IGNORED

Silom/Riverside Area Hotels

landslide

I am arriving in Bangkok mid June and will be staying for 3 days before heading out to other areas north in Thailand. In the past, I have always stayed in the Soi 4 area, but this time, I am looking to stay in the Silom/Riverside area. Could anyone recommend a decent hotel in the 2000 - 3000 Baht range? I will be with my Thai girlfriend. If possible, it should be close to the BTS or river taxi. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Montein or Narai in Silom Rd.

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!

Sorry was in a rush last night, thats why the response was so short.

If you go for the Narai, it's in an excellent spot, but ask for a non smoking room, and one preferably above the 9th floor, as the others are pretty average. I've stayed there a couple of times and never had any real problems, except for being put into an average room, but they looked after me after I let them know:) Great views to BKK too!

Montein is a bit more expensive, but friends have stayed there and reckon its alright. the Montein is right on the doorstep to Patpong.

Sorry was in a rush last night, thats why the response was so short.

If you go for the Narai, it's in an excellent spot, but ask for a non smoking room, and one preferably above the 9th floor, as the others are pretty average. I've stayed there a couple of times and never had any real problems, except for being put into an average room, but they looked after me after I let them know:) Great views to BKK too!

Montein is a bit more expensive, but friends have stayed there and reckon its alright. the Montein is right on the doorstep to Patpong.

Thanks Dan. After looking at the website, I think I'll give the Narai a try. Rates look good. The location is about perfect for what we want. Do you have any idea of the difference between the Superior and Deluxe rooms? Is it just a matter of how high a floor you are on? Amenities look very similiar and all rooms seem to be 28sm.

I've got no idea to be honest with you. You might be right there regarding the size of the room.

I found service good, no problems with staff, breakfast area was great.

I don't know how fussy you are, but the bathrooms when I was there had been re grouted, and it looked as though someone hadn't finished the job. But for me that was no big deal.

See how you go :Whistle: