Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here


Work in UK for Thai fiancee?


Recommended Posts

Hi, not sure if this is correct section to put it in, but my partner is coming over to UK on fiancee visa, we are getting officially hitched about 3 weeks after she lands... my question is how do we go about getting her working?

Does she need another visa for that?

Anyone done the similar thing?

What exactly will she need to work?

I have worked for myself most of my life, so not sure what she has to do...thanks for the help guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was married to an american who entered uk on a tourist visa with conditions of no work, no access to public funds and she could work asap after marriage and the stamp in the passport had been changed by the Home Office people


this was in 2000 so rules may have changed but good luck in finding a suitable job

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i will try to help you here

my wife came to the uk on a fiancee visa from thailand last year and the visa clearly stated that she could not work or claim recourse to public funds

also you cannot obtain a national insurance number while she is on a fiancee visa as we tried to do this just after we were married

after you marry you must apply for a 2 year extension (further leave to remain) which you should apply for before the fiancee visa expires

my wife got hers back 2 weeks ago and we had to wait the full 14 weeks before the new visa arrived

this visa will allow your new wife to work or start a business in the uk

also you dont have to apply for a national insurance number until she has started work

job centre plus website will fill you in on this

hope this helps


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot guys, been a great help.

All the answers have been most helpful. Thanks for the links also :BeerFunnel1:


Sawadee Krap!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You marry then you apply for further leave to remain in the UK.


You then can open bank accounts etc, and apply for an NI number.


In 2 years she may apply for ILR subject to passing the KOL requirement or ESOL.

Thai Visa Express
Registered UK Immigration Consultants 
OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants
Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com


Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand
OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner
Email : [email protected]
Tel : 0801022328
Tel :038420313
Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.