

Most of my issues usually are between tee and green anyway 

• 2 months later...

My favorite course near Patts 👍🏻

• 5 months later...

Played here in November 

Green Fee 3600 baht.

Caddy/Cart 1300 baht.

So 4900 baht in total 

Use of PSC card was a 400 baht saving.

Had decided to play at Siam Country Club  whilst I was in town. Despite being a 4900 baht day out had already decided to splurge. Had tried getting on here in June without any luck and had decided to play here on the last week of my trip this time. 

Couldn't get on Friday or  Thursday or Wednesday but got an opportunity on the Tuesday at 0724. 

It probably one of the biggest issues as a single player at Siam courses is they insist you go off before 0730 so it's always an early start 

Arrived after the 20-25 minute trip from Pratmanak Hill where I was staying and paid the money 

Got hit with a couple of hundred baht fee for requesting Caddie 158. Same caddy I had in March only problem was today's caddie wasn't the same girl

Was off the Sugarcane 9 first which I hadn't played and the Pineapple 9 on the back nine which I had played in March. So it was nice to get all the nines here chalked off the Bucket list 

Tee off early and around in about 2.5 hours as only myself and the caddy in our group 

For some reason I putt well here 29 putts for the day and I also had only 29 putts last time 

My Driving today was good finding a lot of fairways 

The area of my game today that really hurt me was my Wedge play and my approach shots.Got myself into some great positions and then proceeded to right Royally fucked things up. 

It was one area this trip where I was well below par. You really got to be knocking your shots from 80-120 yards on the green around these courses. This trip I was well below par on this aspect and it will be something I will be working on prior to my next trip 

As for my golf game I play off 13 so was dissappointed with 91 off the stick around here.

Highlights of the round was the birdie made on the 2nd on the Sugarcane 9 where I  smacked the tee shot to 15feet and then rolling a putt in. It was my first birdie in 7 and a bit rounds which is a long stretch for me. That first birdie of the trip a few holes in seemed like a life time ago 

Also on the Par 5  2nd on the Pineapple 9 I had a great Par. Good tee shot well placed lay up and my shot onto the green I remembered from my prior trip the green runs to the right so I stuck it centre of the green and the ball rolled around to the right to the pin at the back of the green. My caddie was impressed as I actually played the shot like a pro would on Augusta National where they let the ball use the slope to find the hole rather than attack the flag straight on. Two putted for Par but a well played hole 

Lowlight was the brain fade on the 7th a Par 5. Was 2 under after 6 holes so was going well.Hit a tee shot in the fairway and stood there tossing up on going for it but chose to lay up. Chunked the lay up a little bit put myself in a position where I could still find the green for 3. Chunked the next one 50m into a bunker leaving me the dreaded 60 metre bunker shot. Knocked it up near the green chipped on and 3 putted for an 8.

Followed this up on the 8th where I found a fairway bunker off the tee. Didn't get out first time then got out then chunked the wedge then shot it 30m over the back chipped on two putted and walked off with an 8 on a Par 4 

I had just gone from a great front nine to a bad front nine in two holes of calamity 

The Back 9 was just also a little disappointing scoring wise due to my poor approach play leaving me walking off the course feeling like I left plenty of shots out there today 

This is literally the most expensive course you will play in Pattaya but a great track and will look forward to visiting again in the future

It probably also my favourite of the 4 Siam courses and if I was only allowed to play one ever again this would be it