IGNORED

My Day Out at Chee Chan Golf Resort

Tuna Town

Played here in March.

Green Fee 2400 baht.

Caddy/Cart 1200 baht.

Arrived and was given a breakfast of eggs bacon sausag  toast coffee etc in the restaurant as part of my green fee

Tee off early and around in about 2.5 hours as only myself and the caddy in our group 

First time playing here so was walking in blind.

The practice putting green was dead set scary with the speed.

As for my golf game I play off 12 so was happy with 87 off the stick around there 

My driving I was happy with 

Chipping I was struggling with as I got to grips with the different conditions 

Highlights of the round was smacking the first tee shot straight down the middle and then stuffing the next shot to about 6 feet. Shame I missed the putt.

Also on the Par 3 12th hit a great shot which must have been ever so close to holing out as it ran through the green to the fringe at the back. My caddy was quite excited but it didn't drop.

Lowlight was the brain fade on the 17th. Hit one into the water hazard and played out to the fringe. Somehow lost the plot and turned a should be 4 into a 6 

The course is a great course and across the road from Buddha Mountain. Most holes have the backdrop of Buddha in the distance

Not the cheapest course you will play in Pattaya but a great track and will look forward to visiting again in the future 

Screenshot_2022-04-07-18-12-09-90_94c3c0214f41e8559bec03caf75c21c7.jpg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

This thread ain't just about me. It is here to inspire other people about how great golf is in Thailand

Please add your photos and tell us experience from your day at Chee Chan 

IMG20220407183159.jpg

IMG20220407183140.jpg

IMG20220407183129.jpg

• Like 3

Never played Chee Chan looks a nice track

Gotta love the way they circle pars. First time I played in Thailand, looked at my score card and thought, wow, I don't remember making that may birdies.

Thanks for posting - love the pics!

16 hours ago, KanoMike said:

Gotta love the way they circle pars. First time I played in Thailand, looked at my score card and thought, wow, I don't remember making that may birdies.

I had a good caddie this day. Older lady who actually had a great grasp of her job 

Thanks for the report. Planning to travel in 2 weeks time and based on this report, planning to play here. Yet another quality golf course in Pattaya

Thanks for the review, and rekindled some nice memories there.

Good track which keeps getting better as it matures, and well managed.  Pricey, but worth a visit on most trips.  It is reasonably friendly for most levels of golfer as well.

Nice.  I have heard great things about Chee Chan.  Haven't had a chance to play it yet and probably won't this visit more is the pity.

4 hours ago, Maninmanama said:

Thanks for the review, and rekindled some nice memories there.

Good track which keeps getting better as it matures, and well managed.  Pricey, but worth a visit on most trips.  It is reasonably friendly for most levels of golfer as well.

Yes it is on the pricey side of things as far as courses in and around Pattaya goes. A little cheaper than the Siam Country Club Courses but you getting a great facility and great service here. Sure you can spend half to a third of the cost for a round in Pattaya but this is the type of place where you go I am just gonna spoil myself today and spend a bit more to play a nice course 

• 3 weeks later...

Chee Chan is a brilliant golf course and the club house and facilities are first class.

Rack rate is expensive but you can get deals.

I played this on a twilight rate teeing off at 2.30. 2700 all in!

This course and Siam Old are the best conditioned courses in Patts and the whole experience oozes class.

Its quiet most of the time, so getting a twilight rate tee time and getting round before it gets dark is no problem.

While I was there they were offering earlier tee times with 700 baht restaurant credit for about 3700 including buggy and caddie. That was in mid March. So as low season hits I would expect even better deals will be on offer.

Definitely on my list of courses for my regular trips from now on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2022 at 04:36, Tuna Town said:

This thread ain't just about me. It is here to inspire other people about how great golf is in Thailand

IMG20220407183159.jpg

IMG20220407183140.jpg

IMG20220407183129.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I had not heard of this course, but will definitely will add it to the list. You had an impressive round with 7 pars. Looks like a few of the par 3's were challenging. The photos look awesome. I've played Old Siam, but these facilities look top notch too. Can't wait to play this track. 

1 hour ago, BeachLover1967 said:

Thanks for sharing. I had not heard of this course, but will definitely will add it to the list. You had an impressive round with 7 pars. Looks like a few of the par 3's were challenging. The photos look awesome. I've played Old Siam, but these facilities look top notch too. Can't wait to play this track. 

It's a great facility and easy to find near the Buddha Mountain 

I wouldn't say the Par 3s were that daunting 

I just stuffed 2 of them up big time 

First one I put in the Greenside bunker and then had an "Adolf" two shots in the bunker leading to a 5 

Second One I hit a poor shot not striking it 100% limped into the hazard but I was able to play out of the hazard and got it up close to the green. Then chipped on and 3 putted.

I would say the failings were all on my shitty golf 555

Great report! if you're still in town in a couple weeks maybe we can get a game, think wed have a nice little match you and I!

10 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

It's a great facility and easy to find near the Buddha Mountain 

I wouldn't say the Par 3s were that daunting 

I just stuffed 2 of them up big time 

First one I put in the Greenside bunker and then had an "Adolf" two shots in the bunker leading to a 5 

Second One I hit a poor shot not striking it 100% limped into the hazard but I was able to play out of the hazard and got it up close to the green. Then chipped on and 3 putted.

I would say the failings were all on my shitty golf 555

As my golf buddies would say to me, when I have a blow up hole .... It's a LOFT issue (Lack Of Fucking Talent). But given your low handicap, that's clearly not your issue. Everyone has occasional blow up holes. That was clearly demonstrated yesterday at the PGA Championship when the leader blew up on the final hole. 

Thanks again for the recommendation on this course. Can't wait to play it!

On 07/04/2022 at 04:36, Tuna Town said:

IMG20220407183159.jpg

IMG20220407183140.jpg

IMG20220407183129.jpg

Which set of tees did you play? Looking at the scorecard I would be playing the White tees. 

1 hour ago, BeachLover1967 said:

Which set of tees did you play? Looking at the scorecard I would be playing the White tees. 

I am thinking it was either the blue or the white. I am not 100% but it wasn't the black or the yellow or red.

White would have been my guess if I had to put money on it 

4 hours ago, sharpchedder said:

Great report! if you're still in town in a couple weeks maybe we can get a game, think wed have a nice little match you and I!

I be back in town late on the 17th June so be out on the course on Monday 20th June for my first game

• 1 year later...