Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Volunteer visa

Sofa King High

Anyone have recent experience entering after having one of these bad boys?! Agency said throw the whole passport away and start fresh otherwise likely ro be denied at the airport.

A fresh passport is often cited as a viable solution for those likely to be scrutinized based on previous stamps and/or length of stay. It's surprising to me that this would be effective in the computer age.

1 hour ago, Sofa King High said:

A fresh passport is often cited as a viable solution for those likely to be scrutinized based on previous stamps and/or length of stay

I would say sometimes cited. And no, doesn't make any difference. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

That said. I don't know of any reason a previous volunteer visa would be a particular problem. Unless, perhaps, there was something dodgy about it.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Sofa King High said:

Anyone have recent experience entering after having one of these bad boys?! Agency said throw the whole passport away and start fresh otherwise likely ro be denied at the airport.

A fresh passport is often cited as a viable solution for those likely to be scrutinized based on previous stamps and/or length of stay. It's surprising to me that this would be effective in the computer age.

Utter rubbish. I’ve had an agent volunteer visa and it was never questioned coming or going from Bangkok or Phuket 

they are harder to get than they once were, however 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

That said. I don't know of any reason a previous volunteer visa would be a particular problem. Unless, perhaps, there was something dodgy about it.

Actually been a couple of reports on other forums of people who got dodgy volunteer visas before/during the covid amnesty having issues re-entering the country and even a response from Thai Elite suggesting immigration would deny the Elite Visa unless they got a new passport first.

4 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Actually been a couple of reports on other forums of people who got dodgy volunteer visas before/during the covid amnesty having issues re-entering the country and even a response from Thai Elite suggesting immigration would deny the Elite Visa unless they got a new passport first.

I asked Thai Elite the very same thing and they said there was no problem 

3 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I asked Thai Elite the very same thing and they said there was no problem 

Yeah I take all reports with a grain of salt, plus in a lot of cases it seems to depend on the IO you get more than what the actual laws/policies are. They were happy to allow it when they needed income during the country's closure but now that thing are opening back up, they want to make a stink about it. Typical with how things work here. Even people with just a lot of covid extensions are reporting being scrutinized for long periods and other issues.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah I take all reports with a grain of salt, plus in a lot of cases it seems to depend on the IO you get more than what the actual laws/policies are. They were happy to allow it when they needed income during the country's closure but now that thing are opening back up, they want to make a stink about it. Typical with how things work here. Even people with just a lot of covid extensions are reporting being scrutinized for long periods and other issues.

You get this all the time (especially at ThaiVisa)

I’ve had all sorts of Visas in my 15 years here, never ever had a problem extending or getting a visa or ever been questioned at any border or IM Office (and I used to come and go 30 times a year) 

I’ve seen a couple of people get told off by the Dragon lady at MTT, but they got their extension.  

I take this all with a grain of salt, as you say. 

• Like 3

You get the odd weirdo on ThaiVisa from a strange country who has been on COVID extensions for 2 years has a story about getting rejected and being given X number of days to leave etc. But then you never hear from them again and the story is never followed up on.

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

You get the odd weirdo on ThaiVisa from a strange country who has been on COVID extensions for 2 years has a story about getting rejected and being given X number of days to leave etc. But then you never hear from them again and the story is never followed up on.

Very true. Also tons of trolls and bitter expats on there with nothing else to do but be awful to everyone. Glad it's not the same on this forum.

• Like 3